Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

haha the one who asked for the eggs is my hubby.... :notti::notti:

why u never join us??

Din know that you all will be at Shivan's place and I just came back and was having my packet dinner.. :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Do you know when this actually happened? Now scared already, only have one bicyle chain lock at the gate...

and there are...ahem ahem....in the house...then there was one evening, I saw somebody loitering around the staircase, very suspicious.

How many cases are there already?! like many right!

For those that have finished renovation but yet shifted in, pls be careful. My neighbour's flat was broken into, the thief cut off the bicycle chain lock at the gate, and stolen their appliances which they newly bought. He advised me to lock both the gate and door as well instead just using the bicycle chain when reno is completed.

According to the NPP, this is not the only case of break-in in 79. Hmm.. staying beside the NPP may not be that safe too... talk about security, heard some of you getting castle lock? Is it more secured and how much?

which unit are u at? i also go there loiter around :D

Better be careful ah. Mine still on normal number locks because nothing inside yet. Once got stuffs inside, i will change it to bigger locks ah.

Be safe ah

Do you know when this actually happened? Now scared already, only have one bicyle chain lock at the gate...

and there are...ahem ahem....in the house...then there was one evening, I saw somebody loitering around the staircase, very suspicious.

How many cases are there already?! like many right!

Didnt ask him exactly when, but should be a few days ago. He suspected the theft happened late at night as he left his unit 8 plus pm and discovered his stuff missing the next day p.m. Like what Jacky777 said, don't shift your valuables in early and lock as many places as u can. Hopefully when more household shifted in, such things won't happen again.

Yeah, my chain was cut too. But I had nothing in the house then. Castle lock's $128.

Hi Mapleleaf, did that happened a few days ago too? We are from the same block, perhaps the thieves were making their rounds there? Heard my neighbour's stuffs are quite heavy, so guessed there are 2 or more thieves carrying the goods away.

Think our unit layout is the same, can pm me yr floor and i pop by to visit one day? Thanks :yamseng:

Just a note on the Starhub activation (only for those who missed the activation period in Blk B; probably only me :( ). StarHub has assured that as long as you are going to sign up with them, the signal activation fee will be waived (which makes cents to me).

Me too.

I think alot pple miss also.

I pester starhub to activate for free.

After activation, pictures are clearer and no more ghost images.

Recommend to use the RG6B cables FOC from HDB - :good:

Best thing is, i went down just now to re-install my own lock with key (for the night at least) found out ID changed number lock without telling, and!! his 3-digit number lock can open with at least 3-4 combinations!! what the....! It took me less than 3 mins to figure it out...sigh....is this my karma?!? :bangwall:

also, heard somebody say clothes hanger in the kitchen cost HDB $1k to install, is this true?

Didnt ask him exactly when, but should be a few days ago. He suspected the theft happened late at night as he left his unit 8 plus pm and discovered his stuff missing the next day p.m. Like what Jacky777 said, don't shift your valuables in early and lock as many places as u can. Hopefully when more household shifted in, such things won't happen again.

Hi Mapleleaf, did that happened a few days ago too? We are from the same block, perhaps the thieves were making their rounds there? Heard my neighbour's stuffs are quite heavy, so guessed there are 2 or more thieves carrying the goods away.

Think our unit layout is the same, can pm me yr floor and i pop by to visit one day? Thanks :yamseng:

mine is 79B, good to say if you're at the playground downstairs can see our unit...

last 2 weeks got no door some more (even more scary and depressing!), but today reinstalled after cutting....i have things inside, that's why a bit jumpy after hearing about the news.

i think i read somewhere (not our block i think) thieves are even taking away aircon compressors from renovating units...very the terrifying...imagine, haven't even get to use yet..

which unit are u at? i also go there loiter around :D

Better be careful ah. Mine still on normal number locks because nothing inside yet. Once got stuffs inside, i will change it to bigger locks ah.

Be safe ah

Hey neighbours,

- any 1 got a bedrm dr (left swing) 2 let go ?

- i need 1 s i'm relocating my master bedrm dr. :o

- orig is right swing, if can turn e lockset arnd, then e dr can b reused liao. :unsure:

- any 1 is still a fanatic of 'Hello Kitty' ?

- i got a big box of 'hello kittys' & 'soft toys' 2 let go. All stil in plastic wraper. :notti:

- if nobody wans, then gota donate away liao. :idea:

- i olso got a new pcs of 4ft x 2ft 12mm thk tinted tempered glass 2 let go.

- selling at token amount. If nobody wans, then gota throw away liao. :o

- i olso got a wash basin with tap-mixer (pre-installed by hdb) 2 let go.

- if nobody wans, then gota throw away liao. :o

- i olso got 2 shower head with hose (pre-installed by hdb) 2 let go.

- if nobody wans, then gota throw away liao. :o

:rolleyes:

Hi Everybody,

1) When you move in, how to activate the phone line?

2) How to activate internet, let say I have setup my pc and modem?

Thanks everybody!

HAPPY

Me too.

I think alot pple miss also.

I pester starhub to activate for free.

After activation, pictures are clearer and no more ghost images.

Recommend to use the RG6B cables FOC from HDB - :good:

Hi,

Can I just clarify...the activation from starhub is only for ppl watching cable tv? If I didn't sign up for SCV and only watch local channels (Ch5,8,U,CNA) do i need to get them to come? Will it make my local channels clearer?

How much they charge for that?

Hi,

Can I just clarify...the activation from starhub is only for ppl watching cable tv? If I didn't sign up for SCV and only watch local channels (Ch5,8,U,CNA) do i need to get them to come? Will it make my local channels clearer?

I think you still need to get them to come down to activate the signal if I am not wrong. I dun have SCV too but only normal TV and internet. Block B missed the mass activation period liao hence you have to pester to get them to activate for free else they will charge you a fee for coming down. :furious::furious:

Hi Everybody,

1) When you move in, how to activate the phone line?

2) How to activate internet, let say I have setup my pc and modem?

Thanks everybody!

HAPPY

hi,

1) call either singtel or starhub

2) call either singtel or starhub.

It depends on what internet connection u wants... If u want starhub, then get both starhub. If u wants singtel, then get ur phone line singtel too :D

Hi,

i think if you not subscribing to scv no need to activate the signal. cos when i plug in the antenna to the tv with the cable provided by HDB, can see very clearly leh...can even retrieve malaysia channel hehe :notti:

Hi,

Before activation, the signals come from the HDB antenna.

The reception, for my case, is quite bad (ghost image) especially for CNA.

After the activation, the signals are tap from the Starhub network.

Very clear and no more ghost images, but some channels will be block eg, TV3.

But there will be a free SCV channel, which will have sneak preview occasionally. :sport-smiley-004:

If the ghost image problem is obvious at your side, it will be good to tap into Starhub network.

I think is $30, but is not worthwhile since ours is a new flat.

Before activation, the signals come from the HDB antenna.

The reception, for my case, is quite bad (ghost image) especially for CNA.

After the activation, the signals are tap from the Starhub network.

Very clear and no more ghost images, but some channels will be block eg, TV3.

But there will be a free SCV channel, which will have sneak preview occasionally. :sport-smiley-004:

If the ghost image problem is obvious at your side, it will be good to tap into Starhub network.

I think is $30, but is not worthwhile since ours is a new flat.

Hi u shifted in already?

I think Blk B reception that are receiving free-to-air channel are quite bad cos I also have bad reception for CNA and Suria channel too...

Same goes for my neighbour who did not subscribe to SCV.

Those who subscribe to SCV will have clear images...