Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

wow so many things going on here.. cant catch up with all the readings liao. LOL

ive only done hacking and laying of floor tiles now.. how do i put up the pic here ar.. haha.. not v good w such stuffs..

now looking for sink, mixer, WC hob hood also.. $$$ flying!!! :deal:

btw anyone know if we shld do flooring first or electrical wirings first ar.. cos mine haven do wirings yet.. =(

Here's a crash course on posting photos!

1. Register an account with www.photobucket.com

2. Upload your photos (better to resize them smaller first, 640X480 is best)

3. Select those photos you like to upload by ticking them

4. Click button below to generate HTML codes

5. There will be a few types of codes generated, but look at the one that say:

"IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended"

6. You can copy the entire URL and then paste it into your post.

7. Wallah! you have a picture in your post! The full image will be displayed if you click on the picture too!

Happy posting!

Edited by gadgetman

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
it should be quite cheap. am thinking of going down later to check out our shortlisted items. but i heard it's a very small shop, so do get your models ready before going down. :lol:

hey droplets! how're u? have u confirmed on ur ID? any progress so far? kekeke!

Hi Ms White, yup confirmed with Renozone. Now waiting for HDB permit. My sis got all her stuff from Everjoint and it's cash upon delivery. You can find quote good deal... !!

Yes, I will tell him Toa Payoh renotalk members will do that. :deal:

Juz went down to Citygas during lunchtime. Heard there will be a sales for Rinnai brand of hob & hood coming up on 19th Nov. Abt 10%.

Look out for it.

Where will the sale be held?? I wanna go leh.

Yes, I will tell him Toa Payoh renotalk members will do that. :deal:

Juz went down to Citygas during lunchtime. Heard there will be a sales for Rinnai brand of hob & hood coming up on 19th Nov. Abt 10%.

Look out for it.

aiyo alister, your id delay your reno??? must feedback so at least those who shortlisted him will know his pattern....

anyway, if we wanna use cash to pay for electrical stuffs, should be cheaper right??? actually, for reno, you all pay by cash or cheque ar???

oh yes, saturday will go down see leonard's quotation.... !!

I have been reading up on the washer cum dryer @ Singaporebrides and the advice from an expert - Ridz - is not advisable.

It is because for those with dual function, it one function spoilts, you will have to send the whole machine for servicing.

Normally the drying is half load. Eg for a 8kg washer, it only allow 4kg of drying. So to carry out a full load wash & dry, u will need 6 hrs (2hrs for washing. 2hrs for drying 4kg. Another 2hrs for drying 4kg).

Then seems like I would waste more electricity cos only can dry 4kg...

Can really compact leh... even Electrolux have those 2 in 1 too... !!

But hor...I know that front load save water but longer washing time whereas top load have shorter washing time...so it should be better to use top load washing machine as shorter washing time mean less electricity bill so save $$$ rite? Cos water is cheaper than electric mah....

went down to check out electrical appliances at Tai Sin (mentioned by gadgetman) and another store very near to KFC.

the staff @ Tai Sin probably knows that we're only there to check out the price, said something like "this is the price for now, come back another time is different hor." Snobbish look...omg! :)

prices quoted by the store near KFC is much better and the lady boss, Gina is very friendly too. dino was eyeing Mitsubitshi Folio (Titanium) and the price offered is also better than what she got over @ Mandai. even the price for Rinnai hob & hood got my eyes popping out... :notti:

will check out AMK and update all. :bleah:

Edited by ms_white

Wow, so fast so many posts, read til ;)

Btw, dat appliances shop near e temple 1, reput'n not dat gd, if i dun remember wrongly.

e 1 near kfc 1 is a relatively new joint, passed by some time ago, saw e 'offer', wow :notti:

If any1 got time, can try check out e neighbourhood store (4 sty blk, beside flower shop) over beside lor 5 market. Used to be seling cheap yrs bak. Also e groceries shop, 4 daily necessities.

i'm not promotin or gainin anytin. Jus sharin wat i noe, as i grew up in dis area (quarter of a century), like it here so much. Moved out, and now, I'l be back! :bow:

Regarding, e CD compilations of e Blk 79 pics, i'm interested 2 hav a copy wen its ready, pay olso ok. (If got include other areas of Toa Payoh, would b best) :)

:bleah:

Hi Gad man,

Is this a good deal?

Samsung LA-40R81BX 40" LCD TV

Now $3,599 (U.P: $3,799)

FREE!

• Philips 32" LCD TV (worth $1,199)

• Samsung free gift (worth $599) -> duno what this is...

Hi tension_z,

I just saw the 40" R81 at Best Denki (Ngee Ann City) selling at $2,999 last week. :bleah:

The free gifts are the same anywhere u buy the tv coz u need to redeem the gifts from Samsung urself.

Best Denki was also throwing in an additional 2 yr warranty on top of the 3 yrs Samsung provides. So 5 yrs warranty! :)

I got the 37" R81 from there at $2,099. Neighbourhood shops like Everjoint sells it at $2,018.

Decided to get it from Best Denki instead of Everjoint coz of the 5 yr warranty. :notti:

The price is always dropping so if u can wait, wait till they have promotion. Best Denki always have promotion price which is not the price they label there. Have to approach the salesman to ask for promotion price.

Hi tension_z,

I just saw the 40" R81 at Best Denki (Ngee Ann City) selling at $2,999 last week. :bow:

The free gifts are the same anywhere u buy the tv coz u need to redeem the gifts from Samsung urself.

Best Denki was also throwing in an additional 2 yr warranty on top of the 3 yrs Samsung provides. So 5 yrs warranty! :)

I got the 37" R81 from there at $2,099. Neighbourhood shops like Everjoint sells it at $2,018.

Decided to get it from Best Denki instead of Everjoint coz of the 5 yr warranty. :bleah:

The price is always dropping so if u can wait, wait till they have promotion. Best Denki always have promotion price which is not the price they label there. Have to approach the salesman to ask for promotion price.

wow really look like a very good deal total 5yrs warranty :notti: , this model last month my fren bought still need to pay extra $ to have the 2yrs extra.

Wow, so fast so many posts, read til :furious:

Btw, dat appliances shop near e temple 1, reput'n not dat gd, if i dun remember wrongly.

e 1 near kfc 1 is a relatively new joint, passed by some time ago, saw e 'offer', wow :notti:

If any1 got time, can try check out e neighbourhood store (4 sty blk, beside flower shop) over beside lor 5 market. Used to be seling cheap yrs bak. Also e groceries shop, 4 daily necessities.

i'm not promotin or gainin anytin. Jus sharin wat i noe, as i grew up in dis area (quarter of a century), like it here so much. Moved out, and now, I'l be back! ;)

Regarding, e CD compilations of e Blk 79 pics, i'm interested 2 hav a copy wen its ready, pay olso ok. (If got include other areas of Toa Payoh, would b best) :)

:bleah:

that store has been there for many many years, it's not a new joint. u could have mistaken..or perhaps after u moved out, it was opened. it's definitely more than 10yrs as my wife-to-be grew up in this precinct too.

If any1 got time, can try check out e neighbourhood store (4 sty blk, beside flower shop) over beside lor 5 market. Used to be seling cheap yrs bak. -->> what's selling over there?

Decided to get it from Best Denki instead of Everjoint coz of the 5 yr warranty. :P

hi bethel,

when did u get ur tv? $2,099 include extension of 2yr wty?

we purchased ours last mth @ $2,199 also from Best Denki.

wow really look like a very good deal total 5yrs warranty :bow: , this model last month my fren bought still need to pay extra $ to have the 2yrs extra.

chrispy, u might want to take note on a point which i overlooked. Courts may be offering their tv prices slightly more expensive ($100-$200 more) than Best Denki, they cover DEAD PIXELS issue which Samsung's warranty & Best Denki's extended wty doesn't. now i'm praying our tv comes in a complete, no defects package... *cross fingers* Dead pixels can drive you up the wall...to me or rather... :furious:

chrispy, u might want to take note on a point which i overlooked. Courts may be offering their tv prices slightly more expensive ($100-$200 more) than Best Denki, they cover DEAD PIXELS issue which Samsung's warranty & Best Denki's extended wty doesn't. now i'm praying our tv comes in a complete, no defects package... *cross fingers* Dead pixels can drive you up the wall...to me or rather... :)

hi shay_d

got warranty still nv cover dead pixel??? how come like tat? when dead pixel they cant be corrected by their software and can seen by us is definetly a defect liao and i think we shld be able to change it one. mayb this weekend will drop by best denki to check it out... haha duno by my turn to buy will drop to 2k below or not... :unsure:

hi shay_d

got warranty still nv cover dead pixel??? how come like tat? when dead pixel they cant be corrected by their software and can seen by us is definetly a defect liao and i think we shld be able to change it one. mayb this weekend will drop by best denki to check it out... haha duno by my turn to buy will drop to 2k below or not... :unsure:

its already stated in the wty card... :) under the "THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT COVERED THIS WARRANTY" clause n) DEAD PIXEL OR THE BURNT MARKS.

i see that i dui.... if not i'll stick with my purchase from Courts....

prices quoted by the store near KFC is much better and the lady boss, Gina is very friendly too. dino was eyeing Mitsubitshi Folio (Titanium) and the price offered is also better than what she got over @ Mandai. even the price for Rinnai hob & hood got my eyes popping out... :good:

That shop's name is ALP if I remember correctly. I went there too before going to Tai Sin, but was quite dissapointed becasue they have scaled back on their shop area (now half the shop sublet to a handphone shop) and more importantly, cut back on their range of LCD TVs! I only recall seeing Akira brand whereas last time they carry Samsung and other brands as well... :)

I have ever bought things from them before and must say that they are indeed very friendly people.

Probably the Tai Sin staff saw my "gian" look when I saw the Hitachi TV offer and knew that he can invest in some PR time to go for an easy kill.... :P But I don't really mind all these sales tactics lah. Bottomline is that they must give me a good price! They did and I am still very pleased with my purchase yesterday :unsure:

Hi tension_z,

I just saw the 40" R81 at Best Denki (Ngee Ann City) selling at $2,999 last week. :good:

Best Denki was also throwing in an additional 2 yr warranty on top of the 3 yrs Samsung provides. So 5 yrs warranty! :unsure:

Decided to get it from Best Denki instead of Everjoint coz of the 5 yr warranty. :)

Hi Tension_z,

I hope all these additional info is not making you any more confused on which LCD TV to buy. Let me see if the following inputs will be of better help:

1. You may note that most people are going for 37" LCD TV and this may be a much sensible choice. I do regret a bit getting the 40" LCD as it may prove to be too big for my small TV area!

2. If you like a LCD TV that is both functional and decorative, the Samsung R81 series is the best bet. The offer quoted by Bethel is so far the best at $2099 (with 5 years warranty)

4. If you like a better balance of design, quality and price then the Hitachi model at Ngee Ann best Denki is obviously the best buy at $1599! BTW, this is not an old clearance model, it has some of the best specs among the latest LCD TVs!

Whichever model you chose, I am sure you will be happy with your decision!

OK...I better keep quiet now and let you decide :P

Edited by gadgetman

That shop's name is ALP if I remember correctly. I went there too before going to Tai Sin, but was quite dissapointed becasue they have scaled back on their shop area (now half the shop sublet to a handphone shop) and more importantly, cut back on their range of LCD TVs! I only recall seeing Akira brand whereas last time they carry Samsung and other brands as well... :good:

I have ever bought things from them before and must say that they are indeed very friendly people.

Probably the Tai Sin staff saw my "gian" look when I saw the Hitachi TV offer and knew that he can invest in some PR time to go for an easy kill.... :P But I don't really mind all these sales tactics lah. Bottomline is that they must give me a good price! They did and I am still very pleased with my purchase yesterday :unsure:

u're right..they've scaled down on the shop size and a lot of Akira tv indeed..but they definitely did not scale down on the products. dino & ms_white went in with their list of items and got the lady boss to scan down the prices one by one.

Tai Sin's 1st impression given by one of the salesman was actually pretty good...but this evening's sales auntie (not the boss), cannot make it. :) again, it depends on luck! what matters most now is indeed price... *pocket big hole*