Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
samgalz

Our Dream Home~

This is something which I had promised nguandi before... a pic of my cutlery drawer which shows how edmund is able to make this space under the hob useful...

IMG_04901.jpg

the internal of the drawer, hob not installed yet...

IMG_04911.jpg

when being pulled out.

so all in all, nguandi if u are reading this post, u can c how little space i hv left for my precious knives....so no chance with the IKEA tray unless I go measure and change to the wooden IKEA organiser with knife tray....let's see how, i still thinking of the knife block...but am hoping to keep all in drawer...neater.....

haiz....fussy and fickle minded..that's me..... :(

Edited by samgalz

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
so all in all, nguandi if u are reading this post, u can c how little space i hv left for my precious knives....so no chance with the IKEA tray unless I go measure and change to the wooden IKEA organiser with knife tray....let's see how, i still thinking of the knife block...but am hoping to keep all in drawer...neater.....
hmm, wondering, cannot DIY with a wooden block and cut slits for knives?

haha matashi, i din c FSM. da ji da li hao ri zi is by checking the almac myself. basic good day can liao.

latest update after i consult my MIL, likely to be either 20 July, 24 July, 28 July or 1 August...depending on which day Edmund HO to me...

wah means quite a few of us moving on 24 July :D

gals_mama, if we both move 24 July, maybe I will get to c u bah...wahaha

me too, planned to be on 24 july. waz timing you guys intend to break open ?

haiz....fussy and fickle minded..that's me..... :(

Wow ... totally no space.

I think you shoudl ask Edmund to custom-made for you a knife tray. Should be quite cheap <$50 and you get the exact size for all your knives (add scissor and some other stuff also)

try DIY the knife rack? i would be doing something similar to this later. :)

looks easy! :P surely worth trying!

2010_06_29-KnifeDrawer01_rect540.jpg

source: http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/cutlery...der-tips-120820

it does looks easy but lazy me would not get down to this....hahaha...busy hubby wun hv time for this....hahaha all the excuses hor? :P

I'll c how. it's not the most urgent thing on my mind rite now. cos my contractor jus sms me saying electrician found a major problem with the household shelter's electrical :(

Hi Sam

remembered you asking about the water filter system some time back? So did you finally get one? saw hyflux one selling around $500 plus - thinking thinking ..

I'll c how. it's not the most urgent thing on my mind rite now. cos my contractor jus sms me saying electrician found a major problem with the household shelter's electrical :(
how's the problem? solved??

Hi Sam

remembered you asking about the water filter system some time back? So did you finally get one? saw hyflux one selling around $500 plus - thinking thinking ..

nah...hubby say wait. i saw one from another company "clearsui" i think. there was one abt $900+. $500+ from hyflux....is it countertop? I'm looking at undercounter ones. they are more ex. the buyer for my old place bought hyflux undercounter ones, $2000 wor.... :o

nah...hubby say wait. i saw one from another company "clearsui" i think. there was one abt $900+. $500+ from hyflux....is it countertop? I'm looking at undercounter ones. they are more ex. the buyer for my old place bought hyflux undercounter ones, $2000 wor.... :o
is it the diamond water kind? i have a countertop one. my mum passed it to me. very bulky!!

last nite, went A lightings to let them check on 2 lights which my electrician said was faulty...end up it was cos uncle electrician did not push the bulb in enough.... :( told Edmund and he was very sorry that we had to run the trip for nothing. but ok lah since i had to get the T5 lights anyway and we learnt what to expect in future when we change the bulb ourselves. hahaha

on the way to my new home to put the lights, Edmund sms me " Are you going up tonite? I've a surprise for you."

It got us very excited and we started guessing what could the surprise be....when we reached, we were very surprise to see the door open and the lights on...what greeted us when we walked in was...........................

IMG_04991.jpg

:D

last nite, went A lightings to let them check on 2 lights which my electrician said was faulty...end up it was cos uncle electrician did not push the bulb in enough.... :( told Edmund and he was very sorry that we had to run the trip for nothing. but ok lah since i had to get the T5 lights anyway and we learnt what to expect in future when we change the bulb ourselves. hahaha

on the way to my new home to put the lights, Edmund sms me " Are you going up tonite? I've a surprise for you."

It got us very excited and we started guessing what could the surprise be....when we reached, we were very surprise to see the door open and the lights on...what greeted us when we walked in was...........................

IMG_04991.jpg

:D

so nice!!!! cant wait to see your house completely done up!! =)

thanks! it was really a big surprise cos i was expecting the granite top to take like 2 weeks? so glass backsplash would be measured this couple of days and Edmund says give it a 2 weeks to manufacture....let's see if i get another surprise soon... hahaha :P

lIMG_04991.jpg

@samgalz: i like your wood patten laminates! i've always been a sucker for wood-pattern laminates that give the warm & timeless look :good: