Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
khengjoo

Quick-step Laminate Flooring

Dear All,

I am interested in using quick-step for my new home.

But I think installation workmanship and after sales service is also very important.

Hope that those who have tried quick-step post their comment here .

Thanks in advance.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Dear All,

I am interested in using quick-step for my new home.

But I think installation workmanship and after sales service is also very important.

Hope that those who have tried quick-step post their comment here .

Thanks in advance.

currently asro also dealing with quick step.. gosh.. still considering going for vinyl or laminated flooringz...

go for laminate flooring its better.

if you guys want to use my sale guys from quick-step singapore, drop me a pm lor he's pretty good so far... i haven't sign with him yet as im still waiting for my 1st appt sianz

Dear All,

I came across this brand of laminated flooring - Parador

http://www.parador.de/en.html

And I am quite impress with their ProAIR system.

http://www.parador.de/en/magazine/know-how...R-system-1.html

Can I check with you guy have you ever considered this brand before deciding on Quick_Step ?

Thanks in advance.

Cool! an air purifying floor :D

Maybe you could put up another thread about this brand that may not have the look of a real wood floor, but make-up by doubling as a ionizer, or post it in the home appliance section ;)

Edited by khengjoo

Based on what I have read in quick-step website, for the caring of floor, there is a special care

for the flooring. And also I was given the impression that we are not permitted to clean with water.

Have to clean with special solution and micro-fiber mob ...

My previous experience with other laminated flooring does not seem to have to such strict requirement

- just mop with water can liao.

Refer to the info here :

http://www.quick-step.com/others/oth/en/faq/0004.aspx

Can anyone clarify on this ?

Thanks in advance

Heya,

As my hubby Titanax mentioned, we've been using Quickstep for 7 years. We've always mopped with just water, and a little bit of Dettol. Obviously you can't flood laminate flooring, so we use damp mop only, with the 3M terry-cloth material mop. Also, all spills must be wiped up immediately. So far no problems at all.

The flooring has survived THREE PETs - 1 dog, 2 cats. No problems even with the occasional pet 'toilet training' accident. ;) Back then, we chose laminate flooring precisely because it's so scratch resistant (those who have pets will know what we mean!). We also have office chairs with rollers, and they don't leave any marks at all.

All in all, we are really happy with our Quickstep flooring. :D It gives the nice cosy feeling of wooden flooring, without the problems of scratches, is so easy to maintain and still looks so good. In fact, we are going with Quickstep again for our new place - we like it THAT much. They have a new range of super long boards (2m) which will give a very elegant and classy feel to a room, especially if you have a big space where you can show off the long boards. It's called the Largo range. It costs a bit more, but we think it'll be well worth it. The sales manager who is dealing with us is very friendly and helpful. PM me if you want his contact. :good:

Heya,

As my hubby Titanax mentioned, we've been using Quickstep for 7 years. We've always mopped with just water, and a little bit of Dettol. Obviously you can't flood laminate flooring, so we use damp mop only, with the 3M terry-cloth material mop. Also, all spills must be wiped up immediately. So far no problems at all.

The flooring has survived THREE PETs - 1 dog, 2 cats. No problems even with the occasional pet 'toilet training' accident. ;) Back then, we chose laminate flooring precisely because it's so scratch resistant (those who have pets will know what we mean!). We also have office chairs with rollers, and they don't leave any marks at all.

All in all, we are really happy with our Quickstep flooring. :D It gives the nice cosy feeling of wooden flooring, without the problems of scratches, is so easy to maintain and still looks so good. In fact, we are going with Quickstep again for our new place - we like it THAT much. They have a new range of super long boards (2m) which will give a very elegant and classy feel to a room, especially if you have a big space where you can show off the long boards. It's called the Largo range. It costs a bit more, but we think it'll be well worth it. The sales manager who is dealing with us is very friendly and helpful. PM me if you want his contact. :good:

As for Largo range, they've just imported 5 models only. Choice maybe limited but if u like the design, it'll be well worth it.

Edited by jaskel

As for Largo range, they've just imported 5 models only. Choice maybe limited but if u like the design, it'll be well worth it.

Yup, only limited colours now, but they are bringing in more colours in Jun/Jul. Actually found a colour we like already, but when the new colours come in will have a look-see :D

Heya,

You could appreciate this then

:D

You could appreciate this then

:D

LOL... thanks Kheng Joo! Had to watch it a few times.. hee hee. The golden at the end is cute too :)

LOL... thanks Kheng Joo! Had to watch it a few times.. hee hee. The golden at the end is cute too :)

YES! The balloon dog is my favourite among the lot, and also the part where the cute little girl was playing make-believe barbie dolls with sponges, and her friend just couldn't get it :bangwall:

Btw I like the Largo too, and am thinking of that for the planned make-over of my twelve years old flat at the end of the year. Either that, or if by then they brings in the other range Voque, which is really Wow!

But seriously, I think the quick-step stuff are a class above anything else I have seen here.

Edited by khengjoo

khengjoo, fully agreed with you. I'm looking forward to the installation which will only happen end of the year! sian

I'm having the largo series in my living room, eligna for my bedroom. i think 2m for bedroom is abit extreme as bedroom is smaller.

Largo got vgroove and eligna dont have. 2 design is better than standard lah

Balcony, i still thinking whether to put laminate or chennai wood.

Kheng Joo - oh yes, the one with the sponges is funny too, as is the one with the cutlery chained to the dining table. But yeah, the balloon dog one is the best!

The Vogue range looks pretty nice too, and is also 9.5mm thick, like the Largo. Pity they only have 6 colours for it though. Still, the attraction of Largo is length - 2.05m! :jawdrop:

Dr. Anarchy - we are in the same boat! Installation only towards the end of the year. Super Sian. Am already so impatient to see the flooring in the new home.

For your balcony, will it be exposed to rain? If yes, laminate would not be a good choice, unless you're looking at looking at the Lagune range which is suitable for bathrooms. Don't think this range is available here though. Safer to go with outdoor decking that can withstand bad weather.