Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
musicbox

Advice Needed - First Time Buying Private

Hi all,

I'm considering buying a condo in AMK or Kembangan area, but it's really a headache in making the final decision, and this is the first time i'm buying a private property, would like to seek advice from those who have gone thru the process as me or those who are expert in this area.

1) I was looking at HDB around TPY area initially, but prices keep increasing and many seller are asking COV like $80 to $100 k, so i change my mind to search for Condo. Then found this apartment at Kembangan. Can anyone advice whether this is a good location to buy? as in conveniency?

2) This apartment is freehold, current price about $720psf, is the price worth it?

3) I'm working in north, not sure travelling from Kembangan to north will be a headache? I drive.

4) I'm totally inexperienced, can anyone tell me what are the things to look out for when i source for condo and any things to pay attention when closing the deal?

If anyone can take your time to answer my doubts, i'll be very gladful! thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

1) I was looking at HDB around TPY area initially, but prices keep increasing and many seller are asking COV like $80 to $100 k, so i change my mind to search for Condo. Then found this apartment at Kembangan. Can anyone advice whether this is a good location to buy? as in conveniency?

--> location is very subject.

--> HDB @ TPY is that kind of price. Why don't u look at other area?

2) This apartment is freehold, current price about $720psf, is the price worth it?

--> what is the last few transaction psf?

3) I'm working in north, not sure travelling from Kembangan to north will be a headache? I drive.

--> I don't drive. So don't know

4) I'm totally inexperienced, can anyone tell me what are the things to look out for when i source for condo and any things to pay attention when closing the deal?

--> question too wide until don't know how to answer

(a) AMK and Kembangan area very different ... it's not like AMK and Thomson or Kembangan and Bedok ..

(b) Purchase of house/condo/HDB depends:

-> do you like the area you choose to live in

-> access to amenities (eg) shops, schools (if u have kids), public transport etc

-> price

© For price comparison, goto URA website and search for transacted properties in that condo you interested in for a gauge of the price range

(d) Best to view the condo, see if it fits your requirements (eg) family size, nbr of rooms, if u personally like the access in and out of that condo and area

(e) Driving from Bedok area to North during morning office hours should be smooth as the traffic is typically the other way round ...

I gather you should know the buying process and hence need not go into details ... basically you need to know your budget, if u qualify for the bank loan amount and also have spare cash for cash d'payment, renovations etc. Reno will depend on the condition of the condo and this will also affect the price you willing to pay for the condo ... for example, if you hate the current reno and estimate will spend close to 100K to redo the unit, you need to factor this when making your offer

In brief, you must like the area first, then the condo and amenities it offers, do background check on recent transacted price, know your budget and cash amount willing to spend ...

Hihi,

thanks all for the advice. I like the place very much, but will give myself some more time to do some survey around that area!

If anyone staying around kembangan, do share with me the life living there :)

Hihi,

thanks all for the advice. I like the place very much, but will give myself some more time to do some survey around that area!

If anyone staying around kembangan, do share with me the life living there :)

Depending on the area in Kembangan. I used to live near Lengkong Dua.

It's a nice quiet area but amenties are sorely lacking. Food is still decent with some eateries nearby,

Nearest shopping mall would be Parkway Parade.

It's nice for people who wants to live in a quiet town.

MRT is available.

Community Centre nearby,

Telok Kurau allows access to east coast / ECP

Still Road allows access to ECP/PIE

depends on which north area you are working at though.

PIE/CTE can be a ***** in the morning where-ever you stay.

the main question is.. do you like the place so much that you are telling yourself "I must get it"? if so, get it. Price is subjective and dependent on how much you think its worth to you. :)

I will be moving to Telok Kurau Lorong H sometime next year ... (my unit is being built)

I like the area because it is walking distance to kembangan mrt and it is quiet. There is a park connector to East Coast as well ... in the evening/morning i could do my regular jogging using that path.

which apartment are you buying?