Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

tension_z,

mine is $150 for 4 room and only 2 person living. I find my bill also quite high...

- aircon only 4 times in a month about 7 hrs per round

- Plasma TV about 3 hours per day

- Computer almost on from day to night

- 1 tower fan on 24 hours

- washing machine once a week

- fridge everyday

- storage heater about 40 mins per day

- wine chiller on 24 hours every day

Wahha almost same as mine leh. bill comes up to $150+ leh for last month

- TV about 4-5 hours per day

- Starhub digital setup box on 24hrs everyday

- Digital Voice Modem on 24hrs everyday

- 1 tower fan on for ard 4 -5 hours

- 1 wall fan on for ard 8hrs everyday

- washing machine every alternate day

- fridge (2 tick for energy saving) 24hrs everyday

- storage heater about 20 mins per day

- Water dispenser on 24hrs everyday

- sometimes forgot to off my foyer light (the ultimate was 10hrs for 1 of the night)

We were so suprised when we saw the giro deduction amount. How could we have consumed so much water and electricity :jawdrop::dunno::bangwall:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Correct me if I am wrong, neighbours, i thought they will charge a certain amount upfront for utilities, which they will credit back to you eventually in the next bill?

hey neighbours, is it normal to have SP bill cost $260 a month for 4 room?

to list normal usage:

only 1 aircon on every night, plasma TV watch from 8pm-12 am.

normal small fridge on whole day,

small fan, tower fan on when sleeping.

use washing machine every day.

use vacuum cleaner once every 2-3 days.

internet surfing for 4 hours a day.

oh, i use electric heater.

Hi tension_z,

W/M use everyday is no joke, if it's a continental front/top load and you do full wash cycle (abt 1.5-2.5 hrs) then it's the mainly the electricity. If it's a asian top load type then it's mainly the water. Both got good/bad.

And note that if you use excessive water above a certain amount per month, you will be charged a certain 'fine' in terms that the water conservation tax rate will be increased compared to normal usage. My relative kena this and was telling us about in during CNY..haha.

Based on all the amounts reported here, wondered whether they take the average for our block to be $150 and just bill us first until meter is checked. Agree that $150 is rather high. My colleague also complain that her last SP bill shot up but she did not have any usage changes (2 pax 3 room). Maybe SP trying to collect more from everyone to build their captial---imagine all the interests earned from the extra credits we 'parked' with them for 1-2 mth. :curse:

Read somewhere that you can sign up an online account with SP and submit your own readings monthly for a more accurate monthly bill.

Edited by carelinwen

wah...2 days ar...for me, my kitchen totally no dun but i don't dry outside because i can't hang all my load of laundry...i have the aluminum poles installed lor...so far, i wash the clothes at night and next morning, dry already....if i wash in the morning, by evening, also dry already...bedsheets takes abit longer but don't need 2 days...

nowadays, there's alot of detergent for indoor drying purposes...they won't have funny smells... :rolleyes:

hi sushibabe,

I agree ... although no sun, my laundry no smelly smell...erm.. ur jeans also so fast dry? usually i will leave them hung up for 2 days because when i touch, i still feel not 100% dry... they are like cool-dry after 1 day.. if u know wat i mean.. like u touch it, they feel cooling although quite dry... i scare if i keep into wardrobe, will have smell coz not 100% dry.. :unsure:

to list normal usage:

hi tension,

I was shocked with my SP bill of $242 . However, is it ur first mth in the house? Someone told me first time is like that. I am waiting for my next mth bill to compare. :P

If your clothes not alot, consider washing once every 2 days. Water and electricity very shiong if washed everyday leh... :P

hey thanks for the reply with regards to SP bills.

yes, this is the 1st month bill that I am receiving.

I should ask maid to wash less freq but i have 5 people in the house.

my washing machine is those 8kg type, not too big or small.

5 persons' clothes at the end of the day

(2 sets each usually-1 set home clothes,

the other set outside clothes like 3/4 full liao)

=) console myself a bit, 2 pax $150, 5 pax should be more.

but $260 bill a month is no joke leh.

should i invest in strong fan to use fan instead of aircon

but also heard that if aircon dun use for a long time also will spoilt.

i should monitor the next month bill to see how..

erm, must confessed that I use 2 laptops.

sometimes internet connection forget to switch off.

: (

how come all your bills so high??? my latest is $60, 2 people living...and it's sch holidays where i stay at home most of the time...

but i make it a point to switch off main plugs after finish using...the only thing that is 24hrs is the fridge...and sometimes in the daytime, i also need to switch on lights in the kitchen and toilets...

Hi Tension_z...

if it's your first bill, check if there is a $100 deposit or $100 gas piping cost? they will deduct your next month bill from the $100 deposit if i'm not wrong...

cheers...

hey thanks for the reply with regards to SP bills.

yes, this is the 1st month bill that I am receiving.

I should ask maid to wash less freq but i have 5 people in the house.

my washing machine is those 8kg type, not too big or small.

5 persons' clothes at the end of the day

(2 sets each usually-1 set home clothes,

the other set outside clothes like 3/4 full liao)

=) console myself a bit, 2 pax $150, 5 pax should be more.

but $260 bill a month is no joke leh.

should i invest in strong fan to use fan instead of aircon

but also heard that if aircon dun use for a long time also will spoilt.

i should monitor the next month bill to see how..

erm, must confessed that I use 2 laptops.

sometimes internet connection forget to switch off.

: (

Today i suddenly experience stronger water flow at the pipes. Anyone also felt that, btw i'm at 79D.

Someone adjusted your pipes outside your house. I experienced that about a 2 weeks ago. I adjusted back to normal, to make sure I don't use too much water.

BTW, my real bill after living in for a while is about $200. Breakdown - electricity $100, water $50 & gas $50.

The funny thing of life....

My apartment totally no sun. No sun shine into bedroom, living room, kitchen or anywhere.....

Room is cool most of the time.....

But laundry needs some sun to rid certain smell and bacteria too. I am totally missing out on this part of it.

Hi Aural & Grrovygenie,

Pros & Cons of hvg sunlight in our rooms: -

Sunlight's good for our laundry (kills germs, smells great) but like Coco Mybibi, gotta install solar/protective film (my living & master rms get sunlight so, I seriously considered doin film 2protect curtains/furniture from discoloration/damage esp leather sofa. But I may drop idea altogether cos my curtains took away much light & I worry film makes rooms too dim :bangwall:

Maybe I should pay Coco a visit.. My kitchen not much sunlight so I got a dryer for rainy dayz.

Cool rms are great - less electricity consumption by aircons/fans but dun worry, laundry not necessarily a compromise. There're many laundry detergent brands w antibactirial agent in market. Worst case, dilute some dettol into wash. Wind & air take care of the rest : )

to list normal usage:

Hi Tenz,

I reckon yr w/m & vac are the main attributors.

Wat kinda elec heater?

Elec blanket dun use much elec but heaters for a room do! (I hv used both fan & central heaters when studyin o/seas but I dun s'pose u use them in tis climate?). Oh dear.. I jus realise u must mean elec Shower heaters... sorry, dummy me (blame it on late hr)! Shower heaters dun consume tat much elec unless used by many ppl & long duration la.

hi sushibabe,

I agree ... although no sun, my laundry no smelly smell...erm.. ur jeans also so fast dry? usually i will leave them hung up for 2 days because when i touch, i still feel not 100% dry... they are like cool-dry after 1 day.. if u know wat i mean.. like u touch it, they feel cooling although quite dry... i scare if i keep into wardrobe, will have smell coz not 100% dry.. :unsure:

hi tension,

I was shocked with my SP bill of $242 . However, is it ur first mth in the house? Someone told me first time is like that. I am waiting for my next mth bill to compare. :P

If your clothes not alot, consider washing once every 2 days. Water and electricity very shiong if washed everyday leh... :P

Meowie,

Our hse area abt da same, occupants not much diff I reckon so, if ur not into too many elec appliances..., does tat mean I gonna get a similar bill amount lyk urs in da 1st mth? :jawdrop:

Hey carelinwen & shivan,

Just to share my feedback. This afternoon sun is very strong and I felt less heat in my rooms now after installing the film. When I touch the window, it is really hot. So the film did help :)

Hi amanda,

will pm you the contact. you can drop by my place to experience it if you want.

Hi Coco,

So glad ur investment paid off : )

Edited by Hana79

Hana, u r so funny. =) in Sg how could i use that kind of heater??

I shall see the 2nd month bill for comparison.

this is scary!

Any more dog gatherings, must call me ok?

I think it may include the electricity and water that your contractor use for reno. My actual bill just came also after a few months of estimated reading and it is about 90 plus. You go take a look at the bills for the past few months and check which one is estimate and which one is actual. if they under estimate for the past few months, the excess will be stack over till the actual readings i think. :dunno:

tension,

maybe don