Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kruncho

Where To Get Cheap Nice Water Features?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Anyone got lobang to share? thanks!

I built my own water feature/pond all on my own.

First you must have an idea of what you want. The points you need to know ahead of buying materials is"

1.Size?

2.Just water feature or with Pond

3.Indoor or Outdoor

4.Materials and Design

5.Pumps/Filters

6.Plants(Aquatic or partially submerged)

7.Power Point and Water supply Assessibility

8.Budget.

Some flower gardens and Big aquarium shops do sell pre assembled units and you can actually

save cost by buying the materials and cementing it together.

I have helped a few friends set up such feature, but I cannot advise you unless you decide on the above 8 baiscs.

A basic simple one will be to buy a rectangular black fibre glass/vinyl tank and surround it with cement blocks, bricks or large stones.

Accessories can be added later on depending on your budget and interest.

Edited by fierydragon

Anyone got lobang to share? thanks!

Hi, you may try 1st lvl at IMM near the travellator. they have some water features on display there and have catalogues too.

As a warning, you'll spot algae in the water feature within 1/2 year unless you put some chemicals.

But if you have kids, it'll not be advisable.

A few places I seen with water feature

1. Thomson nursery area

2. Fu Lushou building the one at bugis -mini water feature

3. Imm

Above 2, and 3 are not reccommended.

Thomson nursery is good as there are many selection.

The 1 mentioned on the ground floor @ IMM is Fukai, just beside the escalator.

Their catalog looks very dated and all the water features featured inside looks very traditional.

And I din expect to buy my water feature there. But i was wrong. When i past by the other day, they were displaying some very nice modern ones. It immediately caught my eye. 1 water feature that is white in color and shaped like Eva!!!! Yes....as in the movie Wall E....it was simply fabulous...so cute and yet so outstanding!!!

Hi, you may try 1st lvl at IMM near the travellator. they have some water features on display there and have catalogues too.

As a warning, you'll spot algae in the water feature within 1/2 year unless you put some chemicals.

But if you have kids, it'll not be advisable.

hi wat type of chemicals to put in e water? where to get & how much? need to put often? thanks :rolleyes:

hi wat type of chemicals to put in e water? where to get & how much? need to put often? thanks :rolleyes:

If you dont have any fish .... use bleach or chlorine

If you dont have any fish .... use bleach or chlorine

Chlorine is very effective. I always help customer put this chemical into their water feature. But its hard to buy this chemical if you dun have any lobang.

anyone know where to get a buddha water feature, I saw it once at Iwannagohome but they doesnt seem to carry it anymore.

Anyone can help to know of alternative shop that sells a variety of such fountain?

anyone know where to get a buddha water feature, I saw it once at Iwannagohome but they doesnt seem to carry it anymore.

Anyone can help to know of alternative shop that sells a variety of such fountain?

go to upp thomson....there r alot of landscaping store ther...they do hv...but hv 2 order

I built my own water feature/pond all on my own.

First you must have an idea of what you want. The points you need to know ahead of buying materials is"

1.Size?

2.Just water feature or with Pond

3.Indoor or Outdoor

4.Materials and Design

5.Pumps/Filters

6.Plants(Aquatic or partially submerged)

7.Power Point and Water supply Assessibility

8.Budget.

Some flower gardens and Big aquarium shops do sell pre assembled units and you can actually

save cost by buying the materials and cementing it together.

I have helped a few friends set up such feature, but I cannot advise you unless you decide on the above 8 baiscs.

A basic simple one will be to buy a rectangular black fibre glass/vinyl tank and surround it with cement blocks, bricks or large stones.

Accessories can be added later on depending on your budget and interest.

Hi,

I am looking to diy my water feature as I am constrained by the place where i am going to place the water feature. Those off the shelves ones taht we've seen at Far East and Fukai are too big.

I came across this site that has the corrrect fibre glass tank, and all the necessary pumps SingaproeGarden

But it doesn't sell the bricks. is there a place that i can get good and cheap bricks? Far East tends to be costly.

Can I connect various fountains to 1 pump?

where did u get your stuffs for your water feature?

tks.

Hi,

I am looking to diy my water feature as I am constrained by the place where i am going to place the water feature. Those off the shelves ones taht we've seen at Far East and Fukai are too big.

I came across this site that has the corrrect fibre glass tank, and all the necessary pumps SingaproeGarden

But it doesn't sell the bricks. is there a place that i can get good and cheap bricks? Far East tends to be costly.

Can I connect various fountains to 1 pump?

where did u get your stuffs for your water feature?

tks.

Hi,

i am selling my water fountain, comes with black fibre base, all the bricks and a tower that spouts the water out.

i bought it at $650 @ Far east. now selling off at $250. self collect.

u inerested? i have downgrade to a smaller fountain hence need to sell this big one off.

can email me at xiaoris@yahoo.com.sg

i can email u the pics for it.