Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
khengjoo

Quick-step Laminate Flooring

Haven't got a chance to see vogue yet but as what one forumer said its too ex and price it more than largo as the quantity they bring in is too little or maybe just testing the market's response lor. I will not be very keen to see vogue as i know i will not get that, better dont see and tempt myself as its wayyyy overprice imo.

Haha....Vogue is not here yet & you are able to "stir interest" in a product nobody has seen before...Dr A, you have the making of a good Marketing / Biz Dev person :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

haha too bad im not. just an IT nerdie :P dont quote me hor im just a consumer :paint:

maybe im prejudice towards the big P as it is made in malaysia series is so expensive thats why im turning to another alternative lor

better dont say too much else others will start to think i earn commission liao haha

Edited by Dr.Anarchy

haha too bad im not. just an IT nerdie :P dont quote me hor im just a consumer :paint:

maybe im prejudice towards the big P as it is made in malaysia series is so expensive thats why im turning to another alternative lor

better dont say too much else others will start to think i earn commission liao haha

Hey Dr A,

Heh heh, think its perfectly okay for us consumers to share our experience with others. If we have a good experience with a product and really like it, of course we'll want to share. Think that's one of the best things about RT- can learn from one another so we don't have learn things the hard way! :yamseng:

Hey hey, only about 2 weeks to 1st appointment (yours and ours only 2 days apart)... counting down... :sport-smiley-004:

I face with **** load of problem with our housing grant now . Sigh working with the gov's officer sometime can vomit blood. i can't wait for our 1st appt as well! i should start my t-blog soon else u see me posting all over the place haha :P

I face with **** load of problem with our housing grant now . Sigh working with the gov's officer sometime can vomit blood. i can't wait for our 1st appt as well! i should start my t-blog soon else u see me posting all over the place haha :P

how come? i thought its quite straight forward unless you appeal?

Anyone here interested to install laminate flooring, supply by Inovar Flooring. i had deposited $500. Willing to let at $400. The deposit is transferable & no expiry date.

Package including:-

- Base on est 450 sqft (3 bedroom), can be upgrade or downgrade. No limitation.

1) No color limit, free simple design.

2) Coordinate with main contractor / ID

3) No more hidden cost.

4) Option to hack skirting for 3 bedroom $200. (Hack, clear & free plastering)

5) Trim wooden door if require as goodwill

6) Supply new skirting and trimming and reinstallation

7) Lifetime guarantee on material - stain, fading, surface wear, workmanship and termite resistance.

8) No expiry date.

9) Price will be based on actual site measurement.

10) Option to use 0% instalmant plan by using UOB credit card up to 12 mths.

11) Option to do rubber underlay @ $1.00 sq ft (est. $450)

Serve and handle by Sales Manager (Singapore branch). Quite impress and like by his service.

Due to my personal reason, not able to op for this laminate flooring.

Interested buyer, please pm or email to me @ typ126@yahoo.com

Edited by typ126

They are not new, just not marketed aggressively thats all, I'm got my QUICK-STEP UNICLIC flooring 7 yrs ago, still looks good now, no warps,no dings, no damages, even after many occasions of spills. Their main sell back then was they were they only laminate that had a patented glueless click design, which was true. Even Pergo didn't have it back then & back then it was 10 years warranty, which means I'm still covered for another 3 yrs :lol: Now almost all laminates got "click" system. I think the brand is QUICK-STEP & the technology is UNICLIC,Power Deko also has an agreement with UNICLIC to incorporate their patent in its designs.

How much is it going for now? I got it for $5.20 psf & that was their expo price back in 2003, PORZIA was the name of the company. I don't even know if the company is still around - which is another important thing to consider, what's the point if the warranty is 20yrs when the company folds in 5 right? Not like the warranty is transferable :lol: food for thought!

On a lighter note, for a really good laminate product their name really sucks "QUICK-STEP UNICLIC" so unglam! - sounds like a ladder brand! I guess that explains the under the radar marketing but don't let that fool you, its pretty robust & I got no complaints so far...

Hi Titanax,

Happened to purchase Berry floor laminate today and found out that this Mr. Kelvin Ong used to be with PORZIA. He asked me to let you know that if you have any inquiry with regards to PORZIA, you can contact him @ 85119899. Impressed by his sense of responsibility, even though he is not with PORZIA anymore.

Cheers :)

Hi ayukoh,

Cool! What's make you buy Berry? I was in a dilemma when given a choice. i will try to do a comparison in a new thread soon. Struggling with my time now

Hi Titanax,

Happened to purchase Berry floor laminate today and found out that this Mr. Kelvin Ong used to be with PORZIA. He asked me to let you know that if you have any inquiry with regards to PORZIA, you can contact him @ 85119899. Impressed by his sense of responsibility, even though he is not with PORZIA anymore.

hi ayukoh, thats really nice of Mr Ong! I will pass the info to the new owners so that can contact him if they have any enquiries.

Thanks for the update :)

Hi Titanax,

hi ayukoh, thats really nice of Mr Ong! I will pass the info to the new owners so that can contact him if they have any enquiries.

Thanks for the update :)

Hi, anyone knows how much will the hacking fee for the old bedroom parquet be if I were to replace it with laminated flooring?

I am pondering between re-varnishing the old parquet or pay a bit more to get new laminates instead. Is it advisable to lay the laminates on top of the old parquet flooring? Thanks.

They have limited series in Singapore. Guess it is not economical to bring all in?

for kitchen it is best to leave it as tiles. Unless you rarely cook, then can do laminate ba.

I have laminated strips in my LR. A small area of the strips are bulging/ scratched. I can't decide if I should just replace the affected strips or change the LR flooring to homogeneous tiles.

For economic reasons and also for my personal preference, I should replace only the affected strips. However, I'm concerned if the new strips would blend in nicely with the old. And will the contractor give me a warranty if it's just a touch-up job. I would also have to be extra careful with spills and I might be adopting a dog some time later...

For practical reason, I should just replace them with tiles. However, this would cost me add'l hacking cost of $800, not to mention cost of tiles. It would take away the "feel" of cosiness and if I'm being honest, I don't really like the cold touch of tiles.

What do you think I should do?

Hi Taby,

Just my opinion, if I'm staying in this house and not a new house, I will not opt for hacking and later tiles. Simply too much of work and area cleaning to do. Which brand of laminates are you using currently?

Like my wife, she prefers the "feel" thats why we are using laminates.

I remember a sales guy told me this, in the west, people want to do tiles but cant do it cause of the weather. They need to use heater for the floor as well. No choice but to stick with laminates etc etc.

In Singapore, we have the luxury to do tiles but we don't want but prefer laminates. hahaha

Edited by Dr.Anarchy

Hi Titanax,

Call up the company Wood Culture who is listed on Berry's website as their dealer in Singapore, and they said they are the sole importer in Singapore, and have no dealing with this Kelvin Ong and his company. So where is his Berry laminate flooring from? Are there 2 different Berry Floor from Belgium?

gettome, you're right woodculture aka hafari lor

but problem is there is another company dealing with berry floor. i can't remember the name its concept something one.

but maybe they are the dealer and woodculture is the distributor.

whatever it is berry floor has a very strong advantage, hydroplus. believe it will appeal to a lot of consumers. :P