Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

hmmm... i sense some hidden meaning here.... do u mean "please play with me.. coz i need extra cash" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I am using Bellari.. hehe... but havent move in la... look nice :D

and yes.. i love their service... :notti::notti:

So u manage to change ur laminates floor ar?? hmm tomorrow i will go to her place look see look see... :D

hope it is not too bad ...

Yup..I was there to supervise..initially the workers suggested to patch up with colour silicon.

But i insist(FOC mah) to change to prevent water from seeping in.

Spent thousands of dollars already.

Do not want any problems arising and regret later.. :notti:

Hi Neighbours....

In case ur wondering...im the one with the scratches problem...hehe..thanks Meowie for asking on my behalf...

Im close to handover and things start to turn out really bad...frustrating...in fact i argued with my designer abt this...im still holding on to the final payment...

Im not sure if im too 'difficult' or petty over the scratches issues but i felt that ive not moved in yet so why shld i accept those scratches when it can be prevented from the start...the workers did not care abt the tiles but i do coz we are paying for it!!

According to them they changed some of the tiles already but i still see a lot of scratches...my living room tiles is off white glossy so the scratches are more visible under light reflection...as for the laminates i can use my nails and feel the deep scratches...

and i felt that the final paint job is not that gd either but im not sure if this is standard or what is the standard.

the designer rectified the wardrobe door and tho its better im not sure if it us acceptable coz i have a 50/50 feeling that its not rite....haiz...headache!!

moral of story: u either have headache and frustration at the beginning of reno or middle or towards end....

You should insist on the replacement. Since he is paid for the renovation work.

Either you accept it or regret it later lor..

Itz his fault for not supervising his workers..

I also bark at my ID to protect the flooring if not i will definetly want him to replace no matter what.

Or no payment..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hey meowie49,

- y u say i e 'high expectation' 1 leh?

- u havnt even si my rusty face, hear my coarse voice lei?

- mayb loh, wait i si ur reno liao, say dis no gd dat no gd, wait u 'gei sim'.

- heard u 2day on MC. 2mr can date u? Haha, date 2 si ur reno not u lah.

:bleah:

Yeah.. I will be in after 10am... meeting to go liana house at 645pm... anyone wanna join me?? Jacky, if u wanna come, just drop by.. no worries.. but TV, fridge etc .. coming.. so.. might be a bit messy... :unsure::unsure:

Hi all

thanks for the advice...and yes deep in my heart i cant accept that kind of work standard, but at the same time i dun want to be unreasonable, at least with all ur advices i can confirm that its possible to reject that kind of defects juz in case ID say its normal i can fight back :furious:

Meowie, u confirmed coming by my place tomorrow at 6plus to take a look rite?? pls sms me to confirm...others who wanna pop by pls feel free to come by and give feedbacks..thks!!

hi guys...need your advice on something

my ID quoted:

1) $120 for storage heater installation

2) $780 for designer door (for kitchen since living room got aircon)

are the above too expensive?

3) he don't install curtain frames...anyone got ID or contractor to recommend? please PM me ok.

i only need the normal curtain steel frame on top of the window. The type with holes for curtain hook-on. No curtains required.

Thanks for your help!!

Yeah.. I will be in after 10am... meeting to go liana house at 645pm... anyone wanna join me?? Jacky, if u wanna come, just drop by.. no worries.. but TV, fridge etc .. coming.. so.. might be a bit messy... :unsure::unsure:

k. Noted. ;)

Hi meowie, can i go kpo kpo too? Will be around there at 1.30pm. Will sms you again if ur number is still the same ah. :D

Edited by Dracula

Ok at least got uncle accompany i safe :D

Hi, you are also from feb bi-monthly? :D

Depends on your budget leh. There are quite a few around.

I myself gonna get Cuizino, no $$ already. Anyway i cook less and its mainly for display only :notti:

I went to Bellari and was :jawdrop:

Good sales ppl there. Especially the guy if u happen to drop by there.

:yamseng:

Hi there ... Thanks for the info ...

I got my keys in Sept 2007 .. not from the feb bi-monthly .. hehe ...

Just putting off the renovation until now ... coz so many detailings that we cant finalise ...

Hey meowie49,

- y u say i e 'high expectation' 1 leh?

- u havnt even si my rusty face, hear my coarse voice lei?

- mayb loh, wait i si ur reno liao, say dis no gd dat no gd, wait u 'gei sim'.

- heard u 2day on MC. 2mr can date u? Haha, date 2 si ur reno not u lah.

:bleah:

Hey,

- wen she call u & tell u her unhappiness regarding e 'carelessness', basically, deep in her heart, she oleady noes dat she does not wan 2 accept it.

- its a matter of how 2 make known 2 her ID & demand 2 rectify e 'defects'.

- dis is y e progressive payments scheme is very important.

- if she had outstanding payments, she can rightfully hold-on e payments til e 'defects' r rectified 2 a reasonable & satisfactory condition.

- if she had fully paid e payments, she olso can rightfully demand 4 rectification of defects 2 a reasonable & satisfactory condition.

- wats her outstanding works & payments rite now?

- is she dealing with e ID alone? wats her family members gona do abt it?

- if she needs ppl 2 go kpo & chit chat with her ID, can invite neighbours here. Many helpful 1s in 79.

- y dun i go kpo ur hm 2mr. Then u jio more ppl, we go see hers, ask her 2 jio her ID, then we go audit her hm. Then we can chit chat wif her ID. How?

:notti:

Hey speedmover,

welcome 2 Renotalk Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis thread.

My pt of view ->

- 2 succeed in sales line, 1 needs 2 b confident.

- 2 solve a problem by making own decision w/o client acknowledge, is initiative.

- 2 hav ID achieve 1 desire standard, 1 have 2 make known 2 e ID b4hand.

- 2 accumulate many a unhappy clients & customers, 1 wont b able 2 branch out or set up branches.

- i believe there r miscommunication during e process of ur reno.

- i feels dat 'smart is enough' but 'not 2 b 2 smart'.

- wats e shop name? ID/contractor who?

- wats ur unit no.? show us wats e low std lah. Everybody standard differs mah.

:rolleyes:

Hey mizeon,

welcome to Renotalk, Toa payoh Blk 79 Kakis thread.

- depends on ur preference in terms of design & price.

- functions? haha, all brands work e same.

- eg. Teka, Rinnai, Cuizino, Ariston...

- if u r lookin at e 1st brand i'v mentioned, i can intro u 2 get at discounted price.

- if u r lookin at e 2nd brand i'v mentioned, Citygas is havin promo now.

:idea:

Hi Jacky ,

Thanks for the info .. i will go city gas and check out ... Need to get all the hob measurement for my Id by next week ... hehehe ...

wow black tiles - so stylo malo :notti:

btw anyone got mj table tat can auto-wash one? :sport-smiley-004:

wah I saw that mj table before leh..very stylo one..but hor...the shiok part is feeling the tiles and washing tiles and pile it up hehe...must faster clarify.. me not lao qian hor...heheehee :notti:

Which part of chinatown? People's Park Complex?

I ask his godmum first see where she got the set..she super vip at that shop liao...always buy mj set one hehe

Hi Neighbours....

In case ur wondering...im the one with the scratches problem...hehe..thanks Meowie for asking on my behalf...

Im close to handover and things start to turn out really bad...frustrating...in fact i argued with my designer abt this...im still holding on to the final payment...

Im not sure if im too 'difficult' or petty over the scratches issues but i felt that ive not moved in yet so why shld i accept those scratches when it can be prevented from the start...the workers did not care abt the tiles but i do coz we are paying for it!!

According to them they changed some of the tiles already but i still see a lot of scratches...my living room tiles is off white glossy so the scratches are more visible under light reflection...as for the laminates i can use my nails and feel the deep scratches...

and i felt that the final paint job is not that gd either but im not sure if this is standard or what is the standard.

the designer rectified the wardrobe door and tho its better im not sure if it us acceptable coz i have a 50/50 feeling that its not rite....haiz...headache!!

moral of story: u either have headache and frustration at the beginning of reno or middle or towards end....

Hey Liana,

Sorry for the rushing Hi & Bye on sunday...cos was "scolding" my husband while we walk heheehee...dunno you heard us or not..so pai seh ehehehe

I seriously think you must insist that you get the laminate and tiles changed if they are not acceptable. You pay for the goods and you have the right to receive it in good condition, the price they are worth.

Glad to hear that you have got the wardrobe door rectified cos I think the flimsy door was your main concern the last time we met.

Btw, I thought the laminates are supposed to be eh they call it "not so easy to be scratched" :dunno: cos I din do laimate for bedroom so din really go explore on the materials. But if indeed the marks are deep then I believe it could be caused by the workers carelessness.

Whatever it is, must press your ID to finish off whatever you require before you pay him the balance

Edited by howlupjac

Any 1 knows where to get cheap and nice kitchen sink , bathroom accessories ?

Thanks for the reply in advance .. hehe .... :D

Dang... hahaha ... handsome no use.. coz is my hubby going dentist.. not me... hahaha :P:P

Meowie,

I regularly polish about every 4-5 months so have tried a few dentist in central, you can try Q&M (got 2 branches, one across the street, the other near KFC). My favourite dentist is Dr Stephen Khor, he's ard on Sundays at KFC branch only; second choice is Dr Ng Jit Wei. My hubby also okay with them, so now i only look for either of these 2.

Never go for one called Winston or something like that that starts with 'W'... I think I encounter this guy twice at diff clinics in TPY about 6 years apart; I noticed his style is to polish until you bleed then push you to buy the antiseptic mouthwash.

Liana,

If your laminates are not the glued-on type, should be quite easy to change. As for tiles, you must decide whether worth the trouble to just repalce a few pieces here and there. It may lead to uneven flooring. You can try to cover with nice carpets instead. Tell your ID to provide FOC carpets if he don't want to change :notti:

Any 1 knows where to get cheap and nice kitchen sink , bathroom accessories ?

Thanks for the reply in advance .. hehe .... :D

I think you go try ho kee. They are at tanjong katong complex, IMM, plaza sin.

hi ... thanks for the reply ... will drop by plaza sin tonite and take a look ..

Meowie,

I regularly polish about every 4-5 months so have tried a few dentist in central, you can try Q&M (got 2 branches, one across the street, the other near KFC). My favourite dentist is Dr Stephen Khor, he's ard on Sundays at KFC branch only; second choice is Dr Ng Jit Wei. My hubby also okay with them, so now i only look for either of these 2.

Never go for one called Winston or something like that that starts with 'W'... I think I encounter this guy twice at diff clinics in TPY about 6 years apart; I noticed his style is to polish until you bleed then push you to buy the antiseptic mouthwash.

Liana,

If your laminates are not the glued-on type, should be quite easy to change. As for tiles, you must decide whether worth the trouble to just repalce a few pieces here and there. It may lead to uneven flooring. You can try to cover with nice carpets instead. Tell your ID to provide FOC carpets if he don't want to change :notti:

Hi carelinwen,

How is your reno? started already?

Any Hoe Kee branches other than the one in jalan bersah :furious:

Hi REDCRYSTAL,

I have mj only no table :notti:

Allinthehead

no table then u buy the auto-wash table lor.

we lugi a bit and open ceremony for yr table ok :sport-smiley-004:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: