Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pomchatchat

Water-feature In Bedroom

Recently, we were told to place a picture of a waterfall in the bedroom. To aid with overcoming too much "earth" in wife's elements. But, we're hesitating coz we've heard that water "features" are a no-no for bedrooms.

Anyone any advise?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Recently, we were told to place a picture of a waterfall in the bedroom. To aid with overcoming too much "earth" in wife's elements. But, we're hesitating coz we've heard that water "features" are a no-no for bedrooms.

Anyone any advise?

Water feature usually means real water. No harm actually BUT a fsm that recommend this remedy is usually no standard.

Water feature usually means real water. No harm actually BUT a fsm that recommend this remedy is usually no standard.

master chang did recommend to me to put a water feature in 1 of my bedroom...so u mean he is no standard???

master chang did recommend to me to put a water feature in 1 of my bedroom...so u mean he is no standard???

Hey....don't start jumping on me.....I meant waterfall painting leh...

heyhey.....master chang my idol....you know.....how dare I....

Hey....don't start jumping on me.....I meant waterfall painting leh...

heyhey.....master chang my idol....you know.....how dare I....

okok...sori la..i misunderstood...

Ya, some fsms say die die also cannot put water feature in the bedroom. Depends on which fsm you trust.. :P

I check with fengshui master and he mention the theory is incorrect. The reason why water feature is not recommended in bedroom is because it might disturb the sleep of the occupant in that room. If it is a study room etc, then it is perfect.

Intially I am skeptical but I did ask a master in the international fengshui association and she mention there is no logic to this in general. She still ask whether I ask this question after I read some famous english fengshui books.

For me, I choose to believe in my master and I find him a responsible guy. My water location happens to be located in one of my bedroom and he mention that is the cai position. If water is there, cai will be very good but the person who sleep there might not have good sleep and might have some health issues. So if I were to put water feature there, once I see something not correct, remove the water feature.

No offense to avid FS believers but with the exception of very old HDB flats, most MBRs have built-in toilets. Isn't that a water-feature ?

When you flush the toilet, isn't it the same as water trickling down some motor-operated fountain that people spend a fortune on ? I find it ludicrous that many forumers despite their tertiary education both local and overseas still buy-in to these concepts.

It is common sense that installing a water-feature in the bedroom will disturb your sleep. How I know ? Just allow your bath-tap to drip water at night and try to sleep. You will be irritated by the constant "tat-tat-tat" or "tink-tink-tink" sound of dripping water hitting the floor. Even if the FS master say it will bring "CAI" to you is all psychological. It defies logic because health problems arising from poor sleep will make you lose your "CAI" faster than the once in a blue moon 4-D windfall.

For those who insist on installing a water-feature because of "body heat',etc, I suggest you buy yourselves an air mister. The air in your air-conditioned bedroom is probably too dry. Or you are the type that take too much herbal soups,etc...resulting in feeling unwell instead of feeling better.

FS to me is common sense. Not elephants, donkeys, toads and statuettes. A FS master recommended my mum-in-law to place a water-feature in my dementia afflicted father-in-law's bedroom to "cool" the effects of dementia. She just bought a picture of a waterfall. I see no consolation in my father-in-law's condition. Before picture on the wall and after picture hung on the wall made no difference.

The sad truth about FS is that people prefer to believe in illogical & money-draining concepts than to pay 50-cents for a parking coupon to park legally. They are willing to splurge hundreds if not thousands to have their houses audited by FSMs but baulk at the ideal of paying a few dollars more for medical insurance for themselves and their loved ones. Such is the foolishness of people affected by materialism that the line between "must-have" and "nice-to-have" are blurred beyond recognition.

For those die-hard "CAI" location people, please PM your bank a/c no. so that I can transfer $10 on every 4-D or TOTO day to tap on your "CAI" winning formula. You can pay me 80% of the winnings. I also need "CAI" so maybe you can do a good deed by spreading some wealth to me !

I check with fengshui master and he mention the theory is incorrect. The reason why water feature is not recommended in bedroom is because it might disturb the sleep of the occupant in that room. If it is a study room etc, then it is perfect.

Intially I am skeptical but I did ask a master in the international fengshui association and she mention there is no logic to this in general. She still ask whether I ask this question after I read some famous english fengshui books.

For me, I choose to believe in my master and I find him a responsible guy. My water location happens to be located in one of my bedroom and he mention that is the cai position. If water is there, cai will be very good but the person who sleep there might not have good sleep and might have some health issues. So if I were to put water feature there, once I see something not correct, remove the water feature.

Did that lady really use the word "logic" ? Feng shui where got logic.....

No offense to avid FS believers but with the exception of very old HDB flats, most MBRs have built-in toilets. Isn't that a water-feature ?

When you flush the toilet, isn't it the same as water trickling down some motor-operated fountain that people spend a fortune on ? I find it ludicrous that many forumers despite their tertiary education both local and overseas still buy-in to these concepts.

It is common sense that installing a water-feature in the bedroom will disturb your sleep. How I know ? Just allow your bath-tap to drip water at night and try to sleep. You will be irritated by the constant "tat-tat-tat" or "tink-tink-tink" sound of dripping water hitting the floor. Even if the FS master say it will bring "CAI" to you is all psychological. It defies logic because health problems arising from poor sleep will make you lose your "CAI" faster than the once in a blue moon 4-D windfall.

For those who insist on installing a water-feature because of "body heat',etc, I suggest you buy yourselves an air mister. The air in your air-conditioned bedroom is probably too dry. Or you are the type that take too much herbal soups,etc...resulting in feeling unwell instead of feeling better.

FS to me is common sense. Not elephants, donkeys, toads and statuettes. A FS master recommended my mum-in-law to place a water-feature in my dementia afflicted father-in-law's bedroom to "cool" the effects of dementia. She just bought a picture of a waterfall. I see no consolation in my father-in-law's condition. Before picture on the wall and after picture hung on the wall made no difference.

The sad truth about FS is that people prefer to believe in illogical & money-draining concepts than to pay 50-cents for a parking coupon to park legally. They are willing to splurge hundreds if not thousands to have their houses audited by FSMs but baulk at the ideal of paying a few dollars more for medical insurance for themselves and their loved ones. Such is the foolishness of people affected by materialism that the line between "must-have" and "nice-to-have" are blurred beyond recognition.

For those die-hard "CAI" location people, please PM your bank a/c no. so that I can transfer $10 on every 4-D or TOTO day to tap on your "CAI" winning formula. You can pay me 80% of the winnings. I also need "CAI" so maybe you can do a good deed by spreading some wealth to me !

The overzealous pursuit of wealth and success in unconventional methods other than sheer hard work have caused many to abandon common sense. Common sense is no longer so common anymore. No offence but I am one of those as well. I, however, believe that to spend first on medical insurance and then fengshui.

Brother, I have to agree with you on most of the things that you have pointed out.

Cheers.

The overzealous pursuit of wealth and success in unconventional methods other than sheer hard work have caused many to abandon common sense. Common sense is no longer so common anymore. No offence but I am one of those as well. I, however, believe that to spend first on medical insurance and then fengshui.

Brother, I have to agree with you on most of the things that you have pointed out.

Cheers.

Agreed with 2 of you, anyway, FS is more than common sense. FS is originated from ancient medical theory of human body (5 elements). Basically, each human body contains these 5 elements with different proportions (each differs). One is healthy when the mix of the 5 reach optimum. Once healthy, "flow" will in and things around you are "believed" will get "smoothen", but actual fact tells us not necessary true. Good man, good health, good deeds die tragically often heard. Bad man, ill doing with "good luck".

FS is a study of change of physical environments, to make(compensate) one's 5 elements to get balanced/quivalence/optimum so to stay healthy (not necessary wealthy!) and that's all.

Time passes, taoism/miao san/some budhism practises, stars observation, palm reading, character reading come in and become "rojak" and "bazi" developed.

Sorry I now have to fetch son, wife is screaming, to be cont.

Edited by bepgof

Time passes, taoism/miao san/some budhism practises, stars observation, palm reading, character reading come in and become "rojak" and "bazi" developed.

Quite interested in what you have to say. Do continue when you next log in. :)

This section of the forum states "Geomancy/Fengshui". For non-believers of geomancy/feng shui, are you here to satisfy your curosity, queries you need answers to or to laugh/condemn/ridicule? It is alright for you not to believe, but leave the believers, to our "doom" of believing in geomancy/ feng shui.

Respect others in whatever their beliefs may be and not pooh-pooh members for coming in to exchange ideas and share information.

The 5 elements concept in fact quite "imaginary" but practical as observed by all chinese physicians, unlike yi-yang, "xi-xiang" & bagou which are "mathematical". To quantify and manage 5-element, don't know which "genieus" "invented" the "bazi" - to calculate one's body has "more" or "less" of this or that elements, based on one's DOB, timing. So by changing environments could compensate /strengthen one's "qi" - the optimum sum of 5 elements, in the hope to get healthier and therefore long life -which is the fundamental objective of "original" Taoism.

Personally I do not trust "bazi" - too simplify and static, as it is a manipulation of figures. One's fate is not governed by WHEN/WHERE/HOW you are born, but to facts of "LAWS OF UNIVERSE" - eg, law of gravity, sun rises from E & set at W, cause & effect (effect could take quite long time to be observed, as long as after 3rd generation), etc. A good "qi" ensures you a healthier body, but does not garantee you a "good fortune ahead". "qi" can only be "observed" and is rather "dynamic", not static and cannot be calculated based on figures. "qi" varies with environmental changes & "laws of universe" are facts.

FS must follow laws of universe. Houses built along slope, with mountain/s at back & moving water source nearby are considered "excellent" why? With mountain/s, weather changes is more predictable as strong wing shield the strong wing and make cloud moves slower. Slope - rain water will flow downward, no flooding and good defend position for coming invaders. Moving water - all human needs water, stageant water is toxic. These are basics and follow laws of universe.

A "good" residential unit nowsaday, like hdb, need no mountain( but need strong gov instead), need not to be built on slope, need no moving water source (water contract with malaysia to be expired in 2012, be wary!), adequate light/wind (now all these can be compensated by electricity!) What we need to maintain a good "qi" nowsday? My interpretation is:

- Good/smooth career ensures predictable income. This is the effect, what is the cause? By now, u should know.

- Harmony family. Again Effect, cause? u need to put in a lot of efforts.

- Physical fit - constant physical exercise and take in with "80% full" rule.

- Common sense not sixth sense. Common sense comes after gaining knowledge.

Note: Above is what I knew after reading many chinese books (some with wen yuan wen), for sharing, not for teaching. I am doubtful as to accuracy of translation from chinese to englishes fs books, cos many terms are rather "imaginary" and conceptualised. Anyong know english term for "xi-xiang", "Bagou", "wen chiang wei"?

Edited by bepgof

I know of a FS Master who is not commercial minded. He is an expert in this field and will be able to provide forumers with advice, if he is free.

If you want to reach him, you can pm me. I got him to give me some advice recently.