Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
khengjoo

Quick-step Laminate Flooring

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Kheng Joo - check out this video! Hee hee

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/37264/slipper_socks/

Hilarious! nice one lachesis :D

Dr A and boatgal, lachesis is right that laminates are not suitable for balcony which are expose to wet weather. Better to stick with the regular outdoor decking stuff. Also on the subject of V-groove, I noticed that the 'wood grains' follow through the groove which is another remarkable feature of the Largo, unlike the cheaper stuff in the market. Personally, I don't care for 4-sided V-groove planks but it does look great on the super-size Largo.

Also on the subject of V-groove, I noticed that the 'wood grains' follow through the groove which is another remarkable feature of the Largo, unlike the cheaper stuff in the market. Personally, I don't care for 4-sided V-groove planks but it does look great on the super-size Largo.

Spot on! I couldn't have said that any better myself ;)

Also on the subject of V-groove, I noticed that the 'wood grains' follow through the groove which is another remarkable feature of the Largo, unlike the cheaper stuff in the market. Personally, I don't care for 4-sided V-groove planks but it does look great on the super-size Largo.

Hey Kheng Joo,

I hear you on the V-grooves. Was a bit concerned about them trapping dust, but this is a small issue - a quick vacuum will solve the problem. And you're right, it does look great on the super-size Largo, giving it a more special look. Plus, bigger boards = less grooves = less dust. LOL.

The Largo also has no pattern repeats on planks and has 60 different plank variations. Aiyah, we can talk about the great things about Largo till the cows come home. Heh heh heh.

My only gripe is that they are not bringing in the matching Largo skirting-boards. That would've been the icing on the cake.

When looking for the flooring for our new place, we knew we would go with laminate. However, we thought we'd give the other brands a chance. We actually went around to all their booths/showrooms/offices, including some of the well known European brands. Unfortunately, their designs were not impressive. Some of the prints look like our existing Quickstep flooring. Some also boast that they have AC4 or AC5 rating, but they are not EPLF partners. In the end, we still came back to Quickstep. They are an EPLF partner, and have an AC4 rating. The designs are more modern, and they are the first to carry extra long boards. Need I say more?? :good:

Edited by lachesis

Hey! Don't you think we deserve to be paid for all these promotion works for Quick-Step :D

I'm not fussy, 5% comm can liao :P

so many QS supporters here. Myself am as well. Its good to bring the knowledge and share with people who are looking at laminate floors. Only with knowledge, we can choose what we really want.

I'm going for largo and eligna series.

For balcony, most likely I will do tiles. Save the trouble in future.

Oh yah for those doing laminate floor for their HDB flat, don't cover all the way till the main door entrance else when those worker who washed the block bi-monthly will damage your laminate.

For balcony, most likely I will do tiles. Save the trouble in future.

Oh yah for those doing laminate floor for their HDB flat, don't cover all the way till the main door entrance else when those worker who washed the block bi-monthly will damage your laminate.

I tot for all door entrance including bath room & main door, they will waterproof these edges with silicon

preventing the water from leaking into the wood ?

If not then will have major problem.

BTW I am not able to find the The Vogue Range in quick step website. Is it same as Prespective Range ?

Edited by new_home_maker

BTW I am not able to find the The Vogue Range in quick step website. Is it same as Prespective Range ?

Hi there,

Nope, the Vogue range is not the same as the Perspective. Vogue is not available outside of Europe I think. You can find it on the European Quickstep sites. Only comes in 6 colours. The Perspective comes in >30 colours, just like the Eligna.

Edited by lachesis

They are bringing in vogue soon, I got this info from the sales guy.

I bet they should have the sample template. Going to meet my sales guy in 3 weeks time to place my deposit.

They are bringing in vogue soon, I got this info from the sales guy.

I bet they should have the sample template. Going to meet my sales guy in 3 weeks time to place my deposit.

Hey Dr. A,

They're bringing in the Vogue range? Wow, not bad. Guess they feel there is a market here.

Yup, remembered you said you'd sign after you 1st appt (in Jun). Have fun looking at the samples! :good:

The Vogue looks cool.

Anyone know which of the 6 are they bringing in ?

I am interested in

UVG1394 Oak White Passionata

or

UVG1390 Rustic Oak Light

or even

UVG1395 Oak Beige Passionata - Tough choice !

If they are same size as Largo even better ...

The Vogue looks cool.

Anyone know which of the 6 are they bringing in ?

I am interested in

UVG1394 Oak White Passionata

or

UVG1390 Rustic Oak Light

or even

UVG1395 Oak Beige Passionata - Tough choice !

If they are same size as Largo even better ...

You can check with Grupp Marketing who is the local dealer for QS. Contact details are on the website under "Info - Dealer > Singapore".

The VOGUE size is 1380 x 156 x 95. The LARGO is 2050 x 205 x 95.

None of the other models will be same size of the LARGO- that is its uniqueness. Just as the VOGUE is unique in its combination of matt & glossy variations.

Edited by titanax

i haven't see the vogue yet but i can't think of where to lay the vogue as the surface is rough. Got to see it myself first.

if only they bring in some of the designer choice.