Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

thanks cocobibi and congee.

time check: I left tpy at 10pm plus.

yes, my last worker left at 9+ p.m.

my worker very hardworking hor.

---------------------------------------------------

i always experienced low batt when i come tpy.

low batt due to calling ID,calling the worker.

y am i doing the ID job to call worker?

--------------------------------------------------

back to my reno journey.

ID came at 5pm (promised at 2-3plus)

in his dream, he informed us that he will be late.

his own carpenter team has no idea where he was.

he packed his schedule so tight that he is always rushing.

business very good i guess.

-----------------------------------------------------------

came in about an hour, showed him the mess.

so much for the trust in his workers.

I stayed with the workers from morning till night,

I felt that it is not his workers' fault. They did what they were told.

Imagine no ID supervise the workers.

Other tilers from neighbours' house told me that I can't expect an ID to stay at my site whole day as they have other site to run,

so?

now problem spruge up.

problem as in even my MBR room can't close properly after fixing.

(this was just one of the new found defects)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

workers came, workers go..

forgetful workers, busy ID, ended up imperfect work.

5pm came, all workers stopped work for the day.

ID told me to stay till 8plus to wait for his carpenter to look at the faults.

3 hours I am doing nothing.

--------------------------------------------------------------

not all things are bad though->

SUPER DUSTY as I have mentioned earlier,

ID arranged a strange timing at 7.30pm to ask some workers to sweep the dust. heng, I was still at TPY pasam malam.

went up. after they swept, they told me stories of what is normal standard of acceptance for workmanship. I am not listening to them.

guess what they say? (these people are not my ID, heng)

-it is ok for bomb shelter door to be slanted. (???)

-it is ok to have hollow tiles (??? cannot expect 100% no hollow)

then i asked them who wants to be responsible if tiles pop up after a few years. They said ' won't one'... (cos they won't be the one responsible)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

carpenter came only at 8.45 pm.

maybe ID think I am tai-tai/housewife/jobless.

fyi, i have a job de. full time somemore.

I didn't get angry anymore, the angry juice sort of dried up.

I spent the whole day waiting for ID, waiting for carpenter,

waiting for everything.

Kudo to a worker who worked until 9+ to make things straight.

A patient malaysian. Thank you, blue shirt uncle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

maybe I should sign up for guinness record of renovating 4 rm flats for 6 months. maybe...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
thanks cocobibi and congee.

time check: I left tpy at 10pm plus.

yes, my last worker left at 9+ p.m.

my worker very hardworking hor.

---------------------------------------------------

i always experienced low batt when i come tpy.

low batt due to calling ID,calling the worker.

y am i doing the ID job to call worker?

--------------------------------------------------

back to my reno journey.

ID came at 5pm (promised at 2-3plus)

in his dream, he informed us that he will be late.

his own carpenter team has no idea where he was.

he packed his schedule so tight that he is always rushing.

business very good i guess.

-----------------------------------------------------------

came in about an hour, showed him the mess.

so much for the trust in his workers.

I stayed with the workers from morning till night,

I felt that it is not his workers' fault. They did what they were told.

Imagine no ID supervise the workers.

Other tilers from neighbours' house told me that I can't expect an ID to stay at my site whole day as they have other site to run,

so?

now problem spruge up.

problem as in even my MBR room can't close properly after fixing.

(this was just one of the new found defects)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

workers came, workers go..

forgetful workers, busy ID, ended up imperfect work.

5pm came, all workers stopped work for the day.

ID told me to stay till 8plus to wait for his carpenter to look at the faults.

3 hours I am doing nothing.

--------------------------------------------------------------

not all things are bad though->

SUPER DUSTY as I have mentioned earlier,

ID arranged a strange timing at 7.30pm to ask some workers to sweep the dust. heng, I was still at TPY pasam malam.

went up. after they swept, they told me stories of what is normal standard of acceptance for workmanship. I am not listening to them.

guess what they say? (these people are not my ID, heng)

-it is ok for bomb shelter door to be slanted. (???)

