Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
TimWong

Air-con Group Buy

It would be great if you could recommend any system4 (4 bedrooms) with inverter.

Would appreciate if you can advise on the different models and their pricing.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi dear bro/ sis of renotalk,

I am Tim Wong who helping Aron to complete his work/ accept new enquiry. Our Installation Team still remain the same so your guys not need to worry the quality of service.

The special price of aircon stil remain, the excellent service will never end.

Pls ask quote here or email me at timwong933@gmail.com

Hope can hear you soon!

Thanks and Regards,

Tim WonG

~~~~~~~~~

Hi Tim,

I am looking for Panasonic inverter sys 2 with 9k BTU. Can you please pm me your quote ? Would you please elaborate more on your company profile, how is the installation team work , any warranty after installation ?

Thanks !

Hi Tim,

I need a quote for Daikin invertor system 3 for 3 bedrooms & a separate normal btu for the living room. Apartment is 1238sqft, 3 equal-sized bedrooms.

Need good insulation & drainage piping, copper wire. Concealed piping for the living room.

Louise

Edited by san20sg
remove my personal data

Yo people, my aircon was installed more than a year back by the same company represented by Tim and Aron. After installation, one of the FCU keeps leaking. Aron send 3 groups of different people to resolve the issue but have not resolve it. It keeps leaking every now and then. (talk about trusting their expertise and professionalism).....I have emailed Aron multiple times and he just keeps sending people over to look and see.

The worse thing is that when the one year warranty is over, they suggested to shift the FCU higher to achieve better drainage. But to do that, they need to charged me because they say my warranty over. (like telling me, take it or leave it attitude). As I just want the leaking problem to go away, I agreed to pay, thus work was done.

Just barely one hour after they shift the FCU, it LEAKED!! What the ****. The workers came back and tell me all sorts of reasons. My aircon now is still leaking and they now tell me it is aircon sweating and suggested to get Mitsubishi down. But I have to pay another amount to Mitsubishi becoz TIM told me warranty is over for the FCU! What the F%6K!

All of you beware! They are professional in marketing and extorting money from you. They are not professional in their dealings when things happen. If they were professional, they would have suggested to shift the FCU and to get Mitsubishi to have a look during the warranty period and not after warranty period. Also note that their workforce are subcontractors who will only do the work if they get paid the company. My installation guy was one subcon, the leaking issue was resolve by two other groups (who tell me that it is not their fault but it is the group who installed it....)

So buyer beware!!

Edited by airconleak

Tim, hope you understand your customers better. Now is a hot period where customers on their aircon everynight. I reported the aircon is leaking last night and you arrange for your guys to come and fix it 5 days later!!? Are you suggesting that I will have to bear with the leaking issue or my family sleep with the hot weather for 5 days!

And have the guts to tell your customer, "no choice, can only arrange 5 days later". This only shows how limited is your subcon to cater for afterwork servicing and the low level of customer service!

Edited by airconleak

I am sharing my experience with Tim's company.

My aircon was installed more than a year back by the same company represented by Tim and Aron. After installation, one of the FCU keeps leaking. Aron send 3 groups of different people to resolve the issue but have not resolve it. It keeps leaking every now and then. The company just sends people down to check drainage everytime without any solution.

When the one year warranty is over, they suddenly suggested to shift the FCU higher claiming that it will improve the drainage but they need to charged me for labor. I was disappointed but they guarantee tat it will solve the problem, I agreed to pay, thus work was done.

Just barely one hour after they shift the FCU, it LEAKED!! The workers came back and tell me all sorts of reasons. For over a year, I have to tape a plastic bag to catch the leaking water. Then my aircon leaked last night and now they tell me probably it is aircon sweating and suggested to get Mitsubishi to look at it. But I have to pay another amount to Mitsubishi becoz TIM told me warranty for FCU is over.

What I am unhappy about is that they could have suggested the two solutions during the warranty. It is obvious now why they suggested it after warranty. If they were professional, they would have suggested to shift the FCU and to get Mitsubishi to have a look during the warranty period and not after warranty period. I told them to shoulder the Mitsubishi cost but they disagree. Now I have to live with a poorly installed FCU unless I forked out the cost from my pocket.

Also note that their workforce are subcontractors who will only do the work if they get paid the company. My installation guy was one subcon, the leaking issue was resolve by two other groups.

In addition, with a leaking aircon, Tim can only arrange the fixing after 5 calendar days due to subcontractor not around. Imagine, 5 days to bear with leaking aircon. Below is the email exerpt from Tim:

"Hi, So sorry about the aircon leaking problem. It should be able to solve after we done the service last month.

Anyway, I already schudule my man to go down to inspect the problem this coming wednesday 23/5 WED.

Timing is 3-6pm.

We really hard to squeeze the schedule since the service man Scott is not in town next week between MON to WED. So we arranged him to go down your place on Wed after he come back to Singapore.

Hope you understand! We are trying to see and what is the problem you met. But just need some time for us to schedule the servicing. Its great if you can allow us go down on wed.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Tim Wong

