Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
khengjoo

Quick-step Laminate Flooring

You guys are really selective readers, as you chose to ignored the many postings that clearly pointed to the negative qualities of this company, and the staff.

Btw, a quick check at Quick-Step website revealed that they are no longer listed there as a dealer, so I don't think you can expect them to replenish their diminished stock to meet outstanding orders.

Better make the best deal you can with whatever they have to offer now.

Also, the "old bird" / boss cannot just discharged responsibilities with the excuse that the salesman is no longer with the company, as the deal was done when the salesman was a representative of the company.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

You guys are really selective readers, as you chose to ignored the many postings that clearly pointed to the negative qualities of this company, and the staff.

Btw, a quick check at Quick-Step website revealed that they are no longer listed there as a dealer, so I don't think you can expect them to replenish their diminished stock to meet outstanding orders.

Better make the best deal you can with whatever they have to offer now.

Also, the "old bird" / boss cannot just discharged responsibilities with the excuse that the salesman is no longer with the company, as the deal was done when the salesman was a representative of the company.

Do you have a company or brand to recommend? from what I see here, almost every known brand and its distributors have it's fair share of positive and negative qualities, as well as their staff.

Gotten information that a number of contractors and customers had fallen victim to this person, Andy Yeo Boon Heng, who was an ex-employee of Grupp Marketing Pte Ltd.

If you need his NRIC number to verify, please PM me. If you have any outstanding deals with him, please go and make a police report.

At the same time, I had contacted Quick-Step to learn that Grupp Marketing Pte Ltd is no longer a dealer for Quick-Step since March 2012.

It's just unfortunate that I contacted Andy Yeo Boon Heng at the end of March, where he was supposedly still a Grupp Marketing Pte Ltd's salesperson.

Hey, isn't this company Grupp Marketing the same one with frequent advertisements on newspapers selling security safe?

Yup. They used to be a dealer for Quick-Step Flooring.

Terrain1976,

After speaking more to Grupp Marketing, I think I can safely said I got scammed already by their ex-employee.

I believe the salesperson that attended to you was Andy Yeo. I have also informed forumers who shared the contact with me and whom I had shared the contact with that this is most likely a scam if they engaged Andy recently.

I paid a slightly higher than 40% deposit because he told me that is the company's practice to help keep and reserve the stock for me. After hearing your case, I think I will forgo getting Quick-Step flooring. I even chose the colour and was told it was available.

I should have not gone ahead when I saw that their Singapore's website was "hacked". What a waste, a good product that is going down the drain and will no longer be available in Singapore unless someone else takes up the distributorship.

Sorry to hear about your case potat0.

As for me, the boss still honoured my deal but just that i can only choose the color out of their existing stocks(and now i know the reason after seeing the above messages). I signed up in Dec 2011 and at the time, think this company is still doing ok in the market. I delayed till now due to my ex owner extended their stay in the house and also some delays from HDB. I mainly paid a small deposit of 200sg during my booking and they never asked me for more.

Btw, the sales man who attaneded to me is not Andy Yeo.

Do you have a company or brand to recommend? from what I see here, almost every known brand and its distributors have it's fair share of positive and negative qualities, as well as their staff.

Hi potat0, I'm looking at laminate flooring for current 4-room too, as my Tampines bto will not be ready until 2015.

I really like the Quick-Step floor, and would have chose them if I'm assured that their local dealer can provide a good installation job, and after-sales services if needed.

The other brand which I think is equal to Quick-Step is Balterio, also from Belgium. Same thing, poor installation works and after-sales service by their local dealer according to what I heard and read.

Hi potat0, I'm looking at laminate flooring for current 4-room too, as my Tampines bto will not be ready until 2015.

I really like the Quick-Step floor, and would have chose them if I'm assured that their local dealer can provide a good installation job, and after-sales services if needed.

The other brand which I think is equal to Quick-Step is Balterio, also from Belgium. Same thing, poor installation works and after-sales service by their local dealer according to what I heard and read.

Thanks PuffDog. I'm still hoping to get Quick-Step for my home. Quick-Step's local office recommended to check with Woodculture for my case while they look for a new dealer.

The last time I checked during March 2012 exhibition at Expo, Woodculture was promoting Berry Floors though. For now, I'm taking a break away from finding a flooring contractor as this incident had caused me to be super skeptical when dealing with any contractors. Need some time to calm down and be normal again.

Really can't believe how the chain of events unfold from all the information I had gotten so far. Can't imagine how many people was scammed for Andy Yeo Boon Heng to skip town.

Really can't believe how the chain of events unfold from all the information I had gotten so far. Can't imagine how many people was scammed for Andy Yeo Boon Heng to skip town.

Is he the short guy with colored hair and wears the Quick-step cyclist top during exhibition?

Edited by PuffDog

hi potat0, I've not visited this forum for quite awhile and so I missed the message you sent last year.

Sorry to hear about your situation. I guess there is not much you can do now but lodge a report to the police about your case.

Quick-Step laminate flooring are excellent products and homeowners using them will testify for their quality.

I hope we can get to see a professional dealer for their products the next time.

The last time I checked during March 2012 exhibition at Expo, Woodculture was promoting Berry Floors though. For now, I'm taking a break away from finding a flooring contractor as this incident had caused me to be super skeptical when dealing with any contractors. Need some time to calm down and be normal again.

Interesting that you were directed to Woodculture. Is Woodculture looking at the dealership? Imo Berry is a Quick-Step wanabe, and Quick-Step being a premium brand (with premium pricing) is an unlikely match for Woodculture, whose businesses are mainly to renovation contractors.

Interesting that you were directed to Woodculture. Is Woodculture looking at the dealership? Imo Berry is a Quick-Step wanabe, and Quick-Step being a premium brand (with premium pricing) is an unlikely match for Woodculture, whose businesses are mainly to renovation contractors.

Hi Khengjoo,

no problem. I spoke to Woodculture as well. Unfortunately, they are not able to support my request as it's a small project. From what I was told, they do deliver Quick-Step if requested by customer but only economical to do so for big scale projects. Can't blame them. Met up with them about Berry Floors before. Wasn't impressed and the price was about the same as what was quoted for me for Quick-Step.

I've lodge a police report actually and was encouraging Grupp Marketing Pte Ltd to do so as well since they shared with me that Andy Yeo also owed them money.

Tried to create a topic at Renovation Firms and Works to bring awareness about Y & C Resources last evening but I think the topic was either still in the midst of being approved or it's been rejected.

I still hope to find someone who can do Quick-Step flooring for me but now, it really looks impossible. I wonder what would be similar quality in the market though.

Hopefully, Quick-Step will be able to find a good dealer soon. Just in case folks who are looking for Quick-Step is not aware. Quick-Step is a product from Unilin Group.