-it is ok to have hollow tiles (??? cannot expect 100% no hollow)

then i asked them who wants to be responsible if tiles pop up after a few years. They said ' won't one'... (cos they won't be the one responsible)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

carpenter came only at 8.45 pm.

maybe ID think I am tai-tai/housewife/jobless.

fyi, i have a job de. full time somemore.

I didn't get angry anymore, the angry juice sort of dried up.

I spent the whole day waiting for ID, waiting for carpenter,

waiting for everything.

Kudo to a worker who worked until 9+ to make things straight.

A patient malaysian. Thank you, blue shirt uncle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

maybe I should sign up for guinness record of renovating 4 rm flats for 6 months. maybe...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

har!:notti::(

ur renovation took 6mths!:good::dunno: no wonder u are so pissed.. which ID ar?? aiyoh.. then what is the latest status?? when will be actual handover? u know hor, i heard from someone that if the ID delay so long, u can KPKB then deduct X amount from the final payment. Dun care them.. they will accept de... a lot of ID firm are prepared to forfeit the last 10% of the payment. Coz a lot of patching work and some just forfeit so no need trouble. :(

tension_z

Please hold on to your final payment... they muz do ur defects before you give them e last payment

Not sure how much you holding but I hope e amt is big :notti:

my most expensive light is 270bucks. :notti: (MBR light)

living room was 250bucks.

Thanks. So far spent 230 for my living room and 140 for MBR. Was tempted to buy a $250 light for my MBR... and still am tempted... :good:

Anyway, where do we put the door chimes?

If you look at your flat's electrical circuit diagram, you can see where the doorbell button connects to. Mine goes to the kitchen. I guess the fuss-free decision will be to put it there.

har!:lol::lol:

ur renovation took 6mths!:sport-smiley-004::dancingqueen: no wonder u are so pissed.. which ID ar?? aiyoh.. then what is the latest status?? when will be actual handover? u know hor, i heard from someone that if the ID delay so long, u can KPKB then deduct X amount from the final payment. Dun care them.. they will accept de... a lot of ID firm are prepared to forfeit the last 10% of the payment. Coz a lot of patching work and some just forfeit so no need trouble. :)

till date it is 4 months.

but say 3 months minus off chinese new yr break.

ID told me 2 more months if to uninstall the home shelter feature wall.

maybe this sat, u guys come and see if my feature wall is acceptable?

so,3 + waiting 2 months about 5 months? HmmMmmMmmmMmm.

which ID hah? Keep his identity 1st bah.

Latest status: most of the earlier defects were done.

but found new defects.

hey, neighbours, did your toilet basin get stuck?

both my toilet basin stuck. water can't flow down.

got to get ID's plumber to do something about it.

Actual handover is always a mystery. I trust the ID, but doesn't trust his dates anymore.Heh.

I didn't expect them to compensate me as they are not the type that give excuses and dilly dally

this week only, they have got workers to come in on Mon and Wed to work from day to night.

but a lot of waiting of time in between.

my father sounded out to me that we shouldn't be the ones standing there day and night to

tell ID what the defects are, he should be the one to observe and tell the workers.

I waited for the carpenter till near 9pm just to tell him what I told the ID earlier in the day.

(still sort of pissed)

I didn't want to expect much from them now as I don't want to feel disappointed.

Sat open house still on. Take my house as a case study.

let me know if it is good/bad/comments.

I won't get hurt/offended..cos some part of my heart is numbed already.

Have a good day all.

but found new defects.

Actual handover is always a mystery. I trust the ID, but doesn't trust his dates anymore.Heh.

I didn't expect them to compensate me as they are not the type that give excuses and dilly dally

this week only, they have got workers to come in on Mon and Wed to work from day to night.

my father sounded out to me that we shouldn't be the ones standing there day and night to

tell ID what the defects are, he should be the one to observe and tell the workers.

