Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
khengjoo

Quick-step Laminate Flooring

Hi ayukoh,

Cool! What's make you buy Berry? I was in a dilemma when given a choice. i will try to do a comparison in a new thread soon. Struggling with my time now

Hi Dr A, I'm back :D and I think; in time to help you with your dilemma! Which, imo there shouldn't be, because comparing Berry with Quick-Step is like comparing a Daihatsu with a Lexus :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

haha yeah! but thanks god i have decided to stick to QS due to the technology and laminates is more like hardwood :P

I have went down to take a look at Berry and boy it doesn't come close to QS's wood looks alike feel.

To be fair i must state,

I'm comparing QS Largo and Berry Grandioso.

Berry Riviera vs QS Eligna.

Another factor that we did take into consideration is distributor. Berry is by Woodculture, Hafari, a stronger company whereas for QS, the distributorship in Singapore is constantly changing. I believe most of the company can't deliver the minimum quantity for being QS distributor. So for those who decide to choose QS, do remember that you may need to bear the risk of changing distributor.

Hi Taby,

Just my opinion, if I'm staying in this house and not a new house, I will not opt for hacking and later tiles. Simply too much of work and area cleaning to do. Which brand of laminates are you using currently?

Like my wife, she prefers the "feel" thats why we are using laminates.

I remember a sales guy told me this, in the west, people want to do tiles but cant do it cause of the weather. They need to use heater for the floor as well. No choice but to stick with laminates etc etc.

In Singapore, we have the luxury to do tiles but we don't want but prefer laminates. hahaha

Actually I just bought this unit in the east. If you were me, would you go with your heart (laminate) or your mind (tiles)? :P

Hi ayukoh,

Cool! What's make you buy Berry? I was in a dilemma when given a choice. i will try to do a comparison in a new thread soon. Struggling with my time now

Hi Dr.Anarchy,

My apologies for the late reply...preparing for house renovation is not as simple as I thought it would be...oh well...

Anyway, I fell in love with Quick Step at the beginning. I called David from QS, he was very prefessional and patient in answering my questions, felt bad we didn't take up QS in the end. Then we Stumbled upon Berry Floor at the expo, were offered promotional price, but we decided to not make any impulsive call, I wanted to read more coz I still like QS very much. Found out that BF and QS are both from Belgium. Then finally my husband decided to go with Berry Floor as he was pleased with the quality demonstrated on the spot and technology (hydro plus = supposed to be stronger in the aspect of water resistant) that they offered, plus the "expo" price.

We hope all goes well.

But I still believe that QS is good quality product too...

Regards

Edited by ayukoh

Another factor that we did take into consideration is distributor. Berry is by Woodculture, Hafari, a stronger company whereas for QS, the distributorship in Singapore is constantly changing. I believe most of the company can't deliver the minimum quantity for being QS distributor. So for those who decide to choose QS, do remember that you may need to bear the risk of changing distributor.

yup, thats a good point to note, however speaking from personal experience - once its in-place you don't need to worry about it. That's what you are paying for - quality & peace of mind.

yup, thats a good point to note, however speaking from personal experience - once its in-place you don't need to worry about it. That's what you are paying for - quality & peace of mind.

i'm seriously considering to install quickstep. have browsed through their catalog and taken a look at some of the sample.

can someone just convince me that i will be making the right choice with quickstep? :good:

haha yeah! but thanks god i have decided to stick to QS due to the technology and laminates is more like hardwood :P

I have went down to take a look at Berry and boy it doesn't come close to QS's wood looks alike feel.

To be fair i must state,

may i know what are the implications of changing distributor? warranty gone?

titanax, yeap fully agree. hopefully my installer will do a good job so in future no more headache.

zeemimi, QS is covered by international warranty. In paper, if you buy from Distributor A, 1 or 2 years later, they can't renew their distributorship and QS award to Distributor B. Distributor B will need to take over the warranty. However practically wise, you aren't buying from B, they may be reluctant to service you lor.

That's the risk you have to bear but like what others have install before QS is a quality board. As long it is installed properly, you shouldn't have much problem compare to other brands of laminates.

titanax, yeap fully agree. hopefully my installer will do a good job so in future no more headache.

zeemimi, QS is covered by international warranty. In paper, if you buy from Distributor A, 1 or 2 years later, they can't renew their distributorship and QS award to Distributor B. Distributor B will need to take over the warranty. However practically wise, you aren't buying from B, they may be reluctant to service you lor.

That's the risk you have to bear but like what others have install before QS is a quality board. As long it is installed properly, you shouldn't have much problem compare to other brands of laminates.

Dr A, Thanks. are you refering to Largo or the Eligna?

I've compared QS with others like Pergo. Gut feeling is that choosing Eligna over Pergo Family or Practiq's range is a better deal. But i may be wrong. Largo will be a waste in my house as i don't have much open spaces to admire the long planks. Too much of a hassle to hack current flooring, but looking for something that can withstand 3 active kids' activities in the house daily.

hopefully if no problem with the floor boards, then don't have to worry about different distributors.

To be fair i must state,

So you chose the Lexus, well done! Agree with titanax, the whole idea is that you never need to call in for the warranty. ;)

Hi Dr.Anarchy,

My apologies for the late reply...preparing for house renovation is not as simple as I thought it would be...oh well...

Anyway, I fell in love with Quick Step at the beginning. I called David from QS, he was very prefessional and patient in answering my questions, felt bad we didn't take up QS in the end. Then we Stumbled upon Berry Floor at the expo, were offered promotional price, but we decided to not make any impulsive call, I wanted to read more coz I still like QS very much. Found out that BF and QS are both from Belgium. Then finally my husband decided to go with Berry Floor as he was pleased with the quality demonstrated on the spot and technology (hydro plus = supposed to be stronger in the aspect of water resistant) that they offered, plus the "expo" price.

We hope all goes well.

But I still believe that QS is good quality product too...

Regards

Hi, I believes that Berry is like a Daihatsu; a reliable product. So as long as you are being charged the right price, you shouldn't be loosing any sleep over your decision. :D

The Hydroplus imo is just marketing sophistry, as coating or impregnating the core board with a water repelling agent are common with many other brands, and the only innovation here is the labeling. If you look at Riviera (which is the only Berry range with hydroplus) technical data on their website, it states very clearly that "the swelling" in the moisture-resistance test is <10% according to EN standard. Compare that with QS, which uses MasterCore boards for their entire ranges, you will see that their test data shows <8%. So you can see that the standard QS product actually has higher moisture resistancy than that of a Hydroplus.

I hope you will find this information useful.