Edited by leakingaircon

I hope the administrator doesnt remove this sharing so that potential buyer's have informed decision whether the company is good or not. I have seen other much worst posting about other aircon companies but it was not removed. I hope the renotalk administrator can be fair and reasonable.

I am sharing my experience with Aron's and Tim's company.

I came to know about them through renotalk forum. There price was reasonable and there were no bad comments. So I engaged them to install my aircon in Oct 2010. After 6 months of installation, one of the FCU keeps leaking. Aron send 3 groups of different people to resolve the issue but have not resolve it. It keeps leaking every now and then. The company just sends people down to check drainage everytime without any solution.

When the one year warranty was over, they suddenly suggested to shift the FCU higher claiming that the FCU is lower than the drainage pipe. They installed it wrongly the first time and now to shift it, they want me to pay for it. I was disappointed but they guarantee tat it will solve the problem, I agreed to pay, thus work was done.

Just barely one hour after they shift the FCU, it LEAKED!! The workers came back and tell me all sorts of reasons. For over a year, I have to tape a plastic bag to catch the leaking water. Then my aircon leaked last night and now they tell me probably it is aircon sweating and suggested to get Mitsubishi to look at it. But I have to pay another amount to Mitsubishi becoz the warranty for FCU is over.

What I am unhappy about is that they could have suggested the two solutions during the warranty. It is obvious now why they suggested it after warranty. If they were professional, they would have suggested to shift the FCU and to get Mitsubishi to have a look during the warranty period and not after warranty period. I told them to shoulder the Mitsubishi cost but they disagree. Now I have to live with a poorly installed FCU unless I forked out the cost from my pocket.

Also note that their workforce are subcontractors who will only do the work if they get paid the company. My installation guy was one subcon, the leaking issue was resolve by two other groups.

In addition, with a leaking aircon, Tim can only arrange the fixing after 5 calendar days due to subcontractor not around. Imagine, 5 days to bear with leaking aircon. Below is the email exerpt from Tim:

"Hi, So sorry about the aircon leaking problem. It should be able to solve after we done the service last month.

Anyway, I already schudule my man to go down to inspect the problem this coming wednesday 23/5 WED.

Timing is 3-6pm.

We really hard to squeeze the schedule since the service man Scott is not in town next week between MON to WED. So we arranged him to go down your place on Wed after he come back to Singapore.

Hope you understand! We are trying to see and what is the problem you met. But just need some time for us to schedule the servicing. Its great if you can allow us go down on wed.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Tim Wong

Your posting was removed because you are spamming.

It is alright to share experience but we don't encourage spamming across the forum.

Thanks Therat for the explanation. Apology for the spamming as I am furious over the incident. This is the forum where people like me got to know them. Thus this is also a means for me to share my experience and disappointment on how such companies exploit us Singaporeans.

Can I shift the above message to the thread "aircon Group buys" initiated by TimWong? That will be more effective as more people are looking in that thread.

Thanks Therat. To further share my experience with Aron's and Tim's company.

During installation of the aircon:

1.) The first group who installed my aircon insisted to attached the FCU into a gypsum wall instead of a concrete wall. They are trying to save time as it is much easier to drill gypsum wall. I disagree. If your contractor wants to drill into a non concrete wall, they will need to open the wall, install some timber framing for support, then cover up the wall. This entails more work as they need to make good of the gypsum wall. With the timber framing, your FCU may one day drop off.

2.) Using a measuring tape, ensure that the FCU is installed higher than the JOINT connecting the drainage pipe and FCU. I thought this is a basic concept that all installer need to know. Unfortunately, I didnt check this and they manage to install one of my FCU lower than the joint. During the warranty, the two other group of subcon came down and noticed it but didnt say a word. They worry they wont get paid if they shifted the FCU up as it is still under warranty. So after warranty, Aron then suggested to shift it up but I am charged with labor cost. (Which Aron use to pay the new subcon)...

During Warranty of the aircon:

3.) As explained in point 2, the aircon start leaking. The first guy who came for maintenance was a different guy from the installer. He tried to fix but did not manage to solve the problem. The next guy who came (named Scott from Cold Engine - that is why I know they are using subcontractors) noticed the FCU lower than the JOINT. He didnt mention this to us but instead inserted a cardboard somewhere (which he admitted later on) to temporarily fix the problem. When my warranty was over and my aircon leaked badly, Aron suddenly suggested to shift the aircon up but I need to pay labor cost. I was fuming mad and told him that this is a recurring problem ever since it was installed. but at the end, I agree to pay with the guarantee that it will fix the problem.

Scott came back and explained to me that the FCU was installed lower than the JOINT. Then I asked why he never bother to tell me during warranty period? He admitted that he inserted a cardboard to temporarily fix the problem. This is the kind of contractors that really pisses me off.

