Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Oic, thanks for the quick reply. wow, your aircon coming soon.. Hmm, meaning

your painting works will be done by mon? I'm also getting an inverter..didn't really

went to compare prices. Heard pretty gd reviews about Natural cool so just went

ahead since my ID can coordinate with them for me.

Most prob I will come on sat as hdb arranging the cement screed that day.

Want to make sure they do a gd job. Perhaps you can let me know wat time

you are going down to your house? Will drop by if i'm free on sun.

Thanks~~ :thumbs up:

Hi Yeoman,

Perhaps we can exchange hp number. Will msg u when I go down to my hse. Or u can check w me if you are around the area. I need to bring some stuff to my hse on Sun.

Usually aircon, we will request for them to make 2 trips. One is to do the piping. One to do the installation. Once piping up, you can get your ID to arrange for the painting to be done. Dun worry abt dirtying your walls during installation as the first coat of paint may not be perfect. Must ensure you chk with PI's eye cos for mine, I saw some "tear like" coat on some part of the wall and told my ID to touchup.

As for the aircon, I think the price difference can be few hundreds. My source also through natural cool. But my ID told me cos they dun get much inverter aircons from Natural Cool, their price may not be competitive. If your piping not done, you still have time to source around.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi neighbours..

For those who have moved in, do you'll see book lice around the house?

Esp on carpentry or floor...

realised that my house is quite humid so such book lice start coming... !!

Wonder if any of u experience this problem or is it just my carpentry.

Or you can call the main contractor who in charge of our block cement's screed to harass him. If you want, i can PM you his hp. :yamseng:

The main contractor seems quite "yaya"(conceited).

His name is something like Ah Di. He says if

the house is not ready to put in the sand etc or

not cleared, he will then skip my unit and go to the next.

I mean he didn't inform in the first place when he is going

to put in the sand etc, how would I know when he is coming

and then inform my ID. As such my screeding is delayed by

another day..

Apparently he is much nasty to my ID who requested for

early screeding. He said as long as he do it within a stipulated

timeframe from the date of submission of our screeding, he is

not in the wrong. If want to expedite, get our own contractor to

do ourself.. !!

Hearing this I'm quite fed up. He better do a good job if not I will

definitely bring this up to HDB.. Talking about s'pore service standard,

he is definitely one who brings it down :yamseng:

Hi Yeoman,

Perhaps we can exchange hp number. Will msg u when I go down to my hse. Or u can check w me if you are around the area. I need to bring some stuff to my hse on Sun.

Usually aircon, we will request for them to make 2 trips. One is to do the piping. One to do the installation. Once piping up, you can get your ID to arrange for the painting to be done. Dun worry abt dirtying your walls during installation as the first coat of paint may not be perfect. Must ensure you chk with PI's eye cos for mine, I saw some "tear like" coat on some part of the wall and told my ID to touchup.

As for the aircon, I think the price difference can be few hundreds. My source also through natural cool. But my ID told me cos they dun get much inverter aircons from Natural Cool, their price may not be competitive. If your piping not done, you still have time to source around.

Thanks for the advise. Actually my aircon piping is already done.

So 2nd trip will be to install the aircons only. You have pm~~

Can't say if allowed or not, but I think this is a bit risky. If later need to open the access panel, you will have to move or cut up the cabinet.

In the first place, don't know why your ID agreed to this. Suggest to get your ID to change.

Thanks a_star, I will see any other way to prevent that. :sport-smiley-018:

Hi Jacky

thank you for droping by...nice to know another great neighbour...fm the start even b4 my reno u've been very helpful with my questions . hehe finally we get to meet. glad i didnt have much things to complain to my id....hope i didnt waste ur time hehe..anyway hope to see ur reno soon...

hi neighbours,

i was reading my own posting and realised that i might offend ppl with wat ive said above. I have no intention to offend anyone. Especially those having issues with reno process. Im really sorry if I did...i didnt mean it...

hi neighbours,

i was reading my own posting and realised that i might offend ppl with wat ive said above. I have no intention to offend anyone. Especially those having issues with reno process. Im really sorry if I did...i didnt mean it...

Hi Liana

Dun think anyone will feel offended lah. Must remember to invite me to view your hse when it's ready.

For the rest who has visited my house b4, must invite me to view ur hse as well.

Gd luck to all renovating now.

Hi Yeoman,

when did you submit the cement screeding form to branch office? Just want to gauge when they will come and do my house... :notti:

:bleah:

I submitted more than 4 weeks I think..

Must call the contractor to chase. if not

the HDB officer..

Gd Luck :dancingqueen:

Hi neighbours..

realised that my house is quite humid so such book lice start coming... :dancingqueen:

I was wondering what is booklice until I googled for it. Dun think I have this problem. Maybe I shld start looking out for it.

http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2080.html

Common Name Scientific Name

Booklice

Booklice, known as paper lice, may crawl in large numbers over stored papers, books, walls, furniture, and other materials in damp, warm, undisturbed areas in buildings especially during the spring and summer months. Sometimes they are found in newly-constructed dwellings containing uncured green lumber or plastered walls. They feed on microscopic mold and mildew associated with high-humidity conditions. Outdoor species are called barklice since they are found under tree bark or leaves. They do not bite humans or animals, spread disease, or damage household furnishings. However, skin irritation may occur on some sensitive individuals.

Identification

Booklice (psocids) are minute, soft-bodied, transparent to grayish-white insects about 1/32 to 3/16 inch (1 to 4 mm) long, usually wingless, and may go unnoticed. It is helpful to use a hand lens and flashlight for detection. They resemble lice in size, but are not in the same order as true lice. The head and abdomen appear large, while the thorax (midsection) is narrow. The antennae are long, threadlike, and segmented. Some have chewing mouthparts and large eyes that protrude from the sides of the head. The young appear almost colorless, becoming more opaque with age. They run along exposed surfaces in a jerky, halting manner, and sometimes appear to hop. Outdoor psocids may be winged or wingless. If winged, they are weak fliers and hold the wings in a roof-like position over the body when at rest.

Hi neighbours..

realised that my house is quite humid so such book lice start coming... :dancingqueen:

Hi Bethel,

do you keep a lot of books (old books), old photographs albums?

Did u see this on the carpentary wood or in ur books? If those r in ur books, it is not the reno. fault.

I think so far I didn't experience that in new house (haven't move in).

Used to have that in old house, threw away all the old books, no more already.

=)

hi neighbours,

Does it sound offending? :bleah: Dun think so la.. :notti:

Anyway, your neighbour opposite has already started

their reno.. You can rest assured now..

I think my neighbour opposite is the only unit in our

floor who has not started anything.. Hope they will

start soon.. :D

Anyway, what time is your "open house" scheduled

on sat? I will be at my unit too to see the cement screeding

Perhaps we can exchange contact via pm too. :dancingqueen:

I was wondering what is booklice until I googled for it. Dun think I have this problem. Maybe I shld start looking out for it.

http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2080.html

Common Name Scientific Name

Booklice

Booklice, known as paper lice, may crawl in large numbers over stored papers, books, walls, furniture, and other materials in damp, warm, undisturbed areas in buildings especially during the spring and summer months. Sometimes they are found in newly-constructed dwellings containing uncured green lumber or plastered walls. They feed on microscopic mold and mildew associated with high-humidity conditions. Outdoor species are called barklice since they are found under tree bark or leaves. They do not bite humans or animals, spread disease, or damage household furnishings. However, skin irritation may occur on some sensitive individuals.

Identification

Booklice (psocids) are minute, soft-bodied, transparent to grayish-white insects about 1/32 to 3/16 inch (1 to 4 mm) long, usually wingless, and may go unnoticed. It is helpful to use a hand lens and flashlight for detection. They resemble lice in size, but are not in the same order as true lice. The head and abdomen appear large, while the thorax (midsection) is narrow. The antennae are long, threadlike, and segmented. Some have chewing mouthparts and large eyes that protrude from the sides of the head. The young appear almost colorless, becoming more opaque with age. They run along exposed surfaces in a jerky, halting manner, and sometimes appear to hop. Outdoor psocids may be winged or wingless. If winged, they are weak fliers and hold the wings in a roof-like position over the body when at rest.

wow very informative..

