Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

anyone uses the car washing services in our block? Whats the rate and feedback?

Also i got my first full month bill......

$80bucks for one person staying. I almost fainted. But i think maybe they took the reading this month so combined 1 1/2 months of usage.

I cannot believe it that no air con, almost all lights are energy saving and usually mostly 2-3 lights on only also can cost so much.

Anyway here's 3 clips to lighten up the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpjVpl80xt0...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijK7fY1aWdY...feature=related

Edited by aural

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Is there a Liaw Liang Huat Joshua in this forum living in Blk 79A? You have mail delivered to my unit.

PM me whenyou see this.

Fellow neighbours, help spread the words if you know this person.

regards

Hi carelinwen,

Think there will be some wastage which they cut out from. Small piece will do right? You can come over on sat. Sms me when you are coming.

Hi Shivan,

I think all our units are affected. Maybe we can get everyone to sign a petition and see if HDB can do something better cos this is actually their design flaw.

Count me in if you all want to sign the petition.

:yamseng:

anyone uses the car washing services in our block? Whats the rate and feedback?

Also i got my first full month bill......

$80bucks for one person staying. I almost fainted. But i think maybe they took the reading this month so combined 1 1/2 months of usage.

I cannot believe it that no air con, almost all lights are energy saving and usually mostly 2-3 lights on only also can cost so much.

Anyway here's 3 clips to lighten up the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpjVpl80xt0...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijK7fY1aWdY...feature=related

Hi Aural,

Mine's $101 for 4-rm... just aircon at night for 7 hours set at 28 degress. Plus the usual suspects like TV, fridge, instant heater, computer, PLC lights, etc...

Come July our bill will be set to increase by an extra 5%... that's about $5 more into our Gahmen's pocket! :bangwall:

Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely indeed!

I remember sometime back our 'beloved' Transport Minister was encouraging us to take our world-class public transport & ditch our cars. Can some1 tell him to do it first? Pls lead by example & not only NATO.

Try squeezing in our MRT and bus services during peak hour to get a free armpit-smelling therapy. And I havent even come to another of our beloved systems => ERPs. :furious:

Hi Vlanze,

Here's a video you should watch... very good National RE-education :dancingqueen:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6...42704&hl=en

or

will track 2 more months. dun think my bills shld be tt high. fridge with 3 ticks at low power somemore, i use gas heaters and rarely use also lol. weather too hot dun need heaters.

GAS LEAK!

at my unit..... haiz.... so unlucky man :dunno:

anyone also have this unlucky situation? Now all my kitchen carpentry is halted...... :furious:

GAS LEAK!

anyone also have this unlucky situation? Now all my kitchen carpentry is halted...... :furious:

you detected it yourself or city gas pple?

luckily detected early

Count me in too. May as well get it done sooner than later since my unit will kena directly. Shiaks. :bangwall:

Count me in if you all want to sign the petition.

:yamseng:

Hi Shivan, possible to post show the pics of the rollers here? Think my unit also kena from the rain. If possible, would like to get it done up too. :D

As requested, I've scanned the document into a picture file.

roller1.jpg

roller2.jpg

roller3.jpg

I think there is no need to sign the petition if you are ok with the design of the roller rain screen. You just need to go to the branch office and apply for it stating that your unit is affected by the rain.

:notti:

Edited by shivan

Shiaks...that's bad. Go HDB or whoever to bang table :deal:

GAS LEAK!

Kudos to you bro. The design looks like those at the kopi-tiams but who cares as long as it's FOC. :notti:

Which branch office? The 1 at 79C?

As requested, I've scanned the document into a picture file.

I think there is no need to sign the petition if you are ok with the design of the roller rain screen. You just need to go to the branch office and apply for it stating that your unit is affected by the rain.

:notti:

Edited by Vlanze

Shivan,

The screen will be installed at just outside the door or against the corridor side? From the pics look like there is a bar across the calf height and the width of it will not be effective if it's install at the corridor side, so I don't get it? :dunno:

No matter which, I can foresee the crank being stolen, metal theives can walk along and just swipe all at a go.

Shivan,

The screen will be installed at just outside the door or against the corridor side? From the pics look like there is a bar across the calf height and the width of it will not be effective if it's install at the corridor side, so I don't get it? :dunno:

No matter which, I can foresee the crank being stolen, metal theives can walk along and just swipe all at a go.

Hi Carelinwen,

I'm not sure about the rest of the blks but for those affected at 79A, it should be perpendicular to the door against the railing...

IMG_1234.jpg

I agree with you that it will be a magnet for thieves or vandalism... Need to check with HDB when such things happen... who pays??? :dunno:

Edited by shivan

Hi Carelinwen,

I'm not sure about the rest of the blks but for those affected at 79A, it should be perpendicular to the door against the railing...

IMG_1234.jpg

I agree with you that it will be a magnet for thieves or vandalism... Need to check with HDB when such things happen... who pays??? :dunno:

I also got the letter of undertaking after i complained to HDB. Your neighbour also needs to sign the letter of undertaking for those units which are opposite each other.

Still mulling whether to sign or not. Feel abit unfair to make us responsible for the maintenance. One of the conditions is that by signing the letter, we are indemnifying HDB from all costs, damages incurred. when happens if someone damages it on purpose.

I thought anything outside the flat will be the responsibility of the town council?

Also it is stated there is a warranty for the roller blinds. Any idea how long is the warranty period?