Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
khengjoo

Quick-step Laminate Flooring

Hi,

Thanks for providing the thread. Here are my pics! Please comment if you think the laminate direction and toning is normal.

I think the sales guy meant that they do not bring in the same skirting as my laminate so they used the next best matching (in terms of colour) skirting to install? Is this normal? Did you get the same skirting as the laminate you ordered? Thanks for the advice!

I think it is indeed a bit strange. Your room should look better if the lamination is perpendicular to the window. I hope when my new flat arrived, I am able to decide on the direction of the laminate. Thanks for sharing your experience...

Edited by kelvinangsw

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

QS do have their own side skirting same color but locally they aren't bringing in and bundle to sell to the consumer cause the skirting are too expensive. When you do your laminate, buying original skirting will cost you almost the same price as your laminate! Bobiang lor to save some cost, local distributor use china skirting ;)

Unless you are rich then get them to order original skirting for you :P

What the salesman meant is original trim not skirting. titanax and myself all have original trim but china skirting.

Hi,

Thanks for providing the thread. Here are my pics! Please comment if you think the laminate direction and toning is normal.

photo1ij.jpg

photo2ov.jpg

photo3hb.jpg

photo4hwm.jpgphoto5qs.jpg

I think the sales guy meant that they do not bring in the same skirting as my laminate so they used the next best matching (in terms of colour) skirting to install? Is this normal? Did you get the same skirting as the laminate you ordered? Thanks for the advice!

Yes, the direction of lay is normal, as are the tonal differences. This makes it look more like natural wood flooring.

As for the skirting issue, DrAnarchy has explained it very well oredi.

I think it is indeed a bit strange. Your room should look better if the lamination is perpendicular to the window. I hope when my new flat arrived, I am able to decide on the direction of the laminate. Thanks for sharing your experience...

u can always specify which direction of lay u want. if u dun say anything, they will lay it according to the room entrance, and not according to any windows in the room.

Yes, the direction of lay is normal, as are the tonal differences. This makes it look more like natural wood flooring.

As for the skirting issue, DrAnarchy has explained it very well oredi.

Hi all,

Thanks for the advice! Yes, I got original trimmings but not the skirting. Anyway I have come to accept the tonal differences, since it can't be helped. We actually preferred titanax's type of consistent tone.... We wanted a light colour flooring... Turned out the one we chose is darker than we expected, should have opt for titanax's colour :). But like what you guys say, its still very lovely! I like the long and big planks used....and the feel when stepping on it.

As for the direction, I think their basis is ok lah, since it may be abit weird if they lay perpendicular to door entrance, and the planks will be all pointing out at whoever is looking into the room.

Thanks all for sharing your advice.... really appreciate this forum! :)

Hi,

photo1ij.jpg

photo2ov.jpg

photo3hb.jpg

photo4hwm.jpgphoto5qs.jpg

Thanks for the pics, looks real nice. Real good product I believe. I approached them upon seeing all these pics posted in this thread, but encountered really bad experience with the sales people, from what I read here, I have the impression that the sales staff of this company are totally unreliable and unprofessional

I queried on their floor range, and one salesperson replied on the price and thickness. Not able to find more information even on their website, I replied and asked for more information on the class, surface and others. As a reference, I shared with him the quotation I received from other Brand, and queried if they have a good offer or promotion with competitive price as well. Is it wrong as a customer to ask this ?

The replied was extremely rude. Instead of sharing the strength of this products & its details, he went ahead lampooning and badmouthing all of the other products

"..hence do you really think K**** are made in Germany?? For your info, their head office is in Beijing(pls go to their website) and they have only been here for 4 months"

the emails ended just there. No matter how good of a product it is, with this kind of attitude and services, they're just driving every potential buyers away.

Thanks for the pics, looks real nice. Real good product I believe. I approached them upon seeing all these pics posted in this thread, but encountered really bad experience with the sales people, from what I read here, I have the impression that the sales staff of this company are totally unreliable and unprofessional

I queried on their floor range, and one salesperson replied on the price and thickness. Not able to find more information even on their website, I replied and asked for more information on the class, surface and others. As a reference, I shared with him the quotation I received from other Brand, and queried if they have a good offer or promotion with competitive price as well. Is it wrong as a customer to ask this ?

