Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wa1ker

Base Required For Washing Machine And Fridge?

Hi , would like to check, nowadays, is the base still required for washing machine and fridge?

I heard some say that new fridge all come with a base which will not be affected by light wash.... so no need to have base if you don't do heavy floor wash at kitchen...

also, it will be troublesome in future if you want to move the things around in kitchen...

comments? :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi , would like to check, nowadays, is the base still required for washing machine and fridge?

I heard some say that new fridge all come with a base which will not be affected by light wash.... so no need to have base if you don't do heavy floor wash at kitchen...

also, it will be troublesome in future if you want to move the things around in kitchen...

I think it is totally unnecessary. Logically speaking you can buy the plastic base at $5 and put them at corners of the fridge. I am anti-base.

I think it is totally unnecessary. Logically speaking you can buy the plastic base at $5 and put them at corners of the fridge. I am anti-base.

where to buy the base??

Nobody floods the kitchen when washing these days. At most is a light mop. Base is not neccessary. If the height is not right, can always get those plastic bricks from Toyogo to raise up the 4 legs.

Nowaday, very few house install fridge base. It does not look good in the first place, and restricted the frige movement in case u need to service or relocate to another place. And the wrose if you decided to buy new fridge, the exisiting old base cannot fit it :D

my fridge and w/m has no base. but contractors will ask you to add in so they can charge you more :D

I've added a base for my fridge which I regreted.

Nowadays the new kitchen so super small and my fridge is kinda big. It comes with auto water/ice dispenser. Every year I will have to change the water filter behind. Now I have to tilt the fridge whenever I change filter. Someone have to be in front of the fridge to "tahan" it while it is tilting at 15%... Super troublesome.

wat if e washing machine sits in service yard? though covered by win grilles when rain splashes in or when

washing machines discharges water, will it actually corrode the base of washing machine??? :help:

I also wondering abt w/m base, cos contractor explain its bcos of the sticking out drain pipe. make a w/m base is to cover it. but some said it for easier water flow.

I dunno abt corode w/m base, as my mil house w/m very often they splash water below to wash out the dirt. maybe can ask the sales person when buying shopping for w/m.

when i was buying my WM, the sales person told me to build a base, coz WM resting on the plastic base will vibrate alot.

Yes, I absolutely agree - no cement base is needed for today's fridge or washer.

I forgot to check this out and went along with the id' quote which included cement bases for the fridge and washer. Regret my lack of foresight - see cement base

After living in the completed flat for 2 yrs now, I think the cement base is not required at all, as my fridge and washer came with "legs" that raised the bottom about 2-inches from the floor.

Think about the advantages of no cement base:

a. Rearranging and moving around yr fridge and washer is possible, but not if there is a cement base.

b. If you replace yr old fridge / washer, you don't need to get another that can fit onto the same cement base.

c. You save the cost of the extra cement base.

Cheers

Edited by BlueFly

I will also not be having any w/m or fridge base. It is just in case I want to change fridge size, change washing machine pattern, etc. If got base, must always find the same size appliance. Appliance too small, base stick out, look ugly. Appliance too big, base not enough, cannot balance or worse, cannot squeeze in.

i dont have cabinet base, no fridge base, no washing machine base.

Woohoo! Way to go Stryke,

i didn't plan to put base for cabinet, fridge and wm also. How is it working out for you??

Thanks