Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vermyapre

Electrical work cost??

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
why do you want to rewiring the whole place?

believe the integrity of the wires should be still intact :curse:

so u suggest i just shift or add points instead? I'm quite new to this. Just worry abt 6-7yrs without using.. The cables might corrode? haha.. If only need to add and shift point I will be saving lotsa money! :notti:

Actually, I think SCV point is one of the most rip off charges... a splitter does cost much. The base cost + PVC should be around $10.

I just did one for my room. Got a drill set from Carefour and some PVC from Homefix, and viola...SCV point :bangwall:

No it doesn't. Take for example, you need to install PLC lights, not including the Lbox, you need to pay $25+$8 = $33

this the norm ley. i roughly paid for this also....

my contractor quoted me $30 (lighting pt) + $8 (installation fee) meaning $38 per light point with installation.

Is it too ex?

That's cheaper than my quote.

New lighting pt $35 + installation $10 = $45

Plus

New power pt for aircon compressor = $120

What is this for? I thot all HDB standard got powerpoint for aircon.

My total electrical is $1800. I think it's too expensive. Can anyone please recommend cheaper electrician.

Generally can find (lighting pt + installation) around $30-40. Yes $45 seems a bit expensive (for non-ID's electrician) unless recently all price increase due to components.

Power point for the air-cond compressor is for the compressor (exterior) and usually leave it switched "on" all the time and usually place inside the house. Are you re-wiring the whole place and if not is there originally an aircond point there in the first place?

That's cheaper than my quote.

New lighting pt $35 + installation $10 = $45

Plus

New power pt for aircon compressor = $120

What is this for? I thot all HDB standard got powerpoint for aircon.

My total electrical is $1800. I think it's too expensive. Can anyone please recommend cheaper electrician.

Edited by lifestyle

Hi anyone has any cheap and good electrician to introduce? My ID introduce me an electrician and the quote he gave me is **** ridiculous!! Never rewire at all only shift a few points and add some new ones quote me nearly 3k! ****:wub: So angry when I saw the quote. Treating me like an idiot!! I think paying $36 for 1 downlight is ridiculous! Imagine I have close to 30 downlight in my design and still I have to purchase the downlights.. end of the day I am paying like 50-60 for 1 downlight which I feel is too much.

Edited by renoGirl

Hi anyone has any cheap and good electrician to introduce? My ID introduce me an electrician and the quote he gave me is **** ridiculous!! Never rewire at all only shift a few points and add some new ones quote me nearly 3k! ****:wub: So angry when I saw the quote. Treating me like an idiot!! I think paying $36 for 1 downlight is ridiculous! Imagine I have close to 30 downlight in my design and still I have to purchase the downlights.. end of the day I am paying like 50-60 for 1 downlight which I feel is too much.

30 downlights??? :wub:

my electrician comes together with my contractor....dont think they got time cos biz too good.

hobee

30 downlights??? :good:

my electrician comes together with my contractor....dont think they got time cos biz too good.

hobee

ya close to 30 downlights.. =/ but my living area + dining + balcony + study + WIW all having false ceiling. Haven't even start reno yet. My ID keep say HDB haben release hacking permit.. and now electrical works haben settle. Stress! :yamseng:

ya close to 30 downlights.. =/ but my living area + dining + balcony + study + WIW all having false ceiling. Haven't even start reno yet. My ID keep say HDB haben release hacking permit.. and now electrical works haben settle. Stress! :good:

i remember my contractor took less than 3 days for the permit.

30 downlights....have you thought of the PUB bill? now it's your house you pay liao :yamseng: unlike before, it's our parents who pays it, can heckcare TV switch on or off.

i remember my contractor took less than 3 days for the permit.

30 downlights....have you thought of the PUB bill? now it's your house you pay liao :lol: unlike before, it's our parents who pays it, can heckcare TV switch on or off.

Ya.. I haf allocate 4 downlights to 1 switch.. so dun haf to on all at the same time. No choice.. my hubby wants. He is worried that the living room not bright enough cos living area quite big.

As for bill, previously he also paying for everything liao. Not so fortunate as both his parents not working at all although they are still quite young. And my in-laws also will be staying with us. But who am I to tell them what to do. So just keep quiet lor. As long as dont find fault with me can liao. haha :(

Just want to share my current experience with engaging electricians. Prices of copper have apparently risen over the past 3 weeks, and hence prices have gone up. But this does not mean that you can be bullied into exortibant prices by your main con/designer or independent electrician.

I was orginally quoted $90 for single power point and $110 for double power point. The entire quotation was close to $15K (:drunk:!:(!) I compiled all the prices from the recent 6 months from here, and went back to re-negotiate with the electrician.

Although I settled for $60 for single, and $70 for double, I know that I could have been able to get cheaper like $50 for single, and $60 for double. These prices are for concealed wiring, and for a landed property. HDB prices should be even cheaper.

I hated the fact that there is dishonesty and lack of ethics in the original prices I was quoted. What were these people thinking? That we are idiots and can be taken for a ride? I cannot help but think that the ever so friendly main con whom my family have been using for the past 5 years over several properties, might be in cahoot, to quote me those horrible, original prices.

Tip for new homeowners - get your electrician quotes early in the game, so you can get your competitive quotes, without having to dance around your main con/designer and electrician.

And who is this Eric by the way? Do you all know which company he is from, and if he runs a legitimate business? He seemed to have freaked when I asked him for his company's name.

Edited by Chunky Monkey

Wow 15k! Thats really a lot! 15k in fact can be someone's whole reno cost. I do agree with u. A lot of Electricians tries to rip u off with the 1st quote. Some people don't bargain, so from there, those electricians earn more. I think they also trying their luck when they quote. Pray hard those home owners are more of the "chin cai" type, so can let them chop!

And I am still waiting for my electrical quote. The 1st time round, I got mad reading the quotes as its really expensive! Even called up my ID and :( him.. If the next quote still not within my acceptable range, I gonna look for electricians myself instead of depending on the ID again.

Anyway gd luck in ur reno chunky! :drunk: