Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I pay 4% property tax (4% of the annual value) for the property I am staying.

10% property tax is payable for my other investment properties.

If any of my investment properties is vacant for "longer than one month", once there is a new tenancy, I will apply for "vacancy refund" online. You can claim back the difference between 4% and 10% of property tax paid during the vacant period. Note that you have to prove that:

1) you cannot find a tenant despite much efforts; or

2) your property is under repair and unfit for staying.

Details can be found at http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page04.aspx?id=2380

IRAS adjusts the annual value up and down regularly depending on the economy. The estimation is based on minimum monthly rental of your unit times 12.

Annual value of any property can be checked online at https://mytax.iras.gov.sg/ESVWeb/default.as...=PTEVLListIntro

http://propertysoul.com

was informed by iras that i can't get a vacancy refund because "property unfit for staying" cannot be due to renovation/A&A

i guess the way to get concession is to change your address during renovation as some had suggested here earlier on

was informed by iras that i can't get a vacancy refund because "property unfit for staying" cannot be due to renovation/A&A

i guess the way to get concession is to change your address during renovation as some had suggested here earlier on

You never ask back the officer if your house under full renovation, do they live there?

You never ask back the officer if your house under full renovation, do they live there?

oh yeah! i got my refund for property tax coz i call and kpkb that now i demolish from the front wall onwards how to live in it? if no one can live in it and can't rent then i shouldn't be paying tax then they said ok pay first and they'll look into it. So really can refund partially since construction takes 10-11months.

Guess if u never ask u'll never know.

oh yeah! i got my refund for property tax coz i call and kpkb that now i demolish from the front wall onwards how to live in it? if no one can live in it and can't rent then i shouldn't be paying tax then they said ok pay first and they'll look into it. So really can refund partially since construction takes 10-11months.

Guess if u never ask u'll never know.

If the intention is to stay after construction, you can ask for tax remission but must undertake to stay in the house for a year after completion. The tax you pay is even much lower than ower occupier