Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hqx

Need Help Regarding Fridge

Hi guys,

Need help regarding Fridge.

Is LG fridge trust worthy?

Or which brand of which is a better choice??

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi guys,

My advice is to buy a Japanese branded fridge, Made-in-Japan, if budget permits. Made in Thailand is also worth considering. My first fridge was Frigedaire now known as Fisher & Paykel. The fridge kaput after 6 years. I bought a Sharp - Made in Thailand fridge after refusing to pay the $300 premium for a same model but Made-in-Japan. It has been more than twelve years already and it is still cold and works like new.

I hear from my Korean friends that between Samsung & LG, the latter is highly regarded in Korea. I have an LG direct drive washing machine for the last 7 years, other than the water pump replacement, no major issues. In fact, this is my longest lasting machine that I have used. My first washing machine was Italian- Castor, followed by Whirlpool. Both did not last because of major mechanical failure even after repairs.

Hi guys,

Hey dude,

I have used my LG fridge for the last 15 years before it start having problem with the cooler, with the bottom section of the fridge not working.

Check out with my fellow colleagues and friends, most of them advise me to get Japan brand as it has a better reputation then the Korea brands and usually last longer.

Just about a 1 week ago, I got recommendation from my property agents friend to get my fridge at Everjoint electrical. Chose Japan brand in the end, Mitsubishi MRV45 at the price of $785.

The shop owner also recommended Toshiba at a lower price, but my wife prefer Mitsubishi, saying that it is more well-known for it products.

So if you are going to choose btw Korea or Japan fridge, from what I heard from my fellow friends, I will also recommend ya to go for Japan brands.

It all depends on your budget but traditionally Japanese brands are more well-known for making fridges.... My current LG fridge was bought in 2001 and now still working good as I believe it was made in Korea unlike nowadays LG products aer mostly made in Thailand.... Again electrical products also depends on luck as even the most reputable brand may fail due to batch problem...etc...

IF your budget permits go for Mitsubishi brand lor. :P

Hey dude,

Just about a 1 week ago, I got recommendation from my property agents friend to get my fridge at Everjoint electrical. Chose Japan brand in the end, Mitsubishi MRV45 at the price of $785.

I bought this model too. Wife like the 3 door type. Cos the vegetable compartment plastic tray very troublesome for 2 door type. Must be super fast to put in, otherwise keep beeping.

I choose the Graphite Grey, like this cool colour.

since we're on topic of LG fridge, i'm targeting bottom freezer, shortlisted this model

LG GR-B359PLQ

but i noticed it's only 264 litres & e bottom freezer is bigger than e actual non freezer portion. from a practical point of view,

how often would these 2 compartments be used on a wkly basis? I only have a small bar fridge right now so I can't really

make comparsion, so appreciate any help on this freezer issue. :bow:

any other similar models worth considering too?

Get the LARGEST that you can afford. or able to fit in your kitchen..... don't skimp on the capacity.... the power usage is negligible and when you start to put things in..... u will know what I mean... especially if you have kids. BUT, if you go the Singaporean way of life, ie don't want to get married or married don't want kids, then my advise does not apply

Get the LARGEST that you can afford. or able to fit in your kitchen..... don't skimp on the capacity.... the power usage is negligible and when you start to put things in..... u will know what I mean... especially if you have kids. BUT, if you go the Singaporean way of life, ie don't want to get married or married don't want kids, then my advise does not apply

Which brand is most reliable for fridge? Any good model to recommend?

Thanks!

All brands are ok (one salesperson told me to trust the singapore government, if the electrical products can be sold here, then it would have passed the stringent singapore QC)

For me, it's the design and look of the fridge that is more important.... the layout. I got a Panasonic NR-F532TX, not our first choice as we were limited by the space in our condo, as it came with a full kitchen setup. Just imagine, there is one brand that said they have this technology to increase fruits Vit C by 200%... using this special light.... what a lark!

@kohnicholas... Hitachi has a good range, worth looking at