Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
khengjoo

Quick-step Laminate Flooring

Saw this brand at s'pore expo today. Apparently a leading brand worldwide according to sources from the internet.

And check this out: www.uniclic.com

It seems nearly all the wellknown brands tried to copy them. They must be very good :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I ordered from them already, did you if you did what price you got?

Oh did you? Good choice I think.

Me :) I'm thinking of applying for a job with them, hehe

ok good luck seen to have a bunch of very enthu employee but dun know management good or just plain aggressive sales.

Guys, get a life. Stop plumbling for the brands. As stated by you, go get a paying job with the brands. Manufacturers who supply goods not conforming to industry standards will not last long in the business. A reminder to all purchasers, you get what you pay for. Ask for test results (third party) that match the sellers claims.

That is the minimum that you owe yourself.

hi, are the any contacts for the quick-step laminate? if you have, please PM me. thanks

hi, this is the website: www.quick-step.com

you should be able to locate their local distributor there, cheers

Apparently they are new here, but there is this link of a third-party report that is pretty recent on the top laminate brands in N America:

http://www.columbiaflooring.com/documents/..._18_25_2009.pdf

They are not new, just not marketed aggressively thats all, I'm got my QUICK-STEP UNICLIC flooring 7 yrs ago, still looks good now, no warps,no dings, no damages, even after many occasions of spills. Their main sell back then was they were they only laminate that had a patented glueless click design, which was true. Even Pergo didn't have it back then & back then it was 10 years warranty, which means I'm still covered for another 3 yrs :lol: Now almost all laminates got "click" system. I think the brand is QUICK-STEP & the technology is UNICLIC,Power Deko also has an agreement with UNICLIC to incorporate their patent in its designs.

How much is it going for now? I got it for $5.20 psf & that was their expo price back in 2003, PORZIA was the name of the company. I don't even know if the company is still around - which is another important thing to consider, what's the point if the warranty is 20yrs when the company folds in 5 right? Not like the warranty is transferable :lol: food for thought!

On a lighter note, for a really good laminate product their name really sucks "QUICK-STEP UNICLIC" so unglam! - sounds like a ladder brand! I guess that explains the under the radar marketing but don't let that fool you, its pretty robust & I got no complaints so far...

Edited by titanax

On a lighter note, for a really good laminate product their name really sucks "QUICK-STEP UNICLIC" so unglam! - sounds like a ladder brand! I guess that explains the under the radar marketing but don't let that fool you, its pretty robust & I got no complaints so far...

hahaha, me think so too! There is a german term zeitgeist, that translated to "the spirit of the time", and I guess at that time the name Quick-Step may seem appropriate as they were the one who change the way laminate flooring were installed: that is glued down or nailed down, to the floating floors today. That really 'quicken' the installation process, and allows you to 'step' on the floor immediately.

Laminate floors are design to be install on a 'floating floor basis' and were never nailed or meant to be glued down except for staircase and very small landing installations. Being human, we have very often change the prescribe method to serve our own selfish needs instead of giving customers the professional installation that was required.

If one is to walk into a room, besides the walls, the floor is the next space that commands our attention. So one should look for a floor that speaks of one taste and style. Purchase of a big ticket item deserves more care and attention from us as consumers.

i also will be using quick-step as well. Look at the gradient, test result, feedback. They don't do heavy advertisement which I feel it translated the price saving to the consumer. Also another considering factor is they have 2meter board which can further enhance the look of the living room.

i also will be using quick-step as well. Look at the gradient, test result, feedback. They don't do heavy advertisement which I feel it translated the price saving to the consumer. Also another considering factor is they have 2meter board which can further enhance the look of the living room.

i also agree quick step have some very nice designer series =)

but price wise can hit over 7 sgd / sq feet i suppose