Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simonoei

Where To Shop For Kitchen Sink?

Dear all,

I was searching thru the entire web in singapore and cannot find a good neutral site that shares about buying kitchen sink.

First of all, WHERE can we buy?

Any good honest recommendation?

Why good? - Price correct and Good material should be the answer.

I m looking for stainless steel kitchen sink.

But no such topic as where to shop. - Seems like everyone goes Asia Excel at Balestier.

Well, I will go and check it out.

Now, after much searching ... Below are some of my recommendation Just By Searching Internet.

a) Asia Excel in Balestier 292.

b) Bretz at Park Mall if looking for high class.

c) Hong Joo - 301 Jalan Besar

d) Poh Joo (also well recommended thru internet) - 390 Jalan Besar

e) Multicol - 101 Kitchener Road - near Jalan Besar

f) Sim Siang Choon - 21 Changi Road

g) Lotus Art - No. 1 Jalan Beseh New World Centre

h) Try IKEA ...

What I learn from search ... First pricing looks like range from 100 - 800.

second, must know undermount or overlay.

third size of your sink if there is already a existing kitchen frame.

anyway, i believe there are expert out there.

can u share with us, how to approach in buying kitchen sink ... step by step???

is it that complicated?

what are the pricing like?

what should we look out for?

why price is so different?

is it branding or is it really $$ for $$.

Brands like Rubine from Korea is recommended in this website.

Franke is also well-known thru searching web.

Any recommendation and why and if possible, the price range will be greately appreciated.

I will do my marketing and report here thru this link.

If I do not benefit from this forum ... i hope others thru my experience will.

RENOVATION IS A BIG HEADACHE AND VERY VERY EXPENSIVE!!!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

kitchen wares~

Hoe kee

they hv temper glass shelves ranging from corner type to those fixed under the mirror type. they hv alot of variety at No. 9 Genting Road (their main warehouse/office/showroom, for the address, double check the yellow page) at reasonable pricing.

for temper glass shelves, prices start from S$40 onwards. it comes in various sizes.

for stainless steel item, it prices are from S$13 onwards depending on type.

do take note and always ask if the railings and fixtures on the shelf, the hook etc. are chrome steel or plastic becoz chrome steel are certainly more durable.

i find theirs is a gd price and they are able to give a better discount if you buy more.

Poh Joo

they hv limited variety of shelves and are of smaller sizes.

but they do hv cheaper hob & hood but do ask where they are assemble at, eg. China, Vietnam, Indonesia or Malaysia, etc.

Royal Franco

their prices are abit ex compare to the above 2.

For anyother place, for hob & hood, do always where they are assemble from juz to let yourself hv a clearer pic so that you can make your choice.

Goh Ah Bee at hougang / kovan city / kovan mrt

they are old shops so they dun try to cheat you. they hv cheaper hob & hood compare to other shops out there.

they dun hv enough place to display out their things but you can ask them alot of questions abt their things and you will find they carry a wide variety of items. the boss son is the most friendly and patient person who will answer your questions even if you didnt buy from them.

Universal Union at Geylang Lor 44

they hv a wide variety of hob & hood, sanitary and kitchen wares at reasonable prices. can provide discount also.

Kitchen wares

teka, etc.

hobs & hoods

Fujioh

Turbo

Techno

Rinnai

La Germania

Cuizino

etc.

Hi

I bought a MN TR 102 kitchen sink from PJ last Aug 09 and has been using it without any problems so far.

Like the single big bowl design as it allows us to wash large cooking pots/ pans.

My wife got a SS top tray to place over the sink so that the plates can dry out after washing.

For washing the veggies; she got me to pay for a plastic container (need to buy seperately from the sink) comes with a removal stopper at its base to plug the water in. She has stop using it after 2 months!

The nice sale girl (Chen Yang) at the PJ Jln Besar branch gave me a nice discount when I got my rest of my kitchen and bathroom stuff togther with the sink.

Cheers

I'm planning to get my accessories from Heritage(Geylang Lor 44).

The kitchen sink that I may be getting is $210. Double basin. Scratch resistant(matte finishing).

They sell sanitaries, hob and hood.

The layout is neat and stylish.

I recommended the shop to my friend too and he agreed that their prices are reasonable.

My friend is that kind who will do a lot of surveys. He walked the whole stretch of Jalan Besar and said that Heritage quotation is still the best.

I'm planning to get my accessories from Heritage(Geylang Lor 44).

The kitchen sink that I may be getting is $210. Double basin. Scratch resistant(matte finishing).

They sell sanitaries, hob and hood.

The layout is neat and stylish.

I recommended the shop to my friend too and he agreed that their prices are reasonable.

My friend is that kind who will do a lot of surveys. He walked the whole stretch of Jalan Besar and said that Heritage quotation is still the best.

