Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi, anyone has clothes dryer in the kitchen? Planning to have one to put on top of the washer but not sure if the height is sufficient 'cos there is a clothes hanger at the back of the kitchen.

For those that have storage heater, where do u place it?

Wasted that I can't join in the house-hopping and miss the chance to know u neighbours. Keep me informed if there's another 'hopping' chance ok ;) My flat's at 79E.

The washer+dryer+base will come to about 1.75-1.8m so depends on your unit's layout. I have seen some units with lower clothes hanger because of the beam in the kitchen. The washer and dryer can fir but may take up 1/3 - 1/2 the length of the hanger (when placed under it), so some of us remove it totally.

Edited by carelinwen

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all,

I was sick and sleeping whole afternnon on Sat, couldn't join the house hopping but when I popped by in the evening with HB to check on the main door retification, I saw some of you guys at your end point at B's lvl 1 lift lobby. Hope those whom we did not know but saw us waving didn't think we were siao.

The issue of buying things with your ID is very true, I went hunting at Jalan Besar yesterday and was at Poh Joo. (met Shivan there!). The lady attending to us admitted that had we come with ID, pricing will be definately be more.

Also discovered that the pricing at Jalan Besar is so much better than Balestier shops. For example a sink (normal China type) I was eyeing was quoted about $30 difference. The same hob+oven was about $240 difference. But of course the displays lose out to those at Balestier.

Now I am determined to go Jln Besar/Kelantan Lane for lights and toilet stuff, got direct bus 139 from TPY central, just as convenient. So for those that have not bought their stuff, you can spend one day walking down Balestier to see, then jolt down codes/prices/dimensions/drawings etc, then go check out Jln Besar.

Hi Liana,

I will be doing Blum kichen too, HB and I would like to visit your place today so we'll know what to expect and ask for. Can PM me your unit?

Hi carelinwen,

Has your reno started already? I bought all our toilet accessories from Poh Joo, based on K recommendation. The price wise not sure is it really cheaper then other places but the only good thing is that he will coordinate with the delivery and if there are any items spoilt, he will help us to get an exchange.

;)

Hi all,

I was sick and sleeping whole afternnon on Sat, couldn't join the house hopping but when I popped by in the evening with HB to check on the main door retification, I saw some of you guys at your end point at B's lvl 1 lift lobby. Hope those whom we did not know but saw us waving didn't think we were siao.

The issue of buying things with your ID is very true, I went hunting at Jalan Besar yesterday and was at Poh Joo. (met Shivan there!). The lady attending to us admitted that had we come with ID, pricing will be definately be more.

Also discovered that the pricing at Jalan Besar is so much better than Balestier shops. For example a sink (normal China type) I was eyeing was quoted about $30 difference. The same hob+oven was about $240 difference. But of course the displays lose out to those at Balestier.

Now I am determined to go Jln Besar/Kelantan Lane for lights and toilet stuff, got direct bus 139 from TPY central, just as convenient. So for those that have not bought their stuff, you can spend one day walking down Balestier to see, then jolt down codes/prices/dimensions/drawings etc, then go check out Jln Besar.

Hi Liana,

I will be doing Blum kichen too, HB and I would like to visit your place today so we'll know what to expect and ask for. Can PM me your unit?

Hi carelinwen

u may want to check the bathrm accessories at tis shop at tpy lor 2.

actually brought most of bathrm and kitchen accessories at balestier but miss out a few.

went to tis shop at lor 2 on Yel's recommendation.

quality looks almost the same as wat i get from balestier but cheaper.

even though i purchased only 4items, they also delivered to me.

shop is at blk 206 - if u wan to know full addr and co's name pm me.

Hi Liana,

can pm me your unit and contact#.

might drop by today.

;)

I guess my patience level has been taken advantage of.

Arranged to meet plumber to solve my choked toilet basin last Friday.

ID told me plumber to come at 10.30 a.m today

I went at 10 am in case plumber came early,

then can finish early so that I can go off to work.

But I wasn't hoping that they will come early la.

