Sign in to follow this  
vermyapre

Electrical work cost??

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 9:26 AM, user123 said:

Just to share,

completed my 4-room resale, fully re-wired whole unit,

I got:-

35 lighting point, 3 ceiling fan installation, 20 lights installation, 21 double power point, 6 2-way light switch, 1 Starhub point, 6 single power point, 2 heater point, 1 aircon point, 1 hob point, 1 DB box.

All for less close to $4k.

job done properly and was recommended to me by someone in another forum.

No SP testing required for job done in my unit.

PM me if you need more info

Can pm me your electrican's contact pls?

On 02/23/2016 at 11:48 PM, Zio said:

Hi guys,

My renovation is 98% done. 

I am fully satisfied with my electrician. He is a flexible guy (in terms of price) and also in attitude. A very easy to talked to guy.

I bought ALL my lightings from TaoBao and some came in batches, my ceiling fans were from Tampoi in JB. He is OK to install bit by bit for me, example my first batch of lights came first, he sent his worker nearby to install just that batch for me, and he told me when next batch of lighting come, he send his worker come to install again. This is how flexible he is. 

He doesn't even collect a single cent from me until my job is FULLY done. (You go around see which electrician will do that. Haha)

For those of you who want his contact, please PM me with your Name and Contact Number.

I will link you both up. :D

Just for reference his pricing (per point):

These prices are just for reference, trust me, can go lower :lol:

• New Lighting point: $32
  • Single Point: $45
  • Double Point: $55
  • Install Lights: $10
  • Install ceiling fan: $50

Disclaimer first:

I understand that many people in RenoTalk is afraid of self-promoting scams. 

Due to the fact that there are too many self-promoting contractors, etc, I must say I am not a clone account nor this recommended electrician's self promoting. I am just a satisfied customer and I think I should share around the good work and helping anyone who is looking for a trust worthy electrician.

Just see my past posts and joined date can verify my profile already :D

Can I get the contact please? - tquah21@gmail.com thanks in advance!

Hello, may I ask if anyone has an idea how much is the avg cost to change out all the switches and 3 pin socket in the house? I was quoted $6.50 labour cost per switch by my ID and wonder if this is considered costly. $6.50 doesn't include the component as I plan to buy the switches myself.

hi, i just got the quote from my id recommended electrician, while he is indeed expensive, (e.g $70 for single pp. $80 for double pp, $130 for SCV point) we thought he seemed reliable and should be ok.. but i realized he is charging me $100 each for hob point and hood point? i am  not sure what this is.. or if its even necessary? mine is a resale, am not relocating the original hood and hob location. Any advice is appreciated. thanks! 

On 9/8/2017 at 8:48 AM, Charieis said:

Hello, may I ask if anyone has an idea how much is the avg cost to change out all the switches and 3 pin socket in the house? I was quoted $6.50 labour cost per switch by my ID and wonder if this is considered costly. $6.50 doesn't include the component as I plan to buy the switches myself.

the electrician my id recommended to me also about the same.. wants to charge me $6 labor per switch. which i find to be quite expensive?? wanted to buy all my switches from taobao but now not sure if its worth it with the labor cost..

On 23/02/2016 at 11:48 PM, Zio said:

Hi guys,

I am fully satisfied with my electrician. He is a flexible guy (in terms of price) and also in attitude. A very easy to talked to guy.

I bought ALL my lightings from TaoBao and some came in batches, my ceiling fans were from Tampoi in JB. He is OK to install bit by bit for me, example my first batch of lights came first, he sent his worker nearby to install just that batch for me, and he told me when next batch of lighting come, he send his worker come to install again. This is how flexible he is. 

He doesn't even collect a single cent from me until my job is FULLY done. (You go around see which electrician will do that. Haha)

For those of you who want his contact, please PM me with your Name and Contact Number.

Disclaimer first:

Due to the fact that there are too many self-promoting contractors, etc, I must say I am not a clone account nor this recommended electrician's self promoting. I am just a satisfied customer and I think I should share around the good work and helping anyone who is looking for a trust worthy electrician.

Hi can PM me the electrician contact details @ anniboon81@hotmail.com? Thanks!

Hi all, 

Just to share my Electrical and plumbing contractor,  Gerald that have done for my house in June. My Friend recommended him to me based on his pricing is reasonable and workmanship is good. Transparent pricing is his company forte! Can check out at here 

Edited by Verlyn Giam

On 2/23/2016 at 11:48 PM, Zio said:

Hi guys,

Disclaimer first:

hi can i have your electrician contact? many thanks

On 2/23/2016 at 11:48 PM, Zio said:

Hi guys,

Disclaimer first:

Hi Zio

Can i have his contact?

like to get some opinion on electrical works pricing

i am being quoted $30 per light.
i have 30 lights in total $900

also, he is charging me $50 per light switch.
i have 5 in my house hence another $250
per conceal powerpoint $50 regardless x2 or single.
total 9 so $450

i am confused with his pricing as other electrician charge $12 per light fitting and $40 per lighting point. mine say he does not charge for lighting point.

he also charging me $500 for coves light. should be around 7 to 8 pieces (t5).
he mentioned that the hacking/plastering for the lighting point is very long around 7m hence the price.

am i being robert over here?