Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
It was quite a daring move to go "Ang Gong Gong," our main concern is if it will look too Cheena...But then we wanted a bright theme for the kitchen and the red chosen is not normal red but techno steel red - hope that will make a diff! The actual color is not very obvious now cos all the surfaces are protected by a plastic film, praying hard that the end product will be what we are expecting :bow::bow::bow:

BTW, we have also opted for a white top for the kitchen cabinet. We thought white will set off the red very well, but then again, it is not a conventional color as most people will go for darker colors. My ID asked me for a final confirmation just now and I told him "white"...hopefully I won't do an expensive U-turn again later! ;)

Finally bought my dining and kitchen lights and the MBR sink and tap today. We took a while to shop for the MBR sink cos we do not want another white basin. In the end, again settled for a very controversial piece after much deliberating. My ID was even concerned that it may not go well with the theme and color of the MBR toilet and that really got us thinking for a long time. To make matter worse, there was already a very suitable piece available and it is flower-shaped like the theme of our MRB toilet (but yes, it is also white). This is a fool-proof choice that will definitely not go wrong, but in the end, we figure that we have to be true to ourselves as this will be our home - so made another daring decision against all conventional wisdom and advice from the expert :dancingqueen::notti::P I will keep this a surprise until you see it in my house the next time! Oh yes, the tap will be a conversation piece too!

The lights are another story altogether and we went for simple and smart designs that will not only look good but will be easy to maintain as well. Spent about $480 for the dining and two kitchen lights. By then already so tired, so we put off the purchase of the toilet and storeroom lights to another day. But these should hopfully be simple and straightforward decisions :good::good::good:

my kitchen is oso red :) we tot of using black surface top but dunno whether is it very difficult to maintain.. if not we will also be gog for white top :) ehehee.. but both oso quite difficult to maintain.. :o

BLK79,

Can upload pictures of your completed renovation eg. kitchen cabinet, rainshower, platform etc ....

So that don't have to go from hse to hse visit ley. A lot of the ppl here will also be appreciated.

Thanks.

Many of you have been to Lookz at Balestiar ya?

Can i check with u'll how much they sell a mixer for bathroom?

I'm looking for one with a squarish design.

Something like the "06B001" in their catalogue online.

hi bonkitty..yes, Substance Interior Concept is under S Interior K Design which is where the reno will be licensed under.

Hi ms white thks for the explaination..... make me feel more assured :)

yingsan, I also thinking of doing black surface top but I think shd be easier to maintain than white

Feeling so excited for those reno going to complete :dancingqueen:

Btw I think BlkC 5room high floor someone have shifted in cos I saw the whole hse is lighted :dunno:

I have not submitted my defects, going to do that today. Anyway only one defect found - power socket faceplate loose which can be rectify easily. So not going to let that slow me down.

Furthermore my ID already promise to rectify any defects found during renovation at no cost to me.

ya..my ID said the same thing to me too..cos HDB's legs are pretty short now..and will get shorter..dunno have to wait for how long before they'll get the defects rectified..............

yingsan, I also thinking of doing black surface top but I think shd be easier to maintain than white

Btw I think BlkC 5room high floor someone have shifted in cos I saw the whole hse is lighted :dunno:

One piece of advise for those who wanna make black solid top...scratches will be very obvious.

White is harder to maintain if u cook everyday but scratches will not be seen.

Maybe can choose those off white colours... :)

Submit to Toa Payoh Branch office at blk 79C

Can't really recall but I think you can fill in but it doesn't affect the loan application as they take the salary at time of application of the flat.

Like me, u can drop by HDB to submit the form and ask them any questions you have.

thanks! do you mean we don't need to fill in the income section in the form? do we need to submit supporting documents?

anyone got rejected?

One piece of advise for those who wanna make black solid top...scratches will be very obvious.

White is harder to maintain if u cook everyday but scratches will not be seen.

Maybe can choose those off white colours... :dancingqueen:

bonkitty, like wat bethel say, scratches is will be very obvious leh.. off white sounds good idea.. :dunno:

bonkitty, like wat bethel say, scratches is will be very obvious leh.. off white sounds good idea.. :dancingqueen:

what abt black granite top?? the india granite got black galaxy which i tot will look nice... got some gold shimmering effects...

Btw I think BlkC 5room high floor someone have shifted in cos I saw the whole hse is lighted :)

HI bonkitty,

It is the 6th level at Blk C, they already move when i collected my key on early Oct. Think they are the first!:dunno: Alot of curtains, not much reno done, only floor tiles. 7th & 8th floor also done liao i think. Very Fast!!

what abt black granite top?? the india granite got black galaxy which i tot will look nice... got some gold shimmering effects...

But I heard granite is quite porous rite? Like to absorb water?

Feeling so excited for those reno going to complete :)

Btw I think BlkC 5room high floor someone have shifted in cos I saw the whole hse is lighted :bow:

my surface top is black color with sprinkles of glitter think it will be easier to maintain cos v bz to always wipe and clean.... my neighbor from 34th floor in blk c nearly complete her reno liao and the lights come from their hse.... her reno is ala carte(no id, all done themselves)... can go and take a look during evenings i think.

ms white hw is yr reno progressing?? is yr flooring done?? heard fm hubby tat yr reno had just start is it?? can't wait to see mine.. I am currently in the same boat as Zaine98 :bangwall::bangwall:8| my parents oso everything must chap yi kar, this cannot that cannot .... sigh... really bo da han

Zaine98

hv u cfm with yr ID yet??? did u manage to """WIN""" yr war??? :):notti: coz i m still fighting mine... wan to overlay kitchen tiles -- cannot, overlay toilet flr n wall tiles---- cannot oso!:) SIGH....

I finally receive HDB letter to get my keys next week ..! FINALLY..... :bangwall:

congrats yayaaaaaa!! i think we r fm the same block..