I waited for the carpenter till near 9pm just to tell him what I told the ID earlier in the day.

(still sort of pissed)

I didn't want to expect much from them now as I don't want to feel disappointed.

Have a good day all.

Hi tension_z,

2 months to redo feature wall!:lol: Your ID is ridiculous, he's waiting for the tree to be processed into solid plywood is it? I know the carpenty orders can be done in 2-3 weeks, if rushed , can be within 1 week.

More likely is that he is busy taking on new jobs and wants to just put you off so that you may give up and accept the current feature wall. I think it's time to reveal who it is so that he can have less jobs from this forum and can focus better on all his current jobs. In a way it is for his good, better that than to have all the unsatisfied owners all complaining togther one day.

hi tension_z

my situation was aso very bad... we started reno mid of last mth.. n till now 1 mth have passed, the tiling work is still not completed yet (long story) n wif a lot of unstatisfied workmanship (he refuse to rectify the defects we found). there are a lot of things tat happen n we are really dissappointed with my ID, he keep on giving excuses why this happen tat happen n even accuse me tat i agree to someting which i didn't.... haiz... my hubby was very angry n we hv decided to terminate the contract wif them (nw trying to find their boss to tell him abt our decision).... we really can't imagine wat will happen if we still let them carry on wif our reno work.. more unsatisfied work found?? :lol:

hope tis nitemare will quickly end.... n let my husband bro to take over the reno (really regret for not letting him do my reno in the first place)... me now got no mood to select my wedding gowns tmr

but found new defects.

(still sort of pissed)

Have a good day all.

Hi tension,

Release some tension and breathe :yamseng:

Dun wish to add salt to ur wound..

Look @ it this way,at least ur ID is still

willing to rectify the defects.

Or maybe u r too perfectionist? :notti:

Anyway, can I go kaypoh ur unit this sat too?

will be dropping by at my place to see the HDB

screeding.

After that will visit my same flr neighbour Liana's

carpentry work~~

:dunno: Have a good day everyone~~

Wah Piang! 4 Weeks!:jawdrop::jawdrop::P

I can't wait 4 weeks man... I just called that Ah Di fellow... He said he doesn't have the schedule with him just now... ask me to call him back tonight... Will see what he say later... I've already submitted the form 2 wks ago... 8|

My ID can't wait for the cement screeding in the bedrooms already... He will start laying the tiles in the living/ kitchen/ toilets from Thurs onwards...

Hopefully everything goes well and there are no clashes...

Hi shivan,

So when are u scheduled for the cement screeding?

:yamseng:

Hi Alister

of coz i wont forget to invite u!!as soon as its completed i will inform u.... !!

thks!!

im not too sure what time tension z and whoever interested would like to come by...i will be there abt 11am....how bout u???

Hi Liana,

I will likely be there around 11am too.

Depending on the open house timing too. !!

cya neighbour~~ :)

hi tension_z

my situation was aso very bad... we started reno mid of last mth.. n till now 1 mth have passed, the tiling work is still not completed yet (long story) n wif a lot of unstatisfied workmanship (he refuse to rectify the defects we found). there are a lot of things tat happen n we are really dissappointed with my ID, he keep on giving excuses why this happen tat happen n even accuse me tat i agree to someting which i didn't.... haiz... my hubby was very angry n we hv decided to terminate the contract wif them (nw trying to find their boss to tell him abt our decision).... we really can't imagine wat will happen if we still let them carry on wif our reno work.. more unsatisfied work found?? !!

hope tis nitemare will quickly end.... n let my husband bro to take over the reno (really regret for not letting him do my reno in the first place)... me now got no mood to select my wedding gowns tmr

Hi skywu,

my reno also started 1 mth ago and still doing the floor now. But cant blame my contractor. Coz did some hacking, hence need HDB approval. I had to extend a waterpipe to my living room also, for a sink.. hence, those also need more coordination !!

hope our reno will all progress fast .. btw, who is ur ID?

hihi,

i also want to kpo kpo... any house to kpo after 5pm on sat? i am working until 5pm... by the time i reach tpy already 5.30pm...