I called up ID at 9am just to double confirm with him,

in case his plumber forget/caught in the jam, whatever reason.

I also told him I have to leave latest by 12 noon.

(already extend time from my boss, cos official time to report today ia 1130am) ID said he will call plumber up.

given normal timing,

10.30 am to 12 can clear duno how many basins...right?

I was so wrong!

The waiting game started when it is 1045am, no one came.

I called ID, he didn't pick up.

Nvermind, I wait.

while waiting, I take my time to take my defects photo.

and even got the time to make the defects into a PowerPoint.

This was originally to send to the main ID, asst ID

to tell them clearly where and what my defects were.

I don't want to risk anymore miscommunication,

too much time wasted.

So, if my patience is being tested somemore,

maybe it will be shared for your case study.

The plumber finally reached at 11.55 am.

And I need to leave at 12 noon.

What to do.

Take leave again.

To some people, you might have exploded on the spot.

I know it is not the plumber's fault,

he told me he just got to know about the job.

Nice one, ID.

I am optimistic. (good or bad?)

At least someone came down?

Zzzz....

Plumber told me there were some rocks/stones in the MBR basin pipe,

got to find another person to solve this problem.

(at least he is telling me the truth)

wonder what my workers do to the basin.

be calm...

(already extend time from my boss, cos official time to report today ia 1130am) ID said he will call plumber up.

given normal timing,

I was so wrong!

Nvermind, I wait.

too much time wasted.

What to do.

Take leave again.

Nice one, ID.

Zzzz....

be calm...

Tension_z...if it was me, I would have insisted the ID + assistant to come down and wait for the plumber and ensure the work done, you knock off work then come give final approval...let them go... its time to give them a taste of what you have gone through. :horse:

Suggest you gotta get the ID to get pple to clear the stone / cement. Many a times the workers used the basin to clean their stuff and some cements are being poured into the toilet bowl / sink. Better get them to check thoroughly.

Edited by howlupjac

given normal timing,

I was so wrong!

Nvermind, I wait.

too much time wasted.

What to do.

Take leave again.

Nice one, ID.

Zzzz....

be calm...

Wah!! Sound like a irresponsible ID to me. Actually the ID should be the one who should be there waiting for the plumper. Not you..

Sure hope such thing no happen to me.

Edited by alexneock

Hi all,

Thanks Carelinwen for doing all the ground work yesterday and sharing with me that they are 1 of the lowest. I didn't even bother going anyway else. I also got most of the things from them... :good: Did you know that the lady that attended to us is the boss's daughter! :horse:

Hi carelinwen,

Has your reno started already? I bought all our toilet accessories from Poh Joo, based on K recommendation. The price wise not sure is it really cheaper then other places but the only good thing is that he will coordinate with the delivery and if there are any items spoilt, he will help us to get an exchange.

:horse:

Redwyrm,

Actually we saw K with a couple when we were down at Poh Joo, that's was why I ask the lady about the issue of coming with ID... But we did not talk to him because he's with his client mah. Hee hee, opps, there goes his cut! I only went to the branch that's opened on Sunday but did not really see any toilet accessories that caught my eye. If I can save $50 to a hundred, I don't mind coordinating delivery by myself, it's just a few phone calls.

Thanks Carelinwen for doing all the ground work yesterday and sharing with me that they are 1 of the lowest. I didn't even bother going anyway else. I also got most of the things from them... :good: Did you know that the lady that attended to us is the boss's daughter! :horse:

You're welcome. Wah, dunno it's young mistress leh, my hubby was the one who went to get someone to attend to us. Are you replacing toilet bowls, did you get from them? I have not decided to which to buy leh.

These 2-3 weekends we've have been going ard balestier and asking for quotes lor - I ate bak ku teh every week !! . Our ID mentioned that Poh Joo is the cheapest but we have never check them out until yesterday. But in a way that's good loh, at least now I am sure that their quote is reasonable.

