Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
netimpact

Ceiling Leaking Just Before 2nd Appointment

Hi everyone,

I am suppose to complete the 2nd HDB appointment but just a few days downstair complain ceiling leak. Now,the buyer refuse to sign the undertaking for repair. I am willing to pay for the repair but the their lawyer ask for $12K hold back!. The 2nd appt is at 8 week, now still waiting for town council to check what is the cause of leakage. What should I do to push to close the deal? Can they claim for compenstation for delay?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi everyone,

I am suppose to complete the 2nd HDB appointment but just a few days downstair complain ceiling leak. Now,the buyer refuse to sign the undertaking for repair. I am willing to pay for the repair but the their lawyer ask for $12K hold back!. The 2nd appt is at 8 week, now still waiting for town council to check what is the cause of leakage. What should I do to push to close the deal? Can they claim for compenstation for delay?

Don't you have a lawyer? Then you should ask him for advice.

Generally, the condition of sale is as-is-where-is.

Problem is I am enaging HDB, not lawyer.

You can still ask for the lawyer to help you. Of course, you'll have to pay for advice, since that lawyers' fees is only for paperwork.

The HDB TO found the cause of leakage and advise what to do..now buyer not need to sign undertaking. i will have to push HDB to ask their lawyer to complete the 2nd appt.

Actually you can ask if your buyer is going to do the toilet anyway. If yes , can let them choose tiles leh.

It is to their benefit woh, new toilet and paid by you.

I had the same encounter with you. We told HDB to expeditite everything. So it was done before my second appointment within a week. I had 2 toilets changed.

Actually you can ask if your buyer is going to do the toilet anyway. If yes , can let them choose tiles leh.

It is to their benefit woh, new toilet and paid by you.

I had the same encounter with you. We told HDB to expeditite everything. So it was done before my second appointment within a week. I had 2 toilets changed.

You are lucky you still have time to rectify. now the buyer not happy, trying to give trouble. Their lawyer want to do a search on us...anyway I am not bankrupt nothing to fear about.

You are lucky you still have time to rectify. now the buyer not happy, trying to give trouble. Their lawyer want to do a search on us...anyway I am not bankrupt nothing to fear about.

Why should they be not happy ? because HDB will still bill to you leh. For me oso after the handover, HDB take forever to bill me. my buyer finish their reno, moved in liao then i receive bill

Hi everyone,

Yr 2nd appt is 8weeks from now or what? If it not now, you still have alots of time to repair. Yr buyer really got no heart man. Like that also want to carrot you big time with 12K :rolleyes: Maybe you offer them that you will pay for the repair and get yr agent to talk to them. Nothing really serious about it and not yr fault too. Nobody know when the ceiling going to leak too. Buyer should give and take, all party should sit down and discuss how to solve the leakage problem and who bare the cost. If I were you, I will pay for the repair cost and they should be happy about it.

Edited by davidbslee

The repair itself is a simple task, same day, finish liao.

But the procedure is very lengthy.

3 party meeting ( HDB, both owners ( up & down )

After verbal agreement, 1 of the owner must go see the RC committee to request them to issue letter to HDB, request that HDB foot the 50% out of goodwill.

RC can see you only once a week.

Upon receipt of this letter, HDB will issue letter to both owner to sign back by certain dateline.

Impossible to do it in FEB, cos chinese new year + 2 weeks... etc.

My case already sign back 2 weeks ago, earliest repair can only be in March.

My completion finally done... However,in the completion letter, the lawyer claim that HDB's TO report is not conclusive (HDB TO has already found the source and leak has stop) and the buyer reserve the right to claim for future leakage. The HDB legal department replied a letter to them saying I have the right to defend and counterclaiming.. Not sure if the buyer can really do that or not in the future :jawdrop:

My completion finally done... However,in the completion letter, the lawyer claim that HDB's TO report is not conclusive (HDB TO has already found the source and leak has stop) and the buyer reserve the right to claim for future leakage. The HDB legal department replied a letter to them saying I have the right to defend and counterclaiming.. Not sure if the buyer can really do that or not in the future :jawdrop:

buyer reserve the right to claim for future leakage. this clause very ambiguous leh. what happen if it start leaking 10 years from now?

buyer reserve the right to claim for future leakage. this clause very ambiguous leh. what happen if it start leaking 10 years from now?

It's all BS, as in I reserve my right to sue, you reserve your right to countersue, etc.