Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hey Bethel,

i think 2 play safe, its better 4 u 2 check thoroughly on all ur carpentry.

:sport-smiley-003:

Hey alister,

u can apply for Professor or even Doctorate liao.

:bangwall:

Hey Liana79B,

offended? who who? Mi mi?

Aniway, i like ur dark grey/black coloured wall **** rm. Save alot $ on feature wall.

!!

Hey rachel79,

- there many options of not totally concealing e service duct access panel.

-- eg1. xtend e cabinet outwards, flush with wall. (top cabinet normally is 300mm deep, xtend e portion near e duct 450mm or 600mm) Internally, provide opening, externally, cabinet door.

-- eg2. cut short e length of top cabinet. Dis wil look wierd. Can coverup e access panel with backing pcs which is detachable in case need 2 open up e access panel. But there mus hav working space for maintenance between e acces panel & e nearest top cabinet.

:jawdrop:

Edited by jaCKY777

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Wah Piang! 4 Weeks!:bangwall: !! :sport-smiley-003:

I can't wait 4 weeks man... I just called that Ah Di fellow... He said he doesn't have the schedule with him just now... ask me to call him back tonight... Will see what he say later... I've already submitted the form 2 wks ago... :dribble:

My ID can't wait for the cement screeding in the bedrooms already... He will start laying the tiles in the living/ kitchen/ toilets from Thurs onwards...

Hopefully everything goes well and there are no clashes...

Hi shivan,

my contractor actually prefer the cement screeding to be done only after the living room tiles are done. He said this way, the HDB screeding will follow their height.. easier for them.. :jawdrop:

But, it is correct to call the Ah-Di. Coz only afte calling him, then my appt is scheduled! I waited 2 weeks.. no news.. after calling him, got response 1 week later.. 8|

Hi shivan,

my contractor actually prefer the cement screeding to be done only after the living room tiles are done. He said this way, the HDB screeding will follow their height.. easier for them.. :bleah:

But, it is correct to call the Ah-Di. Coz only afte calling him, then my appt is scheduled! I waited 2 weeks.. no news.. after calling him, got response 1 week later.. :notti:

this ah di ar...aiyo...he also gave my id and us headache also...first time call my hubby say he dun have our padlock key, then call him second time, he say found already...then, say wanna bring sand up 1 day, in the end my id say never bring up...then, dunno which day, suddenly call my hubby say he's outside the house but cannot open the door because we are using number lock...then put the sand already, so long never come and do the screeding...then, when they wanna do the screeding, he called my hubby say the sand not enough because our id use their sand and say what they cannot take from downstairs and want my id to take the sand up...when my id ask, they say where got cannot take...

headache lah...but at least mine is done already...quite ok lor...

and they never ask about kopi $$$...

:bleah:

this ah di ar...aiyo...he also gave my id and us headache also...first time call my hubby say he dun have our padlock key, then call him second time, he say found already...then, say wanna bring sand up 1 day, in the end my id say never bring up...then, dunno which day, suddenly call my hubby say he's outside the house but cannot open the door because we are using number lock...then put the sand already, so long never come and do the screeding...then, when they wanna do the screeding, he called my hubby say the sand not enough because our id use their sand and say what they cannot take from downstairs and want my id to take the sand up...when my id ask, they say where got cannot take...

headache lah...but at least mine is done already...quite ok lor...

and they never ask about kopi $$$...

:rofl:

hmm... what about the sand for the tiling works in the living/dining/kitchen/etc...? Who will bring up the sand? This is part of the haulage fees that we pay right? 8|

lol... i agree that this ah-di is very yaya. But, if u tolong him and tell him u need to rush, he will try to arrange something for u. For my case, he just brought up the sands today and will start work next week. Hope he will do a good job.

hmm... what about the sand for the tiling works in the living/dining/kitchen/etc...? Who will bring up the sand? This is part of the haulage fees that we pay right? :rofl:

From my knowledge, my contractor called the bangladesh and they will bring the sands up. They still ask my contractor how many lorries of sand needed. 8|

Thanks for all the replies on the book lice.....

realised i'm the only one who has it.... :deal:

It's quite hard to spot...at first glance it looks like a speck of dust, then when that speck starts moving..then i realised it's book lice...

i dun hv many books in the house...farny thing is they dun appear near my few books...

They can appear on my toilet vanity top, on the toilet floor, on my desk, on the wall, in the wardrobe....

And it's not a big group crawling together, it's usually 1 or 2 here and there...

From Alister's info, looks like they also can be found in "newly-constructed dwellings containing uncured green lumber or plastered walls". You guys should start looking out for them...they are small but irritating :dunno:

Heard that u need to use a dehumidifier to get rid of them, as they "feed on microscopic mold and mildew associated with high-humidity conditions". :dribble:

Hi Liana

Dun think anyone will feel offended lah. Must remember to invite me to view your hse when it's ready.