I went to universal union at Geylang Lorong 44 today and quoted the price of sink that Heritage gave me.

The lady gave me a cheaper price of the same sink, $200.

I went to universal union at Geylang Lorong 44 today and quoted the price of sink that Heritage gave me.

They also charge gst separately.

We went to Universal Union at Geyland Lor 44 today due to recommendation from this forum. The boss gave us a discount we couldn't resist! We bought a one bowl undermount sink. Stainless steel and rectangular edges for sleek look. Brand: Elkay (from USA). Comes with accessories like strainer and anti-bacterial chopping board.

Only $300!!!

But must speak to the boss because his staff can only give us that much discount. Boss was super friendly and very very nice. Gave us discount for everything we bought in the shop! Further discount from the price quoted by his staff!

We went home very very happy. Can't wait to use the sink!!!

Hi all, I'm looking for kitchen sink with the pull out shower type tap.. Any idea where can I get cheap and reliable ones?

TIA! :)

You only need to choose that type of tap then. Won't quite affect the type of sink you get.

Although a word from my personal experience. I have used those "shower type" pull out tap in my current place. The water then to leak from the pull out part. We've been told by the plumber not to pull out if possibe. That did the trick and since then (that was about 8 years ago), we stopped pulling out the tap part.

Maybe the design now is much better than a decade ago. Hopefully it won't leak. But I'm taking no chance. I bought a fixed tap without the pull out part this time.

Hope that helps. :)

Did u compare pricing at Sim Siang Choon with those individual stores?

Are things at Sim Siang Choon more expensive?

thks :)

Hi all, I'm looking for kitchen sink with the pull out shower type tap.. Any idea where can I get cheap and reliable ones?

TIA! :)

My current home has a pullout shower tap too. After some time, the shower button jammed, pipe leaked, cupboard wet, shower head stucked cannot pull out. In the end, just use it like a normal tap.

i think hoe kee is not bad ah. poo joo also ok ah. depends how you bargain leh. LOL

We went to Universal Union at Geyland Lor 44 today due to recommendation from this forum. The boss gave us a discount we couldn't resist! We bought a one bowl undermount sink. Stainless steel and rectangular edges for sleek look. Brand: Elkay (from USA). Comes with accessories like strainer and anti-bacterial chopping board.

Only $300!!!

But must speak to the boss because his staff can only give us that much discount. Boss was super friendly and very very nice. Gave us discount for everything we bought in the shop! Further discount from the price quoted by his staff!

We went home very very happy. Can't wait to use the sink!!!

Hi BlueKing07

I am intending to get this sink as well. I went to UU but i was quoted 390 before gst!!

Hi BlueKing07

I am intending to get this sink as well. I went to UU but i was quoted 390 before gst!!

Is it Elkay? One bowl? 540cm in length (sorry cant rem width and depth).

I was quoted final price of $350 by this 40ish lady staff -- after much haggling though. But must mention she's nice and non-pushy. Patient and helpful. Although can't give further discount.

But we bought lotsa stuff from the shop. Rain shower, shower mixer, sink tap, shelves, etc. Then boss happen to be around and happened to have a chat with us. So he gave us further discount to entice us to buy. They are really sincere if you really intend to buy too. Try buying more stuff from them. They will be more willing to give discount.

One useful tip. Speak to the boss Mr Tan directly. He's very friendly and very willing to give futher discount. He gave me FURTHER discount on everything that already has been discounted by his staff.

I highly recommend Universal Union after such a pleasant shopping experience there (I had a horrible one **** Phenomenon. Never mind, I already ranted in another thread.)

Hope that helps!

Is it Elkay? One bowl? 540cm in length (sorry cant rem width and depth).

I was quoted final price of $350 by this 40ish lady staff -- after much haggling though. But must mention she's nice and non-pushy. Patient and helpful. Although can't give further discount.

But we bought lotsa stuff from the shop. Rain shower, shower mixer, sink tap, shelves, etc. Then boss happen to be around and happened to have a chat with us. So he gave us further discount to entice us to buy. They are really sincere if you really intend to buy too. Try buying more stuff from them. They will be more willing to give discount.

One useful tip. Speak to the boss Mr Tan directly. He's very friendly and very willing to give futher discount. He gave me FURTHER discount on everything that already has been discounted by his staff.

I highly recommend Universal Union after such a pleasant shopping experience there (I had a horrible one **** Phenomenon. Never mind, I already ranted in another thread.)

Hope that helps!

I went to Heritage and was quoted $290 for this Elkay bowl but was told out of stock.

Went back to UU, talk to another sales person and was quoted $350 (quoted $390 for the same by another sales person 2 days ago!) but out of stock too.

Find that the staff there in UU quote quite a major difference in prices between themselves.

Also, some stuff are cheaper in Heritage compared to UU.

So buyers, just visit them both to get the best prices. Seek out the bosses for direct quote.