Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cassie

Resale Flat Inspection Before 2nd Appointment

I'm buying a resale HDB flat and would appreciate some advice on setting a date for the flat inspection before the 2nd appointment.

HDB's website says that at the 2nd appt "The buyer confirms that the flat has been vacated and its condition is acceptable". So I've confirmed the inspection date to be the night before the 2nd appt, since the sellers won't be moving out until 1 or 2 days before the appt date.

However, the property agent says we should inspect at least a week ahead so that the sellers have time to rectify anything that is not in order. But then anything can also happen in the week after inspection, before we get hold of the keys, since they would not have moved out yet. Bringing forward their shift date isn't really an option.

Would appreciate advice on whether I should move my inspection date earlier? If I stick to the current date, it means that if there's something that's not satisfactory, we have to inform hdb at the last minute to change the 2nd appt date (can be done?)? What did most of you do? Many thanks.

Edited by cassie

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I'm buying a resale HDB flat and would appreciate some advice on setting a date for the flat inspection before the 2nd appointment.

HDB's website says that at the 2nd appt "The buyer confirms that the flat has been vacated and its condition is acceptable". So I've confirmed the inspection date to be the night before the 2nd appt, since the sellers won't be moving out until 1 or 2 days before the appt date.

However, the property agent says we should inspect at least a week ahead so that the sellers have time to rectify anything that is not in order. But then anything can also happen in the week after inspection, before we get hold of the keys, since they would not have moved out yet. Bringing forward their shift date isn't really an option.

Would appreciate advice on whether I should move my inspection date earlier? If I stick to the current date, it means that if there's something that's not satisfactory, we have to inform hdb at the last minute to change the 2nd appt date (can be done?)? What did most of you do? Many thanks.

I'm doing the inspectation the night before 2nd appt.

If there're any problems, we can postpone the 2nd appt to allow the seller time to rectify the problems.

Congrats to u for getting the keys soon!

Edited by forgotten

Dun care what agent said, best is the night before 2nd appt.

on a separate note, can i tag along to ask a different questions?

i just received HDB letter on my first appointment date. the letter state that HDB will send down their tech officer to check for unauthorised renovationwork. then there is a paragraph stating that we as buyer is also advised to engage our own QP to check for abiguity and unauthorised reno work too.

is it really necessary????? or just hdb's way of covering their own backside.....? :rolleyes:

i just received HDB letter on my first appointment date. the letter state that HDB will send down their tech officer to check for unauthorised renovationwork. then there is a paragraph stating that we as buyer is also advised to engage our own QP to check for abiguity and unauthorised reno work too.

is it really necessary????? or just hdb's way of covering their own backside.....? :rolleyes:

Dun have to. Just let them inspect and they will just come and look see look see only. That time I sold my flat, the HDB come inspect less than 1min then go back liao, they only look at the walls and bomb shelter hole opening only.

I didn't bother to do that hehe.

Edited by forgotten

Hi, many thanks to all for responding. I'll stick to the night before the 2nd appointment then. Erm, what exactly do we look out for - other no structural damage.....? Basically the condition of the flat is as it was when we signed the OTP? HDB's not very clear on defining what falls under the seller's responsibility to fix up, if any. thanks.

Hi, many thanks to all for responding. I'll stick to the night before the 2nd appointment then. Erm, what exactly do we look out for - other no structural damage.....? Basically the condition of the flat is as it was when we signed the OTP? HDB's not very clear on defining what falls under the seller's responsibility to fix up, if any. thanks.

basically any illegal modifications to the house have to be rectified. other things like cracks or broken tiles, if its there when u sign the otp, they dun have to rectify. general rule is, as long as the crack is at a visible location (ie. not covered) they dun have to mention it during viewing.

HDB inspection has nothing to do with your confirmation, ie they don't verify that the house is vacant, etc.

Their inspection is for un-approved renovations, etc.

So they can do it any time.

Will the HDB check for illegal renting during the inspection? :P

Eg living room become a big bedroom...

That goes without saying.

Edited by bepgof