Hi girls,

I am thinking of doing a jewellery compartment in my wardrobe. It will look something like those tie compartment where 1/3 of it will holds my hubby's watches and 2/3 will be containing my rings, earrings, necklaces and braclets. Saw an online website selling the Black Velvet trays for jewellery. Anyone interested? hehe :horse:

You're welcome. Wah, dunno it's young mistress leh, my hubby was the one who went to get someone to attend to us. Are you replacing toilet bowls, did you get from them? I have not decided to which to buy leh.

These 2-3 weekends we've have been going ard balestier and asking for quotes lor - I ate bak ku teh every week !! . Our ID mentioned that Poh Joo is the cheapest but we have never check them out until yesterday. But in a way that's good loh, at least now I am sure that their quote is reasonable.

Yes, I'm replacing the toilet bowls and i got from them also... Spent so much yesterday! !!

broke broke broke... :good:

Still left a few things haven't bought yet... Kitchen sink, kitchen mixer, both toilets basin, toilets accessories and lights!:horse: !!

Yes, I'm replacing the toilet bowls and i got from them also... Spent so much yesterday! !!

broke broke broke... :good:

Still left a few things haven't bought yet... Kitchen sink, kitchen mixer, both toilets basin, toilets accessories and lights!:horse: !!

Can PM me the brand, model and price of your toilet bowls?

Scary hor, my things to buy list is growing and growing and the amount is overshooting my budget. Have to slowly slowly buy....

liana, i can understand totally how u feel.

for the lights shop, u r not in the wrong. U have the right to ask them to come. May I know did u pay the lights in full before they deliver?

did ur buy the lights on ur own?

for me, i bought my lights with my ID,

though everything is somewhat more expensive than other shops,

but ID assured me that lights will be up and

his electrician will receive the delivery on my behalf, so for me no such problem.

I have heard of people buying spoilt lights, shop say replacement is free, so they deliver down but they charge for transportation which is $30, imagine if only 1 downlight is not working, then u pay $30, isnt this more ex than the light?

cool down liana, i think most of us will be around on sats.. hah.

if u are waiting for delivery, plan to do other things as well, maybe house hopping, or something else.

u know, at 1st, on sat my carpenter told me he will reach my house at 1030a.m I reached at 1015am, waited till 1045am, also see no one.

I called him up, he said he is buying some stuff, his workers should be on the way.

they reached at 12.30 eventually. I thought they will come at 1030,so I think by 1pm they should finish their work, so I can house hop.

But sometimes they just cant helpto be late.

I ever waited for my ID for 4 hours before..zzz

so I took that 2 hours to shop around TPY loh or makan, go library read books, then u wont feel so angry.

I think I am more lucky. Today the electrician came to fix my lights. Luckily my hubby went early cos he came before 9.30am when his appt is in fact 10am. But he was very patient when fixing the lights. The lighting shops forgot to include this thing (dun know what's its called but supposed to control how many bulbs you want to switch on). My hubby told him abt it and he called the lighting shop to check. To our surprise, the lighting shop boss came down with the parts within an hour and the lights were fixed without further delay. Something unexpected but good to see the shop having good attitude.

Tension_z...if it was me, I would have insisted the ID + assistant to come down and wait for the plumber and ensure the work done, you knock off work then come give final approval...let them go... its time to give them a taste of what you have gone through. :horse:

Suggest you gotta get the ID to get pple to clear the stone / cement. Many a times the workers used the basin to clean their stuff and some cements are being poured into the toilet bowl / sink. Better get them to check thoroughly.

initially, it was like this. ID stayed to co-ordinate for the things. Electrical and all, so it is ok.

As it was just the plumber coming, I thought I just see it myself.

I asked ID on Friday, he said he wont be here since plumber is just checking the basin pipe.

so ok loh.

initially, it was like this. ID stayed to co-ordinate for the things. Electrical and all, so it is ok.

As it was just the plumber coming, I thought I just see it myself.

I asked ID on Friday, he said he wont be here since plumber is just checking the basin pipe.

so ok loh.

My ID highlighted that the workers will usually throw the debris into the toilet bowl. At the end of it, the workers will use their hands to clear anything that are stuck on the pipe.