Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vermyapre

Electrical work cost??

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Jasmine,

Thanks for your recommendation. Can i ask what do you mean by rewiring for your unit? Do you mean you relocated all your existing powerpoints to new places?

Thanks

Regards

Hi 488A, i guess rewiring mean they will not use the existing cables and will lay new cable for the whole house.

Hi all,

Does anyone knows if Sebastien's company has any website which we can look at? Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sebastian's company got no website

Hi 488A, i guess rewiring mean they will not use the existing cables and will lay new cable for the whole house.

Sebastian's company got no website

Hi Jasmine,

Thanks for the info.

Would you mind sharing with me how much it cost to rewire ur unit and if your unit is a new BTO flat or a resale unit? Thanks so much in advance.

Just wondering if I should rewire my existing cables as my resale unit is in quite good condition (I hope). Thanks!

Regards

Hi Jasmine,

Thanks for the info.

Would you mind sharing with me how much it cost to rewire ur unit and if your unit is a new BTO flat or a resale unit? Thanks so much in advance.

Just wondering if I should rewire my existing cables as my resale unit is in quite good condition (I hope). Thanks!

Regards

Our unit is 30 years old already, so would like to have it rewired just to play safe, because i guess the most important thing when safety is concern, electrical and gas pipes is the ones. We had it rewired for $3200.

Our unit is 30 years old already, so would like to have it rewired just to play safe, because i guess the most important thing when safety is concern, electrical and gas pipes is the ones. We had it rewired for $3200.

Hi Jasmine,

Thanks for all the info. Really helped me a lot. Maybe i will just ask an electrician to do a check. =)

Thanks!

Regards

Guess Sebastian is very famous here!

I have drop down his number 8349 2862 for quotes.

Hope he is able to give a fair market deal~ :)

Is it a must to have 4x CAT5 cables install in each room?

Since OpenNet is providing Wireless router do you guys still require CAT5?

Does the CAT5 lay inside the wall? or just lay beside the wall?

Thanks

hi terence, with wireless router, it should be sufficient, if you still need the wired connection, perhaps consider homeplugs instead. Unless you really need super smoother continuous connection, then go for CAT5 LAN point.

All cabling in HDB has to be exposed. If you stay condo or landed can be concealed.

Hi arowana,

Yup i know about the homeplugs too but it doesn't come cheap tho'

Since Cat5 point charge: $90, SCV $60 well i think to expose all the trunking over the wall is kind of messy.

Do they provide the cat5 switches as well? i reckon $90 is slightly exp.....

I was thinking having OpenNet TP --> Wireless N router (Wifi) --> Connect Cat5 to 3 rooms/ 1MBR only. guess this will save some $

A few questions in mind:

1) How do i know my DB box able to handle so many 13A loads? The electrician will advise on this basis right?

2) Do i need to change DB box if the house is only 13yrs old?

Thanks

Edited by Terencetcw

Bestlink Electrical Enterprise

Electrical CONCEAL works in PVC pipes & flexibles:

Exclude make good of wall surface due to electrical works.

Description Qty Unit Sub-Total

1 Lighting point 74 $60.00 $4,440.00

2 13A X 1 SSO 10 $90.00 $900.00

3 13A X 2 SSO 13 $95.00 $1,235.00

4 SCV point 5 $150.00 $750.00

5 32A Isolator point for air con 2 $320.00 $640.00

6 Install lights 73 $8.00 $584.00

7 2 way switch control 1 $90.00 $90.00

8 20A Heater point for water heater 2 $180.00 $360.00

9 20A Heater point for microwave & oven 1 $180.00 $180.00

10 20A Heater point for hood & hob 1 $180.00 $180.00

11 To relocate existing incoming cables for Distribution Board 1 $300.00 $300.00

12 Single Phase 63A Distribution Board c/w 3 ELCBs & MCBs 1 $800.00 $800.00

TOTAL $10,459.00

Payment terms: 40% First payment upon confirmation

40% Second payment on wiring lay completed

20% final payment on all electrical works done ( 30 Days Credit )

Note: Any additional works done will be charged accordingly.

Prices quoted applied to work carried out on Monday to Saturday ( 9AM to 6PM )

Quotation applied valid for 2 weeks start as above dated only.

No provision of all submission, PE endorsement and application to any authority and/private sectors.

We shall not liable to the above charges incurred if any.

Bestlink Electrical Enterprise

Bloody ripped off. Didn't even think I had 73 lights!

Edited by nat0206

My ID did not give me the breakdown of the electrical cost for my condo. All concealed and include make good with plastering.

1. Supply labour to install 1 lighting point at bedroom 1 (this is a new point in addition to the existing lighting point)

2. Supply labour to install 1 double power point **** room (new power points 2 nos required in living room)

3. Shifting 1 double power point at bedroom 1 (need to shift this because the wardrobe will be built where the existing points are.

4. Shifting 1 lighting power point at master bedroom (the existing power point will be box up because it's under a beam)

5. Shifting 1 lighting point at bedroom 2 (ceiling light point is next to beam, need to shift so that can install ceiling fan w light kit)

6. Shifting 1 oven point at kitchen (changing the position of the built-in oven from under the hod to table level at opp wall)

7. Supply labour to install 3 ceiling fans

8. Supply labour to install 6 downlights

9. Supply labour to install 4 ceiling lights

Total $1400. Is it reasonable? I thought it's a bit expensive but he did not provide the breakdown so I also don't know how to compare. When i ask from him, he said that if he itemised it, will be even worst. Appeciate some views. Thanks.

Hi Snake,

I reckon it should be itemized out so you can compare on renotalk and get some feedback for some quotes..

then u could challenge your ID and say is way too exp ..

see possible to sub-out the job for individual electrician..if is too exp.

Hi Snake,

I reckon it should be itemized out so you can compare on renotalk and get some feedback for some quotes..

then u could challenge your ID and say is way too exp ..

see possible to sub-out the job for individual electrician..if is too exp.

Thanks Terence.

I have contacted another electrician to go to my place for a quotation, if that cost is cheaper, I am going to ask my ID to use him. Of course, I am going to drop a note to inform my ID that I am getting someone to quote since he is not willing to itemise the items.

One thing that I learn is not to make things too difficult for the ID because I don't want them to sabotage my renovation.

Hi all,

I would just like to ask how the external electrician actually work together with your ID, especially if I need to do things like embedding wires into the floor for the island powerpoint, and concealing the wiring inside newly erected walls.

Wouldn't the electrician then need to be there when they actually build the walls and tile the floors? Or is this something he can do within a few days on his own? Just a little confused..hope someone can help!

Thanks!

Edited by Tanhc

Does this quote sounds reasonable?

13amp = $65

Lighting point = $45

Installation = $10

Tel point = $45

SCV = $105

Cos mine is a new BTO flat, he didnt quote me for heater, aircon, doorbell, cooker & hood points, cos he say that its there alr.

TIA!