Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ngunadi

Where To Buy Solid Iron Wind Chimes

Hi England,

Found one at Bedok, Metalworld, hope it is what u're look for. www.metalworld.com.sg.

Retail Outlet:

No.1 Woodlands Square, #04-15 Causeway Point

Singapore 738099

Tel: 6893 4454 (Operating Hours: 12-9pm daily)

Head Office:

Blk 3013 #02-2142 Bedok Industrial Park E

Singapore 489979

Tel: 6446 6188

Fax: 6444 3261

Email: enquiries@metalworld.com.sg

Factory Outlet:

Blk 3013 #01-2102 Bedok Industrial Park E

Singapore 489979

Tel: 6446 6188 (By Appointment Only)

Thanks there, bro. I looked at the website and it doesnt seem like what I have in mind. I am looking for sculptures actually, you know those in a art gallery? But, thanks again for the info.

Regards.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Thanks there, bro. I looked at the website and it doesnt seem like what I have in mind. I am looking for sculptures actually, you know those in a art gallery? But, thanks again for the info.

Regards.

Post #29 can help?

Edited by bepgof

from fengshui point of view, wind chimes is actually a double edge sword. Can help or destroy. The fengshui mater i went to, he mentioned

if i place one in my living room, it can "activate" a fortune channel, unfortunately, it will be an "insurance fortune". Not the kind of money i want, so

ask me don't put it. zz

I just came back after walking the whole stretch of pagoda street, looking for solid wind chimes. Lots of stalls selling them but all HOLLOW RODS! Couldn't find it at fu lu shou too :(

I just came back after walking the whole stretch of pagoda street, looking for solid wind chimes. Lots of stalls selling them but all HOLLOW RODS! Couldn't find it at fu lu shou too :(

Almost wanted to go there jalan jalan, hollow ones make louder sound!. May be can be replaced by solid stainless steel rods of different length. May I know how "long" are those hollow pipes? Got 1-3 feets long?

I'm interest also to know where you hang the windchime. Fsm got specifically mentioned just ONE or a few to hang at some corners?

Edited by bepgof

Almost wanted to go there jalan jalan, hollow ones make louder sound!. May be can be replaced by solid stainless steel rods of different length. May I know how "long" are those hollow pipes? Got 1-3 feets long?

I'm interest also to know where you hang the windchime. Fsm got specifically mentioned just ONE or a few to hang at some corners?

the longest length i think is about 10". those are more for tourists, with dolphins, merlions or birds attached to it. don't think can use these for fengshui reasons.

I just need to hang one in one of the bedrooms, besides wardrobe. Problem now is where to find it!!!

Edited by 4d_striker

the longest length i think is about 10". those are more for tourists, with dolphins, merlions or birds attached to it. don't think can use these for fengshui reasons.

I just need to hang one in one of the bedrooms, besides wardrobe. Problem now is where to find it!!!

Many thanks for the reply, hope you always strike 4D. Ya, these are "toys".

Edited by bepgof

Mine has dolphins attached to it. I hope it can be used for fengshui. A windchime is a windchime right?

At most, I remove the dolphin?

Otherwise, where to find a "real" windchime with solid rods?

4697791949_eab2cf097d_b.jpg

Mine has dolphins attached to it. I hope it can be used for fengshui. A windchime is a windchime right?

I found mine too... Mr Chang says can use the modern ones as well, as long as it's solid silver rods. Anyway, I'm removing the decorative fish at the top of the wind chimes. Will click a pic of mine tonight.

I found mine too... Mr Chang says can use the modern ones as well, as long as it's solid silver rods. Anyway, I'm removing the decorative fish at the top of the wind chimes. Will click a pic of mine tonight.

Where did you buy it from?

Is it similar with mine minus the fishes?

Nice looking lah, don't need to remove anything.

The 4 rods resemble the "4 pillars" (if you understand chinese star constellation, you will know what i'm taking about) over the northern sky. The center of the 4 rods is the "pei tou" which is the emperor's "Mercedes -" who stayed inside. This is the classical fs's belief. Luckily, fsm did not ask you to put up 3 "mansions" within the 4 rods, or may be your room where you hang the windchime already has 3 "mansions/wall" . The one who stays inside this room is the "emperor". Why the fsms don't suggest hanging reflective disco ball on ceiling with spot light to make more "stars"? You can verify with your fsm to see what i said is true.

"Modern" FS suggests windchimes can break "negative" energies. Very "imaginative" and hard to digest the "logic". Btw, "chi" is also a very "imaginative/formless" stuff , human can "sense" but cannot "touch".

From history's point of view, windchimes are initially originated from India, meant to deter theft. Too bad, my son just touched down last night from japan, did visit a old & giant temple, but see no windchimes within temple.

Edited by bepgof

Bepgof, any reason why it has to be solid and can't be hollow?

Nowadays, there are so many "amazing stories" like windchimes that can break negative energy but there's not much "logic" behind it. It's good to follow fengshui that seems non-sense but do make sense.

Bepgof, any reason why it has to be solid and can't be hollow?

Nowadays, there are so many "amazing stories" like windchimes that can break negative energy but there's not much "logic" behind it. It's good to follow fengshui that seems non-sense but do make sense.

Wow lau, simple logic lor, the 4 pillars are:

1. East - The Green Dragon

2. North - The Tortise/Snake

3. West - The White Tiger

4. South - The Bird

How can these great "animals" be just covered up with skin/fur only, without real fresh(substance)? Hear of wolf putting on tiger's skin story? Eventually?? Substance must come after its name! Not only the outlook !(hope my chinese-english translation is precise & correct)

Each pillar has 7 "star groups", so there are total 7x4= 28 "star groups"(二十八宿) covered over the norther sky of the earth. Each star group(total 28) is 1 degree, to 23 degree (varies) apart, making total 360 degres. Why 28 groups? - ancient chinese were really smart ! They assigned each star group, by observing the shape of moon, while the earth revolves the sun one round.

Long story to tell, go and read books leh. Take time and be patient, it takes me years... Solar July is coming, know why it is the "hottest" days among the 365 days? Lunar July is following, want to know why chinese believed cannot do this & that during this month?

Edited by bepgof

Wow lau, simple logic lor, the 4 pillars are:

1. East - The Green Dragon

2. North - The Tortise/Snake

3. West - The White Tiger

4. South - The Bird

How can these great "animals" be just covered up with skin/fur only, without real fresh(substance)? Hear of wolf putting on tiger's skin story? Eventually?? Substance must come after its name! Not only the outlook !(hope my chinese-english translation is precise & correct)

Each pillar has 7 "star groups", so there are total 7x4= 28 "star groups"(二十八宿) covered over the norther sky of the earth. Each star group(total 28) is 1 degree, to 23 degree (varies) apart, making total 360 degres. Why 28 groups? - ancient chinese were really smart ! They assigned each star group, by observing the shape of moon, while the earth revolves the sun one round.

Long story to tell, go and read books leh. Take time and be patient, it takes me years... Solar July is coming, know why it is the "hottest" days among the 365 days? Lunar July is following, want to know why chinese believed cannot do this & that during this month?

Bro

Please explain..Before you go into Solar July..Can say clearly and explain in layman terms what is the windchimes used for? Dispere Qi? or?

Bro ... can also explain the Solar July and Lunar July ?

I can't reach chinese, how to read all those books? Though I hope one day I can start to read those ... now still brushing up my chiense :D