Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
khengjoo

Quick-step Laminate Flooring

Hi all,

can anyone share with me what happens if water spills on it ???

I am considering using laminate flooring to my living room as well. But wondering if laminate is water resistant???

If got water spill on it, does it absorb the water ???

Thank you in advance!

Edited by hzleaf

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
i haven't see the vogue yet but i can't think of where to lay the vogue as the surface is rough. Got to see it myself first.

if only they bring in some of the designer choice.

Dr A, the tactile surface is what attracted me to the Voque :)

Hi all,

I am considering using laminate flooring to my living room as well. But wondering if laminate is water resistant???

Thank you in advance!

Hi, that's why there is this strong emphasis on the 'clic' joint for laminate flooring; to prevent surface water from seeping through from accidental spillage or wet mopping. The Quick-Step uniclic and Valinge's click patented joint systems are accepted as the universal standard by all the leading brands in laminate flooring.

Some manufacturers offer planks with 'wax' or some other form of coating on the joints to prevent water seepage, but these are not really effective over time, as the floor is going to be there for many years.

Another alternative which I do not see over here, is to use joint sealer such as ClickSeal or SealGuard, which offer a more permanent protection against surface water in area prompt to moisture such as kitchen, bathroom entrance, or near windows ( if you are one of those who tends not to close your windows, when leaving the house )

Note: Trust me, I am fairly knowledgeable on this subject, as I was in this industry many many years ago :D

Edited by khengjoo

Note: Trust me, I am fairly knowledgeable on this subject, as I was in this industry many many years ago :D

Wei..you QS salesman is it?? Weaving in with our recommendations ?? Then I must ask comm from u directly! :P

Hi all,

Thank you in advance!

Pour water on wood, you will get warping for sure - wood absorbs water. This is not rocket science. If you want a free test, go to Floor Options, they will give you a a free demo for Pergo & cheapo china-made laminates. Within 5min you can see the difference. QS, Pergo and other European brands of laminates have already met the these standards. The only difference is the level of tolerance to spills. I think even the European brand overnight spills will seep into the wood. It happened to us before, but it also dried out & over the week went back to the normal.

QS does not boast 100% water resistance, I don't know about other brands. Even if they did I would not believe because, that to me is rocket science! ;)

Hey Hzleaf,

In the long run it's still better to wipe up any spills almost straight away. If you do spill anything, you probably have maybe up to 10, 15 minutes before the water starts to seep, thanks to the clip joint that Khengjoo mentioned. This is why you never use a very wet mop for laminate flooring, only a damp one. Also, remember to close your windows when you leave the house ;)

If it DOES happen, don't panic. As Titanax said, it happened to us before but but it dried out & over the week went back to the normal. Just try not to do it too often :D

Hi all

I am quite keen to change my kitchen flooring. Would laminate be a good option? I saw that QS has a product called Lagune but read somewhere it's not available in SG?

Thanks

They have limited series in Singapore. Guess it is not economical to bring all in?

for kitchen it is best to leave it as tiles. Unless you rarely cook, then can do laminate ba.

Thks Doc for your input.

My reason for wanting to use laminate cos' I want to avoid hacking.

They have limited series in Singapore. Guess it is not economical to bring all in?

for kitchen it is best to leave it as tiles. Unless you rarely cook, then can do laminate ba.

I was told that the VOGUE series that will not come in as large quantity with ex-stock only

needs to indent.

Also the Vogue is much higher $/psf than Largo :-(

Can anyone clarify on this ?

Anyone interested in UVG1394 Oak White Passionata ?

I was told that the VOGUE series that will not come in as large quantity with ex-stock only

needs to indent.

Also the Vogue is much higher $/psf than Largo :-(

Can anyone clarify on this ?

Anyone interested in UVG1394 Oak White Passionata ?

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what is the price i should look at for QS - Eligna range?

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what is the price i should look at for QS - Eligna range?

$4.50psf - $5.20psf before gst

Edited by jaskel

Haven't got a chance to see vogue yet but as what one forumer said its too ex and price it more than largo as the quantity they bring in is too little or maybe just testing the market's response lor. I will not be very keen to see vogue as i know i will not get that, better dont see and tempt myself as its wayyyy overprice imo.

Largo is pretty good, the texture is nice to step on. Very hard to describe here as it is a "feel" sense. More info here http://www.quick-step.com/europe/uk/en/largo.aspx, made in Europe but not sure where, AC4 for both Eligna and Largo. Different is Largo is a v-groove board and is 2 meter board and more expensive haha :P

heartlandz, me too i did enquiry whether is it advisable to use laminate for kitchen, it isn't recommended as the difficult part is removing the oil stain. Unless you don't do heavy cooking, just maggie mee and pasta.

Edited by Dr.Anarchy