Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ngunadi

Where To Buy Solid Iron Wind Chimes

I saw a 4-rods silver chimes at Centrepoint on Sat (24 Jul). Name of shop, iirc is called "the loft". Never bother to ask how much since I have already bought mine at cardsnsuch. Hope this helps.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
yes, the shop name is "the loft". and yes, i also saw the 4 piece solid rod windchyme . but i didnt ask for the price cuz the items look atas & expensive. I will most likely get my windchyme from cardsnsuch 1 floor below. :)

put windchimes outside for what purpose? cos i saw indian neighbor put it outside their main door.

Some schools of fs believed windchimes can break negative qi or negative energies. I'm always more interested on "how", yet to find the answer. However, windchime was originated from India, to China, Japan & Korea....., aim to gain peace/concentration in mind power, in temples. Some Chinese "modified" the "wind" to "rope" become ropechimes. Putting these acorss beams & pilars of building, linked by rope, to deter theft.

what about those 6 metal rod? any significance?

Wind chimes whether in rods (form in a round-shaped with uniform length or different length), or rods (of different length) in straight line layout, or bell-shaped, or many other shapes, can be made of metal, ceramic, wood, glass,....having same function = produce some "sound" when there is movement of air causing pendulum hitting the rods or bell.

The sound produced, following the air pressure difference, has a "smoothening" effect to human's mood/mind, in particular when the ambient is quite. However, when in party time( house with many ppl), windchime becomes a "nuisance".

Windchimes with rods, produce sound stay "longer" time as compared to bell type. The longer and heavier, the "longer" sound will stay, as well as its amplitude (louder). Bell produces mono-tune, different bells will have different tune. Mono tune is "boring".

4-6 tunes are "just nice" to human mind, too many tunes of different frequencies become "noise". High pitches (esp bell, glass) with short duration tend to "break/disturb" one's thought, meaning when you're doing "planning" where need serious and fine though, no high pitch sound please.

Windchimes are supposed to be hung at locations where having most air exchange (most air pressure difference), like windows or/and doors, or mid-way of passage way with constant air flow, so to "ignit" windchimes' function to its fullest.

Not all ppl like windchimes, just try and choose the one suit your mind/ear best. Personally, I prefer stable and "longer sound" produced by long rods.

Edited by bepgof

for the benefit of forummers looking for 4 piece solid rod windchime, i found mine @ a gift shop in holiday inn atrium aka concorde shopping centre 1st floor. Costs only $8.90. :D 2 more left in stock. For those interested u might wanna consider taking a look.

windchime.jpg

for the benefit of forummers looking for 4 piece solid rod windchime, i found mine @ a gift shop in holiday inn atrium aka concorde shopping centre 1st floor. Costs only $8.90. :D 2 more left in stock. For those interested u might wanna consider taking a look.

windchime.jpg

Dear forummers ,

For your infor, no more stock just came back from there, if interested can call them before go.(67364253 benri gift shop)

Guest todbee

Can anyone tell me where you bought the 4 solid silver rod wind chime?

I went to 681-683 Race Course Road today which adviced by some forumers here…. but couldn't find any. The china people there only sell the GOLD wind chimes mostly come with 6 rods. When I asked for any 4 rods one then the china woman laughed at me and said where got wind chimes with 4 rods!!!!

Please help.help.help!!!

Thanks.

So many here, prove her wrong(page 11).

http://www.etsy.com/search?q=windchime&page=1

I went to 681-683 Race Course Road today which adviced by some forumers here…. but couldn't find any. The china people there only sell the GOLD wind chimes mostly come with 6 rods. When I asked for any 4 rods one then the china woman laughed at me and said where got wind chimes with 4 rods!!!!

Please help.help.help!!!

Thanks.

Please help.help.help!!!

Thanks.

I think the one shown here is for decorative purpose. The shops you went are probably selling fengshui items. Most of the time, when someone wanted to buy a windchime for fengshu purpose, most of the time, the 6 rods one and in gold color are recommended.

Maybe the shop owner never heard of 4 rods windchime for fengshui purpose that why they don't carry.

Edited by FlyingKnight

Hi all,

I was walking around my house today and i found it hanging in the window area.

Not sure if it can be used as feng shui witht the cute bear deco?

img1185e.th.jpg

Edited by piko

My windchime string broke and dropped. Any significance? When I saw it, it was standing with the rods on the parquet floor.

I guess its normal. String too brittle, wind too strong maybe..