For the rest who has visited my house b4, must invite me to view ur hse as well.

Gd luck to all renovating now.

Hi Alister

of coz i wont forget to invite u!!as soon as its completed i will inform u.... :dribble:

thks!!

it is warm heartening to receive many PM after I posted my reno. experience. Thanks neighbours.

Hi Tension Z...dun forget to count me in!:dunno:

Does it sound offending? :( Dun think so la.. :bangwall:

Anyway, your neighbour opposite has already started

their reno.. You can rest assured now..

I think my neighbour opposite is the only unit in our

floor who has not started anything.. Hope they will

start soon.. :bangwall:

Anyway, what time is your "open house" scheduled

on sat? I will be at my unit too to see the cement screeding

Perhaps we can exchange contact via pm too. :deal:

im not too sure what time tension z and whoever interested would like to come by...i will be there abt 11am....how bout u???

Thanks for all the replies on the book lice.....

realised i'm the only one who has it.... :deal:

It's quite hard to spot...at first glance it looks like a speck of dust, then when that speck starts moving..then i realised it's book lice...

i dun hv many books in the house...farny thing is they dun appear near my few books...

They can appear on my toilet vanity top, on the toilet floor, on my desk, on the wall, in the wardrobe....

And it's not a big group crawling together, it's usually 1 or 2 here and there...

From Alister's info, looks like they also can be found in "newly-constructed dwellings containing uncured green lumber or plastered walls". You guys should start looking out for them...they are small but irritating :dunno:

Heard that u need to use a dehumidifier to get rid of them, as they "feed on microscopic mold and mildew associated with high-humidity conditions". :dribble:

Did u try spraying Licose, or whatever it's called? I can't recall the spelling, but my wife uses it to kill bugs in the kitchen. So it may be helpful. I can try to look up the correct spelling when I'm back in town this coming weekend.

sorry just sideline abit. Did anyone engage Master Wang from Hong Tai Ge? I was supposed to look for him for moving in dates but he cannot be contacted and it has been since march. Anyone knows anything and in the meantime, which fengshui master (reasonable price) is recommended if i want to get the dates for moving in, an chuan and putting the stove. Thanks!!

lol... i agree that this ah-di is very yaya. But, if u tolong him and tell him u need to rush, he will try to arrange something for u. For my case, he just brought up the sands today and will start work next week. Hope he will do a good job.

From my knowledge, my contractor called the bangladesh and they will bring the sands up. They still ask my contractor how many lorries of sand needed. :good:

ya, i saw the bangla workers bringing sand to my house that time also...

i totally agree ah di needs some sweet talking...at least that time my hubby talk nice nice to him, his attitude quite ok...

:good:

Hi all. I've been shopping for my lights and I'd like to ask, how much was your most expensive piece (e.g. living room or MBR light)?

Hi all. I've been shopping for my lights and I'd like to ask, how much was your most expensive piece (e.g. living room or MBR light)?

Hi,

The price will depend on the type of light you choose. For mine, the design I chose is less than $100 for the living room light. Whole stretch of shops in Balestier. Dun get it from the first shop you buy. You probably can get better price down the road. You can go to those bigger shops to look at the design you like then check the same or similar design at other shops for price. I bout my lights at this shop called "Lights Arcade". You can chk their price after u go to bigger shops. Personal experience shows difference of price by at least a $100. The ppl there are all quite friendly. I know nuts abt lights but they are very experience and patient to answer my queries whom to other might sound stupid

Hi Neighbours,

Just wondering if you all know what type of door bells we shld get for our house. HDB has the door bell outside the house for us but what tyoe of chimes should we be getting? They have wired and battery type. And who should we get them to install?

Hi,

The price will depend on the type of light you choose. For mine, the design I chose is less than $100 for the living room light. Whole stretch of shops in Balestier. Dun get it from the first shop you buy. You probably can get better price down the road. You can go to those bigger shops to look at the design you like then check the same or similar design at other shops for price. I bout my lights at this shop called "Lights Arcade". You can chk their price after u go to bigger shops. Personal experience shows difference of price by at least a $100. The ppl there are all quite friendly. I know nuts abt lights but they are very experience and patient to answer my queries whom to other might sound stupid

Hi Neighbours,

Just wondering if you all know what type of door bells we shld get for our house. HDB has the door bell outside the house for us but what tyoe of chimes should we be getting? They have wired and battery type. And who should we get them to install?

I'll be shopping for lights tomorrow with my ID. So exciting. :bangwall: