Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
madcat

Our New Home At Pasir Ris

Day 25

After acid wash and lighting installation, our new house looks much better! :P Carpentry are already delivered today, and installation will commence from next Monday onwards.

Two more weeks to go before moving in :good:

Below are the photos for reno progress update:

Living area with light on (One more KDK ceiling fan to be installed next week)

Window grill at balcony was installed today.

day25living01.jpg

day25living02.jpg

Bed Room Passage Way

day25bedroompassageway.jpg

Study Room (New window grill is also up)

day25studyroom.jpg

Edited by madcat

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Day 25 (Continued)

Kitchen

day25kitchen.jpg

Bed Room 2 (Future room for our girl)

day25bedroom02.jpg

Bed Room 3 (Future room for our boy)

But it is flooded with items delivered for our kichen and toilets.. but our son is quite happy with the color. :dancingqueen:

day25bedroom03.jpg

MBR

day25mbr.jpg

hey hey, reno all looking gd!

and i jus realised our floorplan somewhat similar lei. ha

and you know what? we're on the 4th floor too! hahaha

Edited by ne0mesis

Lood good. how much your renovation ? homogenues material for your floor ?

Reno budget was 47K++.. but I add quite a lot items during the reno... so have to wait till the end to confirm the total damage. :bow:

yes.. Homogeneous tiles for my floor.

Another busy day to shop for our new house:

Bought the below WMF stuff for my wife... so that she has no excuse for not cooking at home regularly :notti:

6 pc knife set with Kitchen helper

wmfknifeset.jpgwmfkitchenhelper.jpg

WMF 30 pc set

wmf30pcsset.jpg

After that, we went to Lifestorey at Great World City to check out rug for living area.... but the price of rugs there is kinda out of our budget.. those 1.6mx2.3m on sales are minimum 560++.. but we cannot find the color we like. Rugs on regular price tag is 950 before GST..... My wife and I took another look at each other before leaving lifestorey :bangwall: Think we have to settle with HAMPEN rug from IKEA, which only costs 149 for 1.6mx2.3m size.

Hi madcat,

May I know where u got the vent fan and how much? tks

Day 11 (continued)

MBR Toilet wall tiles, ventilation fan and new windows

day11mbrtoilet1.jpg

day11mbrtoilet2.jpg

Water proofing

day11mbrtoilet3.jpg

Hi madcat,

May I know where u got the vent fan and how much? tks

Err.. my vent fan is KDK one.. but i did not know the model number and it price.. :dunno:

because it was throw in by my ID when I decided to change new windows and grills for the whole house.

Another busy day to shop for our new house:

Bought the below WMF stuff for my wife... so that she has no excuse for not cooking at home regularly :notti:

6 pc knife set with Kitchen helper

wmfknifeset.jpgwmfkitchenhelper.jpg

WMF 30 pc set

wmf30pcsset.jpg

After that, we went to Lifestorey at Great World City to check out rug for living area.... but the price of rugs there is kinda out of our budget.. those 1.6mx2.3m on sales are minimum 560++.. but we cannot find the color we like. Rugs on regular price tag is 950 before GST..... My wife and I took another look at each other before leaving lifestorey :bangwall: Think we have to settle with HAMPEN rug from IKEA, which only costs 149 for 1.6mx2.3m size.

madcat, go jacksons design hub. i bought my 1.6 x 2.3m rug at $100, some bought a higher series at $220. Address is 29 tai seng street. from now till national day, fri, sat and sun is open from 11 am - 7pm.

quality better than ikea, for sure!

hope u get wat u wan.

madcat, go jacksons design hub. i bought my 1.6 x 2.3m rug at $100, some bought a higher series at $220. Address is 29 tai seng street. from now till national day, fri, sat and sun is open from 11 am - 7pm.

quality better than ikea, for sure!

hope u get wat u wan.

Hey, samgalz. Thanks for your tips! :good: I will pay a visit to jacksons design hub in next weekend.

Rugs with price tag of 500++ is way out of our budget. Even though IKEA one is not the ideal choice, we got no other choice at the moment.

Hopefully we can find the right one in jacksons design hub :thumbs up:

Sort of... prepare in advance mah :P

it is also partly due to my past experience with wireless router.

very inconsistant when playing game or watching streaming movie online... zz

so might as well setup the LAN network at home to solve it once and for all :good:

Hi madcat and Neo

please enlighten me as I am no good with this IT stuff. When you say LAN cable whole house, do you mean running the cables along with the electrical cables? So with this, no need to use wireless modem?

In my old place, we have a wireless modem. Whens surfing the net,sometimes speed ok sometimes very slow. some parts of the house always get disconnected also. Is doing this LAN cable the way to solve this problem? And how is this related to the open net? I thought for open net, just need to run a separate conduit for them?

bro madcat, ur reno is shaping up nicely. who is ur id ar? ;) btw, i saw some carpets from life storey @ tai seng warehouse, not too bad leh. was eyeing a 3m carpet to complement my sofa. not sure if the sale is over though. :unsure:

Hi madcat and Neo

please enlighten me as I am no good with this IT stuff. When you say LAN cable whole house, do you mean running the cables along with the electrical cables? So with this, no need to use wireless modem?

In my old place, we have a wireless modem. Whens surfing the net,sometimes speed ok sometimes very slow. some parts of the house always get disconnected also. Is doing this LAN cable the way to solve this problem? And how is this related to the open net? I thought for open net, just need to run a separate conduit for them?

You need to choose a centralized location to be your network hub in order to setup LAN network at home.

For my case, I choose my study room to be the network hub, where my router will be. I asked my electrician to wire up CAT 6 network cable in all 3 of my bed rooms and living area, which will link up with 4 network points in the study room. So as long as I connected all 4 network points in study room with router, I can access to internet through wired connection from 3 bed rooms and living area.

However, wired connection DOES NOT mean lag free internet access. Again, it has to depend on the condition of your internet connection (i.e. your ISP). Wired connection will only minimize network slowdown due to wireless connection, which is usually affected by the wireless signal receiption.

As for opennet, it is just another way to connect to internet. Starhub broadband is connected via SCV point, while Singnet is connected via telephone line. Opennet only setups the optical network and it is not an ISP. it will be up to Singnet and Starhub to decide whether and when to use the optical network to provide internet connection.

Hope my explanation will not confuse you :P

Edited by madcat

darth, the place is not belonging to lifestorey. it belongs to jacksons carpet. lifestorey rent the place for the sale and jacksons are tagging along the sale with their carpets.

sale is on till national day but while stocks last. some designs are out or running out of stock. if u like something, do get it fast.

bro madcat, ur reno is shaping up nicely. who is ur id ar? ;) btw, i saw some carpets from life storey @ tai seng warehouse, not too bad leh. was eyeing a 3m carpet to complement my sofa. not sure if the sale is over though. :unsure:

Thanks, Bro Darth Vader. I do not want to reveal my ID in public before reno completes. Please check your PM :)

Life storey @ taiseng warehouse? are they selling rugs at lower price compared with its outlet @ Great World City?

The price at its Great World City outlet is . . . . zz

darth, the place is not belonging to lifestorey. it belongs to jacksons carpet. lifestorey rent the place for the sale and jacksons are tagging along the sale with their carpets.

sale is on till national day but while stocks last. some designs are out or running out of stock. if u like something, do get it fast.

Oh.. now I know the answer leh... :o

Edited by madcat