Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
khengjoo

Quick-step Laminate Flooring

Hi, I believes that Berry is like a Daihatsu; a reliable product. So as long as you are being charged the right price, you shouldn't be loosing any sleep over your decision. :D

The Hydroplus imo is just marketing sophistry, as coating or impregnating the core board with a water repelling agent are common with many other brands, and the only innovation here is the labeling. If you look at Riviera (which is the only Berry range with hydroplus) technical data on their website, it states very clearly that "the swelling" in the moisture-resistance test is <10% according to EN standard. Compare that with QS, which uses MasterCore boards for their entire ranges, you will see that their test data shows <8%. So you can see that the standard QS product actually has higher moisture resistancy than that of a Hydroplus.

I hope you will find this information useful.

Thanks. I agree with you that all this is just market differentiation by all the companies for practically the same product/effect. In fact, all those statistics are often under their own specifications and cannot be replicated otherwise, so we shouldn't really be bothered or just take it with a pinch of salt. Most importantly, as you mentioned, are just the 'right' price you have paid and that you are comfortable with what you got.

The warranty/guarantee provided by whichever distributor(s) or importer, in my opinion, will be a pain in the a*se to claim anyhow; so we better hope that we are lucky & the installer does a decent job.

Will feedback when I finally get the floor done next month. Cheers! ;P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

khengjoo, very detailed wor! I believe you are a person who read into fine prints? *wondering do you do that to insurance policy as well* :P

ayukoh, take pictures of the underlying foam if possible.

for myself, im waiting for the quotation for QS to be send over to me tonight, hopefully can sign by next week.

Thanks. I agree with you that all this is just market differentiation by all the companies for practically the same product/effect. In fact, all those statistics are often under their own specifications and cannot be replicated otherwise, so we shouldn't really be bothered or just take it with a pinch of salt. Most importantly, as you mentioned, are just the 'right' price you have paid and that you are comfortable with what you got.

The warranty/guarantee provided by whichever distributor(s) or importer, in my opinion, will be a pain in the a*se to claim anyhow; so we better hope that we are lucky & the installer does a decent job.

Will feedback when I finally get the floor done next month. Cheers! ;P

Great ayukoh, btw which range from Berry did you chose?

Also another piece of information concerning authencity; the flooring should come with the original packing of the manufacturer, and the underside of each plank should have the stamps of the country of manufacture (in your case, made in Belgium) and the date of production.

Cheers

khengjoo, very detailed wor! I believe you are a person who read into fine prints? *wondering do you do that to insurance policy as well* :P

ayukoh, take pictures of the underlying foam if possible.

for myself, im waiting for the quotation for QS to be send over to me tonight, hopefully can sign by next week.

No lah :P never was a "fine print" person, but if I'm the beneficiary :D

It's professional interest; as I was doing a research project on laminate flooring for a couple of months, hence the extra knowledge to share.

So, what have you selected, the E or the L? or the V :D

orh no wonder haha

im getting E for my Bedrooms and L for my living room

I loves L though but don't think worth to lay in bedroom as well. So settle for E lor

orh no wonder haha

im getting E for my Bedrooms and L for my living room

I loves L though but don't think worth to lay in bedroom as well. So settle for E lor

Good for you! My budget planner tells me that we will have to settle for the E, as she needs the extra saving for a new piece of furniture :(

Hey, do share the pics when yours is done. I'm wondering if titan and lach had theirs done yet? Looking forward to see their pics :)

Good for you! My budget planner tells me that we will have to settle for the E, as she needs the extra saving for a new piece of furniture :(

Hey, do share the pics when yours is done. I'm wondering if titan and lach had theirs done yet? Looking forward to see their pics :)

no we have not started our reno yet but we will definitely post pix once its up :)

no we have not started our reno yet but we will definitely post pix once its up :)

Ask lach to include her furry pals as well, remember this

:D

Cheers

Ask lach to include her furry pals as well, remember this
:D

Cheers

LOL. Will definitely include some pix of the furkids lying around on the new flooring. ;) Heh, must go and watch that video again!

I have also ordered this.Would you please the actual cost of this.Because i think they are getting very high margin on this.And this is not morally good.

What is your question??

Hi, anyone knows how much will the hacking fee for the old bedroom parquet be if I were to replace it with laminated flooring?

I am pondering between re-varnishing the old parquet or pay a bit more to get new laminates instead. Is it advisable to lay the laminates on top of the old parquet flooring? Thanks.

I ever did a varnishing + polish for my masterr bedroom @ Bukit Batok home.It costs about $850. seems expensive huh.. well it just happens my neighbour bought this Quickstep Floorings and they are installing that day and i was thrilled.. one of the most beautiful laminate floorings i seen.. and end up.. i lay it for my 2 other bedrooms.. adn i must say i made a good choice..For a Made in Belgium board that cost so little.. Worth it..

gettome, you're right woodculture aka hafari lor

but problem is there is another company dealing with berry floor. i can't remember the name its concept something one.

but maybe they are the dealer and woodculture is the distributor.

whatever it is berry floor has a very strong advantage, hydroplus. believe it will appeal to a lot of consumers. :P

Hmm.. the system might be good.. but this berry floor keep changing distributor.. and from what i heard when i went to the expo, this current distributor are still selling the boards even though the distributorship had change. Aiyo.. this Berry floor so chin chai one meh? dont even know whether the next distributor would be ok one anot? makes people worried about the after sales service...??? and besides heard from Pergo, Tarkett and Quickstep people this Berry floor not famous in Europe de.. Its like the Taiwanese made stuffs in Asia.. anyway.. well.. perhaps its cheap la.. so still ok lor..