Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rawmeat

When And How To Engage Id?

Should i engage a ID after my 1st appointment or after completion? I would like the renovation to start immediately when i receive the keys.

Also, do you normally give the ID your budget for them to design or ask them to propose? I only have a budget of $50k+ but I'm not sure if that's enough for my resale flat for reno and i don't really know how i would like it to be design and would prefer for the ID to propose....

Should I inform the ID of the budget first in that case?

Also, is it possible to make the ID commit to all items (including lightings, bathroom accessories,etc...) into the quote... the last time i renovated my parent's home, the cost overrun by 10k due to all these that were not included.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Should i engage a ID after my 1st appointment or after completion? I would like the renovation to start immediately when i receive the keys.

Also, do you normally give the ID your budget for them to design or ask them to propose? I only have a budget of $50k+ but I'm not sure if that's enough for my resale flat for reno and i don't really know how i would like it to be design and would prefer for the ID to propose....

Should I inform the ID of the budget first in that case?

Also, is it possible to make the ID commit to all items (including lightings, bathroom accessories,etc...) into the quote... the last time i renovated my parent's home, the cost overrun by 10k due to all these that were not included.

you can insist on everything first before hand.

but somethings its better you shop yourself like lights, bathroom accessories.

lower your budget for reno to allocate 10-15k for accessories.

Assume your reno budget of $50k excludes furnishing and appliances, then maybe you should tell your ID your budget is btw 40-45K, cos along the way sure got something to add here and there.

My budget was 25k, told ID only 20k and final bill came up to slightly over 25k.

Edited by TYM

Usually ard 2nd appt get quote is fine i feel, timeline wise.

Get 3 quotes and analyse your 1st impressions from there, other then the sums.

TYM advice is really the norm in getting around the budget portion.

Do remember to factor in accessories as it's usually quite a sum too.