Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mugenedix

Storage Heater Vs Instant Heater.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all,

I'm new here. Juz like to knw when to use instant or storage heater? any pros & cons btw dis two? thks. :furious:

if lots of family members uses hotwater, then go for storageheater.

if use hotwater only once in while then instant.

15mins of instantheater = 40-45mins of storageheater, in terms of electricity consumption.(told by quite a number of electricians + waterheater vendors)

if lots of family members uses hotwater, then go for storageheater.

if use hotwater only once in while then instant.

15mins of instantheater = 40-45mins of storageheater, in terms of electricity consumption.(told by quite a number of electricians + waterheater vendors)

Wow :yamseng: , so the comsuption is abt 1:3.. Ok.. Thanks for the advice. Cheers. :good:

Wow :) , so the comsuption is abt 1:3.. Ok.. Thanks for the advice. Cheers. :rolleyes:

ya - "eat" more kilowatts if you uses the instant heater a lot.

Storage heater is meant for mondo hot water consumption. Before u do the reno of your house, u got to run piping, hot + cold or cold. If u wanna get storage heater then muz get hot+cold. So u want the hotel class one hor, u pipe hot water into bathroom taps oso lor. then when u on water heater u get hot water for whole house, including kitchen if you pipe it lah. Tap mixers in this case, oso got to get the hot/cold type le.

but the thing is that if u leave the hot water too long, will oso turn cold so most hdb will go for instant heater, cos more cost savings. storage tank u muz get all the pple bath together to avoid wasting the hot water lol ^^

Hi,

Is Storage water heater better than instant water heater? I m living in a small 4 rm HDB flat and I intend to instal water heater in my Mater bedrm toilet and the common toilet. Kindly advice.

Hi,

Is Storage water heater better than instant water heater? I m living in a small 4 rm HDB flat and I intend to instal water heater in my Mater bedrm toilet and the common toilet. Kindly advice.

Hi,

Appreciate if u can pm me instead as I do not check my posts regularly. Thank you ;)

Never use storage water heater before, which one is better? Thanks!

If you plan to have rain shower, then you will need a storage water heater. If not, I would recommend instant heater since it consume less energy.

If basin also want hot water, kitchen also want hot water, then storage heater only solution. NEEC reccommends instant heater due to less energy consumed.

I'm using a Jovan water storage heater. I only need to install 1 at the service yard and I can have hot water at the 2 bathrooms. The retaintion of the hot water is good. :)

I'm using a Jovan water storage heater. I only need to install 1 at the service yard and I can have hot water at the 2 bathrooms. The retaintion of the hot water is good. :)

Hi pepperminty, may i know how much is the Jovan storage heater and where to get it?

Hi pepperminty, may i know how much is the Jovan storage heater and where to get it?

most kitchen accessories shops like those at jalan besar/balestier has it.. i got mine (i think 25l) for $285.

Jovan JH25 with energy saving should be at $230. I got 2 shops quoting me that price, in the end I bought from Everjoint because I was buying other stuff.

both storage & instant water heater have their own pros & cons, its a matter of what you want~

Could anyone tell me the pro and cons for the above mentioned items? Which one is more feasible? Which one able to save on our electricity bill??? Please advise. Thanks.