Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mugenedix

Storage Heater Vs Instant Heater.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

dear all

can advise on the plumbing costs for this? seems that install and run piping for instant heater is $80...

storage heater is around $200 - 240...

whats the difference?

Dear all,

My new place at 11st floor, originally with storage heater...but not functioning anymore.

I'm thinking should I change to storage water heater or use instant water heater? I'll be doing some reno on my toilets.

I read from this forum that storage water heater will increased the electricity cost, while instant water heater might have problem with high floor due to low water pressure?

Can share your view?

Thanks!

I remember hearing that instant heaters use less electricity compared to storage heaters. If that is so, would it be better to install instant heaters in each toilet rather than a lesser number of storage heaters? What advantages do storage heaters have over instant heaters?

I remember hearing that instant heaters use less electricity compared to storage heaters. If that is so, would it be better to install instant heaters in each toilet rather than a lesser number of storage heaters? What advantages do storage heaters have over instant heaters?

Storage heater = more piping = more exp mixers = higher power bills

We also considered the pros and cons of storage vs instant heater. Then we got an rain shower, so instant heater would not be good. Ended up with gas heater. Supposed to be save $$ compared to instant heater but can deliver the water flow to sustain a rain shower. =)

All my life i lived with storage heater, but my in-law been telling me to get instant cos of cost, and if storage heater goes 'pop!', u have no more hot water.

We also considered the pros and cons of storage vs instant heater. Then we got an rain shower, so instant heater would not be good. Ended up with gas heater. Supposed to be save $$ compared to instant heater but can deliver the water flow to sustain a rain shower. =)

hi there. if you wanted a rain shower, it would be better for you to get a storage heater. There was a case I read in forum that someone's instant heater spoiled after using with rain shower for 4 months. it's lucky that you didn't use it with instant heater because they can support only certain dimension of rain shower.

All my life i lived with storage heater, but my in-law been telling me to get instant cos of cost, and if storage heater goes 'pop!', u have no more hot water.

haha. i think you can try calculating the cost. It's not necessary cheaper. Imagine this. The tank in the instant water heater is small and to be able to supply you a constant amount of hot water, the energy needed

and the heat conductivity of the tank must be of certain standard. Perhaps electricity needed is almost the same as the amount needed for an storage tank. hmm, I'm quite interested in this thanks to your post.

hmm, quite true to say that once the heater spoil you get no more hot water.

erm....even instant heat that goes "pop" you will not have hot water....right? :P

actually very simple, if you want rainshower get storage tank, no rain shower get instant heater.

I live with instant heater for the past 20 years++ and now I'm switching over to storage heater as I have rainshower in my bathroom. It is not all the time about cost. You choose rainshower, get the required item to run it properly cant do 1/2 1/2 lah

abupapa,

Differerent household different consumption and bathing duration. How to advise accurately? If base on specification of instant and storage heater, instant heater will be cheaper than storage. But as said earlier, don't base on cost for comparison as it is really difficult to calculate. For this comparison, I will say its a intangible cost.

Just base on whether you have rainshower and do you need hot/cold mixer for all your taps. If both is no, get instant heater.

abupapa,

Differerent household different consumption and bathing duration. How to advise accurately? If base on specification of instant and storage heater, instant heater will be cheaper than storage. But as said earlier, don't base on cost for comparison as it is really difficult to calculate. For this comparison, I will say its a intangible cost.

Just base on whether you have rainshower and do you need hot/cold mixer for all your taps. If both is no, get instant heater.

this is very true... i've read in this forum before that someone's power bill actually reduced after switching to storage heater.

i prefer storage heater cos i love hot hot water, and always feel that water flow from instant heater is just not as strong and "shiok" compared to storage heater, even when we're talking about normal shower heads :P