Hi Neighbours...Shall we do it this way....

Those interested to go house hopping....we shall meet at tensionz's place at 11am then we decide there and then whose hse to go next.....

Mrs Png....hmmm im not sure if im still ard there at that time but u cld pm me ur contact no and i can call you if im still around.....u can come by my place to have a look if u want

one by one ah.

again I want to say it is heart warming to hear neighbours' support.

carelinwen, I checked out with capenter. yes, my ID is ridiculous when he said 2 months. I hope 2 months is the longest time that I need to wait or earlier. If he tell me 2 weeks, then can't commit, I will also be angry. So this part, just give and take.

Something about this is I do not want to rush them or whatever.

I have a new bed which ID arranged to be delivered when it is still defects' rectification cos' he said I rushed him.

My bed was bought during expo, a month after I signed contract with the ID firm. That was Dec. If April, I still don't get the bed, the bed company may start charging me warehouse holding fee.

Who is going to bear? U may say, let ID bear.

On the surface, ID may bear, then ID may charge you somewhere else

(out of nowhere), neighbours, we must remember that the contract quotation amount is not the final yet.

It will still add on.

right on, I am still hopeful, so not necessary to reveal the ID firm.

all i can say is they are quite popular in expo home deco show.

Any Blk A 5 roomers did your air con trunking already? I've having trouble thinking of how to run the trunking in my living room when there's a huge beam running across the whole living room. :dancingqueen:

Even my ID also say it is quite a headache. I'm trying to arrange my air con contractor to come down and take a look first but in the meanwhile tot if there is any kind neighbour who has already done the trunking maybe can enlighten me how did you do yours. :P

:notti:

hi tension_z

my situation was aso very bad... we started reno mid of last mth.. n till now 1 mth have passed, the tiling work is still not completed yet (long story) n wif a lot of unstatisfied workmanship (he refuse to rectify the defects we found). there are a lot of things tat happen n we are really dissappointed with my ID, he keep on giving excuses why this happen tat happen n even accuse me tat i agree to someting which i didn't.... haiz... my hubby was very angry n we hv decided to terminate the contract wif them (nw trying to find their boss to tell him abt our decision).... we really can't imagine wat will happen if we still let them carry on wif our reno work.. more unsatisfied work found?? :dancingqueen:

skywu, can I view ur house this Sat? you might tell me your long story when we meet, we see if it is normal.

what are the type of defects you found, share with us here, we can tell you if this is normal as well.

Did anything you agree is on black and white?

Even though my ID firm is pissing me off now and then, they have a proper black and white procedure to record defects and the materials owner choose.

how much have u paid this company?

see what we can help u here =)

Hi yeoman

that's right. at least my ID is willing to rectify the defects, that is y i didn't reveal their ID co. Still patiently waiting for the final product.

You can come over to my house to decide if I am a perfectionist =)

Good ones u must say, Bad ones as well.

we can learn from one another.

No one can protect us except ourselves.

even if same trade ID, won't comment much as they don't want to spoil market.

cheers.

see u this sat, 11am. PM me for my unit.

Hi Neighbours...Shall we do it this way....

Those interested to go house hopping....we shall meet at tensionz's place at 11am then we decide there and then whose hse to go next.....

Mrs Png....hmmm im not sure if im still ard there at that time but u cld pm me ur contact no and i can call you if im still around.....u can come by my place to have a look if u want

ok set. 11a.m at my house, then decide the next house.

Neigbours, pls bring own water bottles. No fridge in my house, hence no drinks provided. HAHA.

I think a lot of talking will be taking place.

we make this a good learning journey ya?