After Scott shifted the FCU, he then started offering me his maintenance service behind his employer's back. I told him can if the problem is fixed. Behold, one hour after the shifting, the aircon leaked!!

4.) The shifting work was done in April 2012. I still have the plastic bag taped under the FCU as the leaking problem can happen anytime. It leaked last Thurday night. I called up Tim (who replaced Aron as Aron resigned) and the fellow really dont know customer service. It also shows how limited their work force is. They use this forum to actively seek new prey for their business but their workforce is not even enough to support the the complaints of customers. (Tim asked me to wait for 5 days)....

5.) I called up Scott and asked him to explain why it leaked again. He then tell me aircon sweating and say he cant do anything already. Tim then called me and say the same reason and suggested to get Mitsubishi down to have a look....at my own cost! I told Tim off that he go and check my case as this leaking issue started since installation. I asked him to bear the cost and all works to be done by Mitsubishi. He hesitated and will ask his management. Until now, no response on this issue.

Note that FCU warranty is 1 year - if there is a recurring problem e.g. leaking, noisy, not cold, and your installer is not able to solve, insist on getting the manufacturer down during warranty so you dont need to pay a single cent for labor and parts.

Conclusion - I was a victim of getting the best value for money for my aircon installation. I was also a victim of their sales tactic. I didnt imagine my new aircon to have this problem. But it happened. The sad thing is how Tim/Aron company responded, prompting me to share my experience to everyone. There are lessons for three groups of people here:

a.) For those who bought and still under warranty - insist to rectify recurring problems by getting manufacturer during the warranty. Do not trust the subcon no matter how nice they be.

b.) For those who bought but not installed yet - be vigilant and do not leave the subcon to do the work

b.) For those who have not buy from them - suggest you look else where.

Edited by airconleaking

I disagree that you are solving the problem with your best. Maybe best in your company's interest but not in your client's interest. As I mentioned before, the leak started during warranty and still exists till now (7 months after the warranty).

Dear Bro / Sis of Renotalks, imagine the leaking happen to your newly installed aircon. Then you keep applying leave to suit as and when they feel like coming but still unable to fix the leak. Then now they ask you to fork out more cash to a solution that may not work. All happened to me.

Tim, for over a year, I have been inconvenience by your management way of solving my issue. And you brag about professionalism and experties? Dont quote apologies or euphemisms to coat sugar to my bitter experience. Do some actions, get Mitsubishi down, repair the thing even to the point of replacing the FCU - all at your company's expense.

Do all that and I will gladly share to all the viewers here your actions on how to solve my problem. It will show how you value your customers beyond company's profit, how you are willing to acknowledge past negligence and are taking full responsibility for it.

Edited by airconleaking

Hi tim

could you quote me mitsubishi inverter sys 4 with installation for the following in a 4-room HDB.

wall mounted

capacity:9000btu= 2unit, 12000btu= 1unit,24000btu= 1 unit

thanks.

I disagree that you are solving the problem with your best. Maybe best in your company's interest but not in your client's interest. As I mentioned before, the leak started during warranty and still exists till now (7 months after the warranty).

Dear Bro / Sis of Renotalks, imagine the leaking happen to your newly installed aircon. Then you keep applying leave to suit as and when they feel like coming but still unable to fix the leak. Then now they ask you to fork out more cash to a solution that may not work. All happened to me.

Tim, for over a year, I have been inconvenience by your management way of solving my issue. And you brag about professionalism and experties? Dont quote apologies or euphemisms to coat sugar to my bitter experience. Do some actions, get Mitsubishi down, repair the thing even to the point of replacing the FCU - all at your company's expense.

Do all that and I will gladly share to all the viewers here your actions on how to solve my problem. It will show how you value your customers beyond company's profit, how you are willing to acknowledge past negligence and are taking full responsibility for it.

Bro, I do understand how you feel and if i was at your shoe, I will be very frustrated too. However, we get to know aron has left the company and whoever took over his position need to do the good job what aron used to do to all members here. To be fair to aron, he has been very responsible and patience towards our request and concerns (at least it apply to me).

My aircon was also bought from them and for once, water leaking happen to one of my aircon (after warranty period). I call up aron and he has came to my place with the technician. (P.S, they came after their working hour at night as I only can make it after my work). They have done the check, found the reason, and rectify the issue without charging me even though the warranty is over. It surely is down to the person who is handling your case and I personally feel aron has done the extra mile to help me.

I believe tim, who has took over aron's jobs, was not up to standard to provide good customer service which aron used to provide. Bro, I think you should talk to their management directly if the issue was still on outstanding.

Hi Tim,

Please quote below:

1) Mitsubishi Starmax System 4 inverter (3x9k btu, 1x18k btu)

2) Hitachi System 4 inverter (3x9k btu, 1x18k btu)

Quote to be inclusive of:

- Mounting Bracket

- Piping with updgraded insulation

- 2 installation visits (1 to lay piping, 1 to install)

House: Ang Mo Kio HDB 4rm flat