Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wizi

Soundproofing And Heatproofing Ideas

Hi, my flat is a corner unit, where one of the bedrooms and the living room windows faces west. In the afternoons, the afternoon sun heats up the wall and the retained heat is tremendous... you cannot basically sit in that bedroom unless u have the aircon on. The living room similiarly gets alot of heat coming through the windows.

Also the living room faces a school's play compound.

Is there any tips and ideas on how to reduce the noise level from the school? As well as heatproof the wall of the bedroom with maybe wall-paper? Will wall-paper adhesive withstand daily heat? Or should i have to put in a false wall as a means to put some insulation between wall and room?

tx...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi, my flat is a corner unit, where one of the bedrooms and the living room windows faces west. In the afternoons, the afternoon sun heats up the wall and the retained heat is tremendous... you cannot basically sit in that bedroom unless u have the aircon on. The living room similiarly gets alot of heat coming through the windows.

Also the living room faces a school's play compound.

Is there any tips and ideas on how to reduce the noise level from the school? As well as heatproof the wall of the bedroom with maybe wall-paper? Will wall-paper adhesive withstand daily heat? Or should i have to put in a false wall as a means to put some insulation between wall and room?

tx...

only way to reduce noise from outside is to close / seal off the windows from my experience,

the more air-tight the room/ area is-- the less noisier the room is

seal or cover up doors, windows, holes in walls then less noisy

Hi i am an acoustic engineer. If you have any question please ask.

1) the wall that is heating up has it had any rockwool treatment? like a 40kg or somthing under 80kg?

Normally when local contractors do soundproofing they use thermal/heat insulation rockwool instead of the high denisty special brands like NoiseBlock DFB.

You would need someone to check this to confirm.

Your problem is not to difficult to fix both for soundproofing and thermal.

If you really do have bad thermal problems and not caused by rockwool, then a multi layer heatproofing membrane will sheild the house.

Please give me some more details for me to give you more advice, if you get really stuck i can come over for free and help you find a solution.

Hi i am an acoustic engineer. If you have any question please ask.

1) the wall that is heating up has it had any rockwool treatment? like a 40kg or somthing under 80kg?

Normally when local contractors do soundproofing they use thermal/heat insulation rockwool instead of the high denisty special brands like NoiseBlock DFB.

You would need someone to check this to confirm.

Your problem is not to difficult to fix both for soundproofing and thermal.

If you really do have bad thermal problems and not caused by rockwool, then a multi layer heatproofing membrane will sheild the house.

Please give me some more details for me to give you more advice, if you get really stuck i can come over for free and help you find a solution.

Hi,

I am looking for soundproof window for my HDB. Do you have any good and reasonable priced supplier to share ?

Thanks in advance.