Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pm_yeo

A&a On A Small Inter Terrace

Hi folks, we have just bought a small inter terrace land size ~920sqft only. Currently it is in almost orginal 2 storey conditions. We were thinking of building up another storey plus doing an overhaul of the interior. Anybody here who has similar experiences share with me a rough estimate of the cost as well as contractor for this project? Thanks !! :D

Edited by pm_yeo

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi folks, we have just bought a small inter terrace land size ~920sqft only. Currently it is in almost orginal 2 storey conditions. We were thinking of building up another storey plus doing an overhaul of the interior. Anybody here who has similar experiences share with me a rough estimate of the cost as well as contractor for this project? Thanks !! :D

Get an architect to help you review your plans and he would be able to offer you some advice. If it is A&A, you can budget for about $300,000.

Get an architect to help you review your plans and he would be able to offer you some advice. If it is A&A, you can budget for about $300,000.

But do you know how much will be professional fees (architect, PE and submission) based on $300,000 construction?

But do you know how much will be professional fees (architect, PE and submission) based on $300,000 construction?

When I mentioned $300,000, it was the price as at Feb 2010. The cost of construction has risen quite a fair bit since then. I think a fairly good A&A job will cost more now. There was a report by a forumer who engage an architect for about $100K. If you used her as the benchmark, the PE and submission fee + bringing in new telephone cable, Phase 3 Power supply, etc..., I think the sum could be in the region of $130K upwards. There is also a post put up by Victor that claimed he rebuild his house for $300K. You can try tracking Victor to pass you the builder's contact. So far, I have never come across a reliable contractor that can rebuild at $300K currently.

For me, I spent about $40K for professional fees, including submission, PE, architect, CCTV monitoring of sewage pipe, bring in phase 3 power supply, telephone cable and SCV cable.

Edited by leechaorui

An archictect should be able ot advise you on current market building cost, professional fees etc and other costs to budget and plan for. Typically these kinds of initial meetings to get the info should be free of charge, so don't worry, just go talk to a few and get a range of opinion.