Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shamustan

1960 Intermediate Terrace - A&a, Reconstruction Or Rebuild Costs?

Hi, we are currently doing a reconstruction of our dream house at the moment, land of 1800sqft and future buildup will be 3200sqft. Our total cost for the reconstruction is slightly more than 300k, thanks very much to our builder, he is a small time builder but very experience. Also we managed to keep cost down by sourcing for our marbles and sanitary wears at warehouse sale. Can u imagine getting italy marbles at $3psf? That 300k included PE and architect costs, and all necessary permits and approvals. We can intro our builder and architect to u if u are interested, but u have to know what u want. Cheers

hi victor, could you pm the contacts for your builder? and how do you get to know abt the warehouse sales? thro the newspaper? thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi victor, could you pm the contacts for your builder? and how do you get to know abt the warehouse sales? thro the newspaper? thanks.

yes read newspaper or on weekends u drivce through tuas sure can see warehouse sale

I am glad you are happy with the outcome of your house. could you pm me your architect & contractor contact? Thanks.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2337...mp;l=2670b78245

can u call yourself or google whichever is easiest

architect got so many kinds. Fanciful or basic. Maybe u found a LV architect whereas people like me just go for down to earth katespade architect.

u go into LV shop wtih katespade budget of coz they bochap u

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2337...mp;l=2670b78245

can u call yourself or google whichever is easiest

architect got so many kinds. Fanciful or basic. Maybe u found a LV architect whereas people like me just go for down to earth katespade architect.

u go into LV shop wtih katespade budget of coz they bochap u

hi pantieileen,

thanks for the inform. i try sourcing from the internet, maybe just my luck that most of them turn out to be LV architect.

Btw, where did you find your down to earth katespade architect? from the builder? or did you source for them separetly?

i got a list from the yellow pages, should i start calling them one by one.....

hi pantieileen,

thanks for the inform. i try sourcing from the internet, maybe just my luck that most of them turn out to be LV architect.

Btw, where did you find your down to earth katespade architect? from the builder? or did you source for them separetly?

i got a list from the yellow pages, should i start calling them one by one.....

drive through landed estates and check out those that are currently doing renovation. copy down the architect and builder on the whiteboard (unless it's illegal they got no board) they use provided preferably those that are almost completed so u can see the works. u can even go inside and see the work coz most of the time it's bangaldesh or prc workers there they don't know who u are unless u suay suay see the owner then u praise him for his good choice of design etc etc

this will be easier than flipping thru yellow pages no point coz u can't see the actual works

http://search.insing.com/business/design-a...lic/id-a1ba0000

i use this, my contact is Kelvin Quah.

Comments : Reliable, honest, down to earth, listens to what i need, suggest, discuss pros and cons, compromise, agree, proceed, submit all the necessary. In short, gets the job done.

He's not those top notch architects, must have "flow" and design concept. If u need your house to be shown in magazine standards or must win some award then he's not your type. i ever talk to such architects, must force me to listen to accept his designs rather than what i need (vomit blood for me talk simi flow of design, swimming pool or wading pool inside the house, tropical design blah blah blah).

If you are those looking to build standard/modern/contemporary designs, quickly do then sell/move into your house then yes go to him.

Basically, Tod's/Coach/Katespade/Agnes B vs Hermes/LV/Miu Miu standards

There is a contractor who is definitely not LV standard but he is good for down-to-earth, practical renovations. Mr Tan has worked on my neighbour's house since November and the house is nearing completion. There is an attic added to the house and the workmanship is good. He is friendly and willing to accomodate to varying budgets. He is from Tan Chuan Chong builders in Chua Chu Kang.

Thanks Contact12 for yr reply. I have already cfm 1 builder last week. Nevertheless, appreciate yr infor.

Have a nice day n rgds :)