Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
khengjoo

Quick-step Laminate Flooring

was quoted 4.50psf for the Eligna and 6.50psf nett for the Largo - show price at the recently ended exhibition at Expo.

Is Tarkett using some form of click-on like Uniclic without glueing as well?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yup. You're right.

Tarkett has developed its own self-locking mechanism to joint floors together without glue or fasteners.

On top of that it has good surfaces treatment, that is to prevent dirt, fading, scratches and moisture.

was quoted 4.50psf for the Eligna and 6.50psf nett for the Largo - show price at the recently ended exhibition at Expo.

Is Tarkett using some form of click-on like Uniclic without glueing as well?

Most of the laminate flooring already using the click on type..no more glueing. :yamseng:

Most of the laminate flooring already using the click on type..no more glueing. :yamseng:

That's right bro. :)

Yup. You're right.

Tarkett has developed its own self-locking mechanism to joint floors together without glue or fasteners.

On top of that it has good surfaces treatment, that is to prevent dirt, fading, scratches and moisture.

Thanks, guys...so besides the brand it's best is to look for a "going to be around for long" agent or retailer.

Tarkett looks good.

QS flooring for a clearer view:

Living Room: LARGO - WHITE VINTAGE OAK PLANKS (LPU1285)

Bedrooms: LARGO - NATURAL OILED WENGÉ PLANKS (LPU1289)

The Living room flooring........

p1020312v.jpg

p1020313w.jpg

IMG_1413.jpg

IMG_1414.jpg

The wenge skirting

IMG_1417.jpg

QS flooring for a clearer view:

Living Room: LARGO - WHITE VINTAGE OAK PLANKS (LPU1285)

Bedrooms: LARGO - NATURAL OILED WENGÉ PLANKS (LPU1289)

Very Nice! The groove at the sides makes them look like real wooden planks. No skirtings?

Very Nice! The groove at the sides makes them look like real wooden planks. No skirtings?

thanks, we didn't manage to take pictures with skirting in time before the protection got laid.

Hi hi,

I got questions regarding the laying of laminates. Quickstep recently came to lay laminates at our place and we did not go down to supervise. Turned out to be an unpleasant surprise when we realise the following:-

1) The direction in laying of planks is not consistent for all rooms, not sure of their basis but we would prefer the planks to be laid along the length of the room and perpendicular to the windows (light source).

2) There are running tones in the laminates. Some dark some light across the entire room, like "parquet" style. We thought it would be a consistent tone/colour and so the lines wont be that obvious.

Would like your advice

1) What direction do you lay your laminates and why?

2) Is it normal to have running tone? The QS staff told me its unavoidable, not sure how true.

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi hi,

I got questions regarding the laying of laminates. Quickstep recently came to lay laminates at our place and we did not go down to supervise. Turned out to be an unpleasant surprise when we realise the following:-

1) The direction in laying of planks is not consistent for all rooms, not sure of their basis but we would prefer the planks to be laid along the length of the room and perpendicular to the windows (light source).

2) There are running tones in the laminates. Some dark some light across the entire room, like "parquet" style. We thought it would be a consistent tone/colour and so the lines wont be that obvious.

Would like your advice

1) What direction do you lay your laminates and why?

2) Is it normal to have running tone? The QS staff told me its unavoidable, not sure how true.

Thanks in advance! :)

maybe u wanna post some pics so we can see?

for laying direction, u can choose but usually, it wld be laid such tt when u stand at the bedroom entrance, the planks will run across you, frm left to right, and not away frm you.

as for running tones (cant cfm if wat i think is the same as wat u mean), it is normal. depending on the colour u chose, some may not be obvious. bt the purpose of laminate flooring is to replicate the look of parquet flooring, and so it has running tones to make it look like parquet.

i recently installed Quick-Step Eligna series in my room and i chose a dark Oiled Walnut. the running tones quite obvious, but the overall look....i love it man!

maybe u wanna post some pics so we can see?

for laying direction, u can choose but usually, it wld be laid such tt when u stand at the bedroom entrance, the planks will run across you, frm left to right, and not away frm you.

as for running tones (cant cfm if wat i think is the same as wat u mean), it is normal. depending on the colour u chose, some may not be obvious. bt the purpose of laminate flooring is to replicate the look of parquet flooring, and so it has running tones to make it look like parquet.

i recently installed Quick-Step Eligna series in my room and i chose a dark Oiled Walnut. the running tones quite obvious, but the overall look....i love it man!

Hi manutd,

I wanna post pictures but I do not know how to and I cannot find any instructions on the forum? Could you teach me? Sorry for being a noob.

Anyway, the QS staff called back and explained that they have installed it based on the door entrance, as what you have said! And the running tone is indeed unavoidable, he is even willing to bring me to another customer's site to verify that. I suppose no customer wants it to be a consistent tone except us. :P

And the skirting they provided are not original, is yours the same? They said that the original must be ordered especially and very expensive.

And the skirting they provided are not original, is yours the same? They said that the original must be ordered especially and very expensive.

huh? original skirting? they all come wif matching skirting. wat the sales guy talking abt?

as for attaching photo, u can look at this:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1142

Edited by manutd1972

huh? original skirting? they all come wif matching skirting. wat the sales guy talking abt?

as for attaching photo, u can look at this:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1142

Hi,

Thanks for providing the thread. Here are my pics! Please comment if you think the laminate direction and toning is normal.

photo1ij.jpg

photo2ov.jpg

photo3hb.jpg

photo4hwm.jpgphoto5qs.jpg

I think the sales guy meant that they do not bring in the same skirting as my laminate so they used the next best matching (in terms of colour) skirting to install? Is this normal? Did you get the same skirting as the laminate you ordered? Thanks for the advice!