The replied was extremely rude. Instead of sharing the strength of this products & its details, he went ahead lampooning and badmouthing all of the other products

"..hence do you really think K**** are made in Germany?? For your info, their head office is in Beijing(pls go to their website) and they have only been here for 4 months"

the emails ended just there. No matter how good of a product it is, with this kind of attitude and services, they're just driving every potential buyers away.

Lol! What a bunch of clowns. Now that is a juicy piece of information ecclesia.

I know for certain that this K company you mentioned is interested in hard evidence on the perpetrator of falsehood and damaging rumours about them.

You may want to send those correspondences to sales@oriqin.com, and I'm sure they will appreciate it. :D

Lol! What a bunch of clowns. Now that is a juicy piece of information ecclesia.

I know for certain that this K company you mentioned is interested in hard evidence on the perpetrator of falsehood and damaging rumours about them.

You may want to send those correspondences to sales@oriqin.com, and I'm sure they will appreciate it. :D

Hi Khengjoo, was considering that (sending to both P***o & K****), however, if I do that, it might start a supplier war.. :P It's totally understandable for salespeople to be persistent and well aggressive sometimes. But I don't tolerate those who's trying to sell by shooting down other competitors. If your product is good, it will sell itself for sure. Good sales people with good product knowledge of the stuff they're selling, should have no issue sharing the strength of the product to potential customers. Not by this shallow and offensive behaviour. So sorry for the nag, I was totally p****d with this type of stupidity.

Hi Khengjoo, was considering that (sending to both P***o & K****), however, if I do that, it might start a supplier war.. :P It's totally understandable for salespeople to be persistent and well aggressive sometimes. But I don't tolerate those who's trying to sell by shooting down other competitors. If your product is good, it will sell itself for sure. Good sales people with good product knowledge of the stuff they're selling, should have no issue sharing the strength of the product to potential customers. Not by this shallow and offensive behaviour. So sorry for the nag, I was totally p****d with this type of stupidity.

wahlou! so many people coming to view this thread since yesterday..must be drawn by the smell of blood. ;)

You are probably right not to pass the information around, otherwise someone could end up bleeding.

Just to share a wicked thought with you :D Since you are so gracious over the issue, I really think that the sales guy with the attidude should send you a note of apology, and also make up by giving you a proper offer; say 50% off whatever you wanted (which was the purpose of your enquiry to them in the first place), and then come over and kiss your feet in gratitude should you decide to accept it. Afterall, you sort of got them by b''s you know. Just think about it.

wahlou! so many people coming to view this thread since yesterday..must be drawn by the smell of blood. ;)

You are probably right not to pass the information around, otherwise someone could end up bleeding.

Just to share a wicked thought with you :D Since you are so gracious over the issue, I really think that the sales guy with the attidude should send you a note of apology, and also make up by giving you a proper offer; say 50% off whatever you wanted (which was the purpose of your enquiry to them in the first place), and then come over and kiss your feet in gratitude should you decide to accept it. Afterall, you sort of got them by b''s you know. Just think about it.

Oh god. Actually i just commited on Quickstep too my over the weekend at Expo. The way you are putting makes me ponder have i made the right decision??? But franly speaking, i think went to almost all the brands over there(i was quite fussy i must admit.hee..), but what makes me buy QuickStep is also because of the sales guy.. a very agressive guy, one of the most agressive i must admit of all the laminate floorings i went to. He speaks like machine gun(hehe) but i dont know, whether the product is good or not, but this ah beng ah beng guy certainly impress me(I am a guy, not a girl.hehe) and i went over to their showroom to sign up the package yesterday. In particular, this Malay guy from this something like Krono or what also impresses me, but a pity, i am very convinced by that ah Beng(hehe). Anyway, this guy gave me a very good offer on Largo w/original skirtings(apparently somebody ordered and gave up, so i got a good deal). Anyway i must admit every sales staff would have some sort of bad mouthing..because every brand i visited speak bad of other brands with some people even going to that extreme as saying this Q brand is being manufactured by the K/O brand..seems ridiculous to me..hee..but anyway i would understand thats sales talk anyway.. But now i am praying i got the right brand though..

