Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
foldme

I Have Exercised Otp, Now Seller Agent Wants Money From Me!

Confused? Let me list what's being done in mkt: (HDB resale)

1. Seller engages agent, no exclusive agreement sign, pay 1%. Can pay additional "angpow" to agent if seller likes it.

2. Seller can choose to sign "exclusive agreement" with agent, usually pay 2%. Optional "angpow".

3. Buyer "walk in" without agent, Can choose not to pay seller agent 1 single cent (must do paper work himself) or pay 1% (negotiable), be careful, most agents will "con" you into signing commission agreement without you actually aware of. Or don't pay comm but use "angbow" to settle the agreement between you & the seller's agent.

4. Buyer with agent - throug this way, usually seller's agent is at upper hand & will play tricks and buyer'll be hard (or pay higher price)to get a good unit he/she likes. Why? think! Buyer can pay whatever % or angbow or coffer/tea, massage or ever car...to buyer agent.

I miss out any?

Nowadays, Younger genertaion sell flats, they do it themselves. Just take note of following:

a) When advertise in Newspapers (Juz say "Already co-broke"). Dun let agents fool you to sign anything..

b) Be careful when allow agents with clients to cme in (they may not reveal true price to their client, juz using yr flat as showcase and ltr convince their clients to buy elsewhere). Talk to buyers directly when there is a chance and tell them yr asking price. I view 1 unit when they actually indicated their selling px on their whiteboard. The unit was sold in a day. No agent hanky-panky.

LBNL, sellers must be realistic abt COV, I saw units asking for over 70K but unit in bad shape, how like that? I think present mkt is ard $35K to $45K. In singapore, you are protected by Law. Sellers no need agent, but if you are buyer then LL if unit you want already has agent.

When dishonest agent look for sellers, they will say yr unit can fetch COV >60K, they make you sign exclusive agreement and ltr force you to close at much lower COV bcos they say yr reno no good, tis and that no good. Owners left with no choice & feeling desperate they sell cheap.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Nowadays, Younger genertaion sell flats, they do it themselves. Just take note of following:

a) When advertise in Newspapers (Juz say "Already co-broke"). Dun let agents fool you to sign anything..

b) Be careful when allow agents with clients to cme in (they may not reveal true price to their client, juz using yr flat as showcase and ltr convince their clients to buy elsewhere). Talk to buyers directly when there is a chance and tell them yr asking price. I view 1 unit when they actually indicated their selling px on their whiteboard. The unit was sold in a day. No agent hanky-panky.

LBNL, sellers must be realistic abt COV, I saw units asking for over 70K but unit in bad shape, how like that? I think present mkt is ard $35K to $45K. In singapore, you are protected by Law. Sellers no need agent, but if you are buyer then LL if unit you want already has agent.

When dishonest agent look for sellers, they will say yr unit can fetch COV >60K, they make you sign exclusive agreement and ltr force you to close at much lower COV bcos they say yr reno no good, tis and that no good. Owners left with no choice & feeling desperate they sell cheap.

Good experienced le, must be in this "killing field"' quite many years then can conclude such.

Edited by bepgof

Woo... I like the white board idea! Next time when I sell my house, I must hang a big big white board. :D

Edited by forgotten