:dancingqueen:

it is warm heartening to receive many PM after I posted my reno. experience. Thanks neighbours.

see u all this sat.

we will be looking at:

1) hollow tiles (how to check), to hear the difference between hollow tiles and normal tiles. on what is acceptable and what is not.

2) Laminated flooring feel. The workmanship of skirtings

3) Carpentary workmanship acceptance level.

ie how big should the gap joint be?

the silicone usage

the acceptable level after touch up on how it should or should not look like.

The cabinets, drawers roller, how smooth/rough it should be.

Drilled holes look.

4) Those who want to see the effect after hacking, just to let you know that I have hacked part of the bedroom 1 to make a small walk in wardrobe. Just a small 2 sets of 4 ft WIW, so don't expect something wonderous but good for those to view if they are still deciding WIW.

5) Aircon box up (this one quite nice), piping all conceal, can come and see see.

6) Bomb shelter feature wall workmanship and built-in shoe cabinet, see how the backing is like. to decide if it should be filmsy or sturdy,

see my slanted door, and see if it acceptable. if this doesn't look like how ur home door, mine will be a defect yea.

7) Other misc things which we can discuss like your quotation, where to buy ur electrical etc...

I am not expert here but guess many neighbours' head are better than one, good for those who have finished renovating to share your experience or still in the process of renovation.

we can learn and get to know one another.

PS I am not an insurance agent or whatever sales person,

I am just a normal woman who have been renovating for a looong time.

(= /)

Place would be quite dusty as my house is still in the defects rectification stage, those who want to bring baby, little children not advisable. I love children but they come another time, ya.

=) Cheers.

I submitted more than 4 weeks I think..

Must call the contractor to chase. if not

the HDB officer..

Gd Luck :sport-smiley-003:

Wah Piang! 4 Weeks!!! :jawdrop::bangwall:

I can't wait 4 weeks man... I just called that Ah Di fellow... He said he doesn't have the schedule with him just now... ask me to call him back tonight... Will see what he say later... I've already submitted the form 2 wks ago... 8|

My ID can't wait for the cement screeding in the bedrooms already... He will start laying the tiles in the living/ kitchen/ toilets from Thurs onwards...

Hopefully everything goes well and there are no clashes...

Does it sound offending? :bangwall: Dun think so la.. !!

Anyway, your neighbour opposite has already started

their reno.. You can rest assured now..

I think my neighbour opposite is the only unit in our

floor who has not started anything.. Hope they will

start soon.. :jawdrop:

Anyway, what time is your "open house" scheduled

on sat? I will be at my unit too to see the cement screeding

Perhaps we can exchange contact via pm too. :sport-smiley-003:

My neighbour opp also the only unit that has not started renovation=(

it is warm heartening to receive many PM after I posted my reno. experience. Thanks neighbours.

Hi tension_z,

Glad that you can find support in this forum, ask, read, learn more then go confront your ID if he or sub-con tries to smoke you in order to avoid doing retifications. Hope that in the end, all will turn out fine for you.

Wah Piang! 4 Weeks!:bangwall: !! :sport-smiley-003:

I can't wait 4 weeks man... I just called that Ah Di fellow... He said he doesn't have the schedule with him just now... ask me to call him back tonight... Will see what he say later... I've already submitted the form 2 wks ago... :jawdrop:

My ID can't wait for the cement screeding in the bedrooms already... He will start laying the tiles in the living/ kitchen/ toilets from Thurs onwards...

Hopefully everything goes well and there are no clashes...

Hi Shivan,

In a way it's good to lay living/dining tiles before the bedrooms are screed. This is so that it is easier to get a living/dining floor that is leveled and higher than the kitchen. Also easier to check that the HDB people have screed the 3 rooms to the same level.