I ever did a varnishing + polish for my masterr bedroom @ Bukit Batok home.It costs about $850. seems expensive huh.. well it just happens my neighbour bought this Quickstep Floorings and they are installing that day and i was thrilled.. one of the most beautiful laminate floorings i seen.. and end up.. i lay it for my 2 other bedrooms.. adn i must say i made a good choice..For a Made in Belgium board that cost so little.. Worth it..

And oops! ROFLMAO! This is hilarious. You forgot that you are suppose to have brought this 5 months ago. HAHAHA

Oh god. Actually i just commited on Quickstep too my over the weekend at Expo. The way you are putting makes me ponder have i made the right decision??? But franly speaking, i think went to almost all the brands over there(i was quite fussy i must admit.hee..), but what makes me buy QuickStep is also because of the sales guy.. a very agressive guy, one of the most agressive i must admit of all the laminate floorings i went to. He speaks like machine gun(hehe) but i dont know, whether the product is good or not, but this ah beng ah beng guy certainly impress me(I am a guy, not a girl.hehe) and i went over to their showroom to sign up the package yesterday. In particular, this Malay guy from this something like Krono or what also impresses me, but a pity, i am very convinced by that ah Beng(hehe). Anyway, this guy gave me a very good offer on Largo w/original skirtings(apparently somebody ordered and gave up, so i got a good deal). Anyway i must admit every sales staff would have some sort of bad mouthing..because every brand i visited speak bad of other brands with some people even going to that extreme as saying this Q brand is being manufactured by the K/O brand..seems ridiculous to me..hee..but anyway i would understand thats sales talk anyway.. But now i am praying i got the right brand though..

Btw, there is an edit button which you may wish to use. :D

hi ecclesia,

Actually i think all sales ppl like to badmouth other brands, just that some are more serious while some are milder. Anyway, I have finally moved into my house and enjoying my QS flooring! Its really nice and much easier to maintain compared to my homogenous tiles! And I think my sales person is quite good too, reasonably responsive even after the laminates are laid and $ paid. If you are still interested in QS, you can PM me and I'll pass you my salesperson contact. :)

Dear All,

I am sorry to have written this, but I do feel a need to bring this up to

rest of the people in this forum for everyone when they are making

their choices in considering this product.

Beware ! I have installed a top range of QS for my new house.

Comparing psf$ pricing on the laminated flooring around this is considered

top grade, Yes installation workmanship was good and product lives up to

the expectation of a top grade product.

The only comment on the installation is that they did not put on the

protection cover and did not do so even after my several sms reminder.

But to me small issue as long as flooring not damaged by other contractors.

However the after sales service is third class - seem like a company

run by one man show with overloaded schedule.

I have tried to make appointment since late Nov 2010 with them

to come down to rectify some flooring/skirting issues.

Did not turn up for a few appointments made well in advance and

do not bother to keep you updated even if they are not coming.

Due to repeated delay on their side, the damaged on the flooring

has spread to a even larger area (by recent heavy downpour), initially

was only a small area affect.

This product came with 25yrs warranty, do you expect them to be around

to solve your problem when something happens ?

Not for me, after only 3 months ...

For those who thinks that I am QS competitor trying to be funny, do a quick search on

my other threads and you will know I have been quite active in renotalk previously.

Gong Xi Fa Cai !.

Hi everyone,

Planning to reconstruct my intermediate 2.5 storey terrace and would like to use laminated flooring for all bedrooms. Do you guys think is a good idea?Some told me it will looks cheap and parquet will be a better choice. But I prefer the white coloring on laminated which parquet do not provide n the former should be cheaper in cost right? Another question, since the house is going to be reconstruct from scratch, will the floor has to be tile first before laying the laminated or the builder just has to cement it prior putting up the laminated.... Pls advise... :bow: