Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi carelinwen,

How is your reno? started already?

:yamseng:

No lah, he still busy lor 8| and haven't confirm the toilet layout yet so he dare not order the tiles.... this sat will meet again. But I very mah fan also, I have tiles from about 3 different shops :D.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
No lah, he still busy lor 8| and haven't confirm the toilet layout yet so he dare not order the tiles.... this sat will meet again. But I very mah fan also, I have tiles from about 3 different shops :D.

Waa.. tiles from 3 different shops.. Hope to kpo your flat one day..

He got a very big project on hand now.. $55K and also need to complete within limited timeframe.. so I think u need to be abit patience with him.. :P

Although he handover the flat to us already, he still owe us something and we also owe him something.. haha :D

Hi all 79 residents,

Is anyone if you already using *hub internet or watching *hub cable tv in the block already? I called *hub recently and the officer told me the signal is not activated for the entire block yet, until we have >x% of residents shifted in.

So does it mean even if i have cable tv in my current address, i won't be able to watch it after i shift in to the block?

Hi all 79 residents,

Is anyone if you already using *hub internet or watching *hub cable tv in the block already? I called *hub recently and the officer told me the signal is not activated for the entire block yet, until we have >x% of residents shifted in.

So does it mean even if i have cable tv in my current address, i won't be able to watch it after i shift in to the block?

Hi,

You can check the status on this website starhub

I have checked and all the 79 blocks are ready. Either the website is wrong or the officer don't know anything about it.

Edited by Redwyrm

Hi Redwyrm,

thanks for the website, the officer mentioned that the dates on the website are planned dates, not actually implemented. Which was the reason why i asked if anyone is already using their service.

Edited by TP79resident

Hi,

the officer mentioned that the dates on the website are planned dates, not actually implemented. Which was the reason why i asked if anyone is already using their service.

I see.. I am a currently subscriber and I called starhub yesterday on how to transfer my box over, the officer told me just to bring it over and call them and they can activate it on the spot, 24 hours service.. dunno true or not.. will be trying this weekend. :dunno:

I see.. I am a currently subscriber and I called starhub yesterday on how to transfer my box over, the officer told me just to bring it over and call them and they can activate it on the spot, 24 hours service.. dunno true or not.. will be trying this weekend. :dunno:

true, i'm watching cable tv.

tat's wat i did.

Waa.. tiles from 3 different shops.. Hope to kpo your flat one day..

He got a very big project on hand now.. $55K and also need to complete within limited timeframe.. so I think u need to be abit patience with him.. :P

Although he handover the flat to us already, he still owe us something and we also owe him something.. haha :D

Ya I know about this case. Actually I signed up with him on Mar 30 and he said have to wait till 1st week May to start work. Then he go accept this case in April and cut our queue. However, he's been nice and patient with us, and also we trust him so I will not mention my knowledge about this to him. He better auto give me more FOC things!!! :notti:

It's okay lah, I can take the extra time to decide what I really want. Then when the reno starts I expect full speed ahead. Think a lot of neighbours here keep asking me when will mine be ready, a bit pai seh to answer "haven't start yet".

3 tile shops because I want the white homogenous matt tile from first shop (it's the whitest among all samples I took) for living room, I like a particular tile for my kitchen from another shop but cannot find toilet tiles I like there... :horse: troublesome hor???

Actually the more my ID delay the start, the more we rece shops or read/learn from renotalk and then we the more we chu pattern for him to headache.

Ya I know about this case. Actually I signed up with him on Mar 30 and he said have to wait till 1st week May to start work. Then he go accept this case in April and cut our queue. However, he's been nice and patient with us, and also we trust him so I will not mention my knowledge about this to him. He better auto give me more FOC things!!! :notti:

It's okay lah, I can take the extra time to decide what I really want. Then when the reno starts I expect full speed ahead. Think a lot of neighbours here keep asking me when will mine be ready, a bit pai seh to answer "haven't start yet".

3 tile shops because I want the white homogenous matt tile from first shop (it's the whitest among all samples I took) for living room, I like a particular tile for my kitchen from another shop but cannot find toilet tiles I like there... :horse: troublesome hor???

Actually the more my ID delay the start, the more we rece shops or read/learn from renotalk and then we the more we chu pattern for him to headache.

Maybe I just provide some rating from my point of view for your reference

ID himself - 8, patient, VERY accommodating, there is a good trusting relationship, good timing coordination and sometime quite a funny guy.

Tiling Workmanship - 8, good even surface. Should have given a 9-10 but there is a small chip on the surface and he said can change for us, but once change, the surface but not be as level as before, so we are still deciding..:P

Carpentry - 6.5 - not up to our high expectation, but some defects are fixed very fast and some minor stuff, which we just closed one eye..

Painting - 7 - also not up to our high expectation, but also rectified promptly.

Overall rating - 8 - very satisfied owner.

Edited by Redwyrm

Sorry I'm not into MJ or bowling... but I like cycling... :unsure:

Anyway a while back some ppl were asking about the edges of cabinet doors. Well today I saw mine for the very first time, not even installed (carpentry just started). So here's what mine look like:

ytvkwl.jpg

Another photo just for seeseelooklook: the view from the sky garden

ytvkwm.jpg

I also like taking photos...

Hi Toppie,

So sorry to hear about your bad encounter..

My experience is totally different from yours..

Very true that no matter how good or established any ID firm is,

there are bound to be black sheeps.. Must really depend on the ID

u engage.. Mine is recommended by my colleague, saw the workmanship,

had a conversation wif her, felt comfortable then sign up..

anyway wats done is done, now just try to ensure successful handover..

if he push u further, threaten to complain to his boss!!

how can he force/pressure customer to handover..

Fyi most of my carpentry are up yet my 2nd last payment still haven't

pay up..haha.. but must be automatic a bit la,so will pass the cheque to my

ID on monday.. so far the works are satisfactory..

Btw, any house hopping on sun neighbours??

:dancingqueen:

Sigh!, After the repainting that day, thank god we din pay him, the skirting area is of different shade compared to the wall and the door frames were painted with uneven lines. ID said its due to the wall structure, not his painter. My hubby was quite pissed that after so many repaint, things were not done well. He called the ID. ID arranged for painter to come and repaint again. My hubby requested for repainting of that room which he did today. ID asked for payment today again. We refused, told him we want to see how the repainted result looks like.

Another thing we just realised. The storage heater which ID asked his guys to install doesnt seem to work. Got to check with him again.

I also discovered the window handle of my living room window got a deep scratch. I am quite sure the scratch wasnt there before the renovation. But no proof how it got there. Checked with HDB, they are unable to replace as we have started renovation.

We have also asked the building service centre to mend the gap in the kitchen and bathroom as we realised that the cement has came out. No extra charge. You guys may want to check your flooring again

By the way, babymaro and I will be visiting Yeoman's house tentatively set at 3pm this Sat. Anyone interested to join? We can do a mini house hopping again

Edited by toppie

Hi, just like to confirm no drilling work can be done on weekends?

the contractor above my flat was working and drilling on Saturday again. morning and till 11pm at night. really inconsiderate i must say, esp when it has been going on for the past few saturdays :o

Yeah.. I will be in after 10am... meeting to go liana house at 645pm... anyone wanna join me?? Jacky, if u wanna come, just drop by.. no worries.. but TV, fridge etc .. coming.. so.. might be a bit messy... :unsure::unsure:

:wacko::(

Meowie, u confirmed coming by my place tomorrow at 6plus to take a look rite?? pls sms me to confirm...others who wanna pop by pls feel free to come by and give feedbacks..thks!!

:wacko::(

Liana,

If your laminates are not the glued-on type, should be quite easy to change. As for tiles, you must decide whether worth the trouble to just repalce a few pieces here and there. It may lead to uneven flooring. You can try to cover with nice carpets instead. Tell your ID to provide FOC carpets if he don't want to change :notti:

:good::idea:

- LSH at Balestier Rd got a particular homo tile, Super White 800mm x 800mm @ $10 psf.

- other series such s slightly greyish, super glossy & shine, 600mm x600mm @ <$3.80 psf.

- they olso hav a new range of textured tiles for kit & toilets, 600mm x 300mm or 300mm x 300mm.

- go check out if u'r interested.

- take pix, sample, jot dn model no. & retail price, ask ur ID purchase 4 u (thru e ID, u can get it cheaper).

- most importantly is 2 confirm with them whether got sufficient stock.

:idea:

Anyway a while back some ppl were asking about the edges of cabinet doors. Well today I saw mine for the very first time, not even installed (carpentry just started). So here's what mine look like:

ytvkwl.jpg

- ABS trimmings

- internal carcass white pvc finished

- external surface laminate finished

- grooves cut for handles

:D

Hi, just like to confirm no drilling work can be done on weekends?

the contractor above my flat was working and drilling on Saturday again. morning and till 11pm at night. really inconsiderate i must say, esp when it has been going on for the past few saturdays :o

extracted frm ->

HDB Flat General Renovation Guidelines

Time Allowed for Renovations

- For new blocks, the approved work must be completed within four months from the date of the permit.

- For existing blocks, the approved work must be completed within one month from the date of the permit.

- No Work shall be carried out before 8 am or after 6 pm.

- Noisy Work such as cutting of tiles, demolition of walls and removing floor/wall finishes are restricted from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm during the weekdays.

- Such works are not allowed on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.

- At any one time, only two of the approved hand-held power tools are allowed to be used.

- Renovation contractors are not allowed to take more than three consecutive days to demolish walls and/or removal of wall/floor finishes.

:rolleyes:

Edited by jaCKY777

:D

extracted frm ->

HDB Flat General Renovation Guidelines

Time Allowed for Renovations

- For new blocks, the approved work must be completed within four months from the date of the permit.

- For existing blocks, the approved work must be completed within one month from the date of the permit.

- No Work shall be carried out before 8 am or after 6 pm.

- Noisy Work such as cutting of tiles, demolition of walls and removing floor/wall finishes are restricted from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm during the weekdays.

- Such works are not allowed on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.

- At any one time, only two of the approved hand-held power tools are allowed to be used.

- Renovation contractors are not allowed to take more than three consecutive days to demolish walls and/or removal of wall/floor finishes.

:rolleyes:

wah never say anything abt drillings on weekends. guess i got no case.

another question for original enbloc owners: do you change your window rivets to the stainless steel one as required by law before you return the flats to hdb? i am returning my flat soon, and hdb officer they wont take it back if they found that the windows rivets are not changed. i was like..aiyo, going to demolish the blocks already still have to spend $$ to change to the rivets just to return the flat to them..what a waste of $$ and no rationale at all. :dunno: