Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ninja3101

Anybody House Got Do Network Or Lan Points ?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

in the end, i opted not to have patch panels. just got my electrician to run the cat 6 cables to a cabinet and fix my switch there to connect all of them up. since i only have 8 points. not really that messy

any company do network lan points? where to buy patch panel? using hub?

i cannot survive without Internet.

if its not too many points. u could just get a switch to connect everything together

The last time i went there this year, they only see the cables. But you got to terminate the cables yourself.

Does Choo Qiang Marketing sells any patch panel?

If its a new house, just ask the electrician to do it for you. Its like installing a phone lines. Phone lines uses Cat 3 cables. Network cables are Cat 5/5e/6. Same concept.

where did you get the 3Com switch from ? Not commonly seen in IT shops ...

3com gigabit switch with jumbo frame support

how to do 2 network point in each room, 1 living room, 2 cbr, 1 mbr

thats what i did. asked my electrician to do it for me. 2 points in each room. all terminating in a cabinet next to the tv console. going to install my switch/router/modem/NAS all there.

I think LHS (shopname) in Sim Lim Tower (second floor) sells Belden Cat 6 loose ie you can buy whatever length you require. Look for Robert - he's a great guy and provides good advice.

I just got a rim of Cat6 Belden cable from Robert. Very helpful and honest guy.

Anyone know whether for the standard 1" trunking, how many core of Cat6 cables can be lay in there?

I just got a rim of Cat6 Belden cable from Robert. Very helpful and honest guy.

Anyone know whether for the standard 1" trunking, how many core of Cat6 cables can be lay in there?

In addtion to what Casper has advised, you can go to LHS Electronic Enterprise

Sim Lim Tower #02-27

or call Tel: 62932242 to look for Robert Lee. He is quite an expert and will be able to answer your queries. Better to speak to him face to face at the shop as he has quite a lot of business even on weekdays. When I was there, he advised two Malay guys not to change a cable that they brought to show as a sample. He helped them repair the cable and connections rather than try to make a profit by selling them new stuff. Looks quite honest to me. There were also a few contractors that asked him for advice on cabling. Hence, I think he is a useful resource for you to check.

Cheers!

I am thinking of running CAT6 cable in my house rather than CAt5E, with all the hype about open net, i wanted to get it over done with once and for all.

i came across this shop in sim lim tower, they are offering Brand 3M and AMP CAT6 Cable, the price is around $170 plus minus. They even sell a set of the networking tools so we can DIY the crimping of plugs and keystone and it even have a tester to test if the cable is working.

I saw lots of this brand DRAKA around there, any idea wat is this brand DRAKA price like ? i heard it is every cheap.

Any draka user here ?