Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
habib_ansari

Seller Breach Otp Contract

I think the best option is to approach the HDB officer, show him the relevant paperwork that that been done and seek his opinion of your intent.

Technically the deal is done after 1st appt. IMO, your chances are pretty high of winning if u intend to sue. But the proceedings will take time. Never mind the lawyers' fee. Make sure the seller bear all cost of the proceedings. Check with your lawyer if this is possible if u win the case.

If the agent make unethical approach to help the seller, u can sue him for not acting in good faith also.

If HDB can validate your claim, write to ST forum and tell your story. Make sure DWG execute the transaction for you FOC. :)

I beg to differ.

After the 1st apptment, the deal is NOT done. What has been signed on the 1st apptment?

If the seller back out before 2nd apptment, the buyer can sue him. But what will he get?

At most, he can sue that he backed out of the OTP, etc. So, seller might want to compensate some $$ to buyer for all the inconveniences he caused. That's all.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

just to up date.

-seller MIA since last week,when we got the letter from HDB said that they cancelled the application.

-called HDB,claimed that any party have the rites to cancel,with or without the other party consent...they dun heck care

-called seller agent,same answer : not able to track coz not answering calls...pls seek legal advise.

-lodged police report,not consider as criminal..do not understand this,ppl running away with money still not a crime!

-went to sub court (small claim) ,cant file a case coz oni can claim goods & services..waste time

-went to see lawyer,a very gd lawyer but bc lawyer ...

-lost 5k deposit + 260 val report + 4k cancel bank loan + 400 cancel caveat + lawyer fee duno hw much

no cash no home .GET NOTHING

Seller agent frm HSR

what about lodging a caveat of $5k to the house, so that when the house is sold, you will also have a claim to that house ?

just to up date.

-seller MIA since last week,when we got the letter from HDB said that they cancelled the application.

-called HDB,claimed that any party have the rites to cancel,with or without the other party consent...they dun heck care

-called seller agent,same answer : not able to track coz not answering calls...pls seek legal advise.

-lodged police report,not consider as criminal..do not understand this,ppl running away with money still not a crime!

-went to sub court (small claim) ,cant file a case coz oni can claim goods & services..waste time

-lost 5k deposit + 260 val report + 4k cancel bank loan + 400 cancel caveat + lawyer fee duno hw much

Seller agent frm HSR

Bank's appointed lawyer received letter from seller,they wanted to cancel the caveat & claimed that they signed a blank OTP & never wanted to sell their unit...

WTF..like tat also can! blank OTP can exercised ?? blank OTP then they shouldnt have take the deposit ! blank OTP please return my money & please show face when we infront of his house by knocking on the door for almost half an hour & we confirmed that they are in side the house!!!

Justice justice where are you??!!

what about lodging a caveat of $5k to the house, so that when the house is sold, you will also have a claim to that house ?

Bank's appointed lawyer received letter from seller,they wanted to cancel the caveat & claimed that they signed a blank OTP & never wanted to sell their unit...

WTF..like tat also can! blank OTP can exercised ?? blank OTP then they shouldnt have take the deposit ! blank OTP please return my money & please show face when we infront of his house by knocking on the door for almost half an hour & we confirmed that they are in side the house!!!

Such horrible people! You should list their block number and unit number here. I wonder how many potential buyers' 5K deposits have they cheated!

They should at least returned your hard-earned 5K to you.

Edited by forgotten

Such horrible people! You should list their block number and unit number here. I wonder how many potential buyers' 5K deposits have they cheated!

They should at least returned your hard-earned 5K to you.

DEAR ALL,PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS UNIT, owners are Malay couple.

BLK 412A FERNVALE LINK #03-17

This is all very bad and discouraging....

1. you do not have a copy of the OTP?...if have, wouldn't that be a proof of accepting the OTP

2. Seller agent would have the copy of OTP, maybe talk to agent or his/her agency on whether it is really a blank OTP. If it is a blank OTP, seller agent would have to bear some responsibility...

Justice justice where are you?? !!

If I were you, I would force open the door, in front of the police!

Edited by bepgof

Sorry guys, i'm new in resale application. I am concerned. No receipt given upon payment of deposit? As mentioned above:

Before the first appointment

Either buyer OR seller may submit a written request to HDB to cancel the registered resale application

Whats the consumers right does the buyer has? I'm concerned as i m gonna find a resale soon.

Sorry guys, i'm new in resale application. I am concerned. No receipt given upon payment of deposit? As mentioned above:

Before the first appointment

Either buyer OR seller may submit a written request to HDB to cancel the registered resale application

Whats the consumers right does the buyer has? I'm concerned as i m gonna find a resale soon.

No receipt was given.

When place the 1k for OTP, make sure

1. Issue by CHQ. Written down 1k deposit for OTP. For Blk XXX #XX-XXX .....

2. infront of the seller and the agent. Ensure the OTP has stated the CHQ # that you had presented to them.

just to up date.

Seller agent frm HSR

Have you tried going to CASE?

Have you tried going to CASE?

Worst still, musr pay $25 to register as member first.............

Edited by bepgof

DEAR ALL,PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS UNIT, owners are Malay couple.

BLK 412A FERNVALE LINK #03-17

I don't see what makes it so complicated to get back the money, as long as you have proof he took yr 5K, but failed to deliver what is supposed to be delivered. You're in S'pore.

The question is to what extent you wish the DAMAGE to be done to the malay couple. The silly couple is so igorance to realise that they are living in Singapore.

Edited by bepgof

Current OTP has no protection for buyers at all!!

I would like to share a similar experience.

I signed an OTP to buy a 4-room 20 year old flat at Pasir Ris 4XX. The seller did not submit OTP until 30 days later, and repeatedly delay delivery date. He knows I am pressed by time and would like to complete as soon as possbile. When I refused to give in his request to further delay the first appointment, he staged a no show at the 1st appointment. A whole 3 months was wasted, causing big financial loss and emotional stress on my side! I was so angry! HDB said they can't do anything and we have to go to a lawyer to settle this. Lawyer said no point to waste money to pursue $5000 (and it is difficult to sue more for emotional and other financial loss) , as you end up paying perhaps more lawyer's fee! (he said you can only get $3 out of the $10 lawyer's fee back from seller, at the best!)

I was thinking my head off on how to at least get the money back, eg. write to his company, go to his house...Luckily he eventually returned the deposit.

The standard OTP has no protection whatsoever for the buyer. Unless in some other countries (like China), the seller has to return double the deposit if he cancels the deal. This is fair. If buyer backs out, he loses $5000; if seller backs out, he equally has to lose $5000. HDB must revise the standard OTP!

CEA should also draw a blacklist of sellers who have done this to protect both potential buyers and its agents.