Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cacabi111

Existing Water Filter At Resale House

Hi i realise the resale place we bought has a water filter (beneath the kitchen sink, think filiter is 5y old)...

is it ok to just change the filter cartridge.....or is it more advisable to just remove the whole thing?

Anyone came across this prob before?

The brand is Kemflo, if changing cartridge is fine, anyone knows where to buy Kemflo cartridges for water filters? Thnx.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi i realise the resale place we bought has a water filter (beneath the kitchen sink, think filiter is 5y old)...

is it ok to just change the filter cartridge.....or is it more advisable to just remove the whole thing?

Anyone came across this prob before?

The brand is Kemflo, if changing cartridge is fine, anyone knows where to buy Kemflo cartridges for water filters? Thnx.

just changing the cartridge will be sufficient. unless you are redoing the whole piping, then replace a new 1. i think there are only 2 types of filters in the market. available at most neighbourhood hardware stores. just bring your current cartridge (take it out, wash and dry) to the shop and show them. they should know

erm...meaning i cant just get rid of the filter easily & just use normal tap water?

hmm if cannot just remove filter i will try to take out the cartridge to wash and dry (seems quite dirty looking cartride though!) ....just to check no need to hunt the same brand (Kemflo) cartridge, can just use other brands rite?

btw is taking out the cartridge difficult?

cos i tested once but not really sure what to do....seems must use some device to remove, i found come C-shape device in the drawer....use this to twist?

of cos must off the water supply first hor?

scary to DIY, but must cut cost...

pls advise...thanks!

Edited by cacabi111

erm...meaning i cant just get rid of the filter easily & just use normal tap water?

hmm if cannot just remove filter i will try to take out the cartridge to wash and dry (seems quite dirty looking cartride though!) ....just to check no need to hunt the same brand (Kemflo) cartridge, can just use other brands rite?

btw is taking out the cartridge difficult?

cos i tested once but not really sure what to do....seems must use some device to remove, i found come C-shape device in the drawer....use this to twist?

of cos must off the water supply first hor?

scary to DIY, but must cut cost...

pls advise...thanks!

if u wanna remove the filter. u can just use a length of pipe to fill up the gap in the place of the filter. but imo, its good to have the filter in place.

use the C-shape device to turn the filter base out and u can remove the filter cartridge.

If u dun wanna bring the whole filter, just take a look at the filter. 1 type i know of has a black plastic part at the top end, the other type is white filter from top to bottom.

and yes, you must off the water supply first. usually there is a knob just before the filter to facilitate shutting off the water

Hi Wolflet,

thank you, change the filter cartridge last night liao!

Hehe actuallly my bf did it...he say ur reply helped a lot, TQ vm :)

no prob. remember the change the filter every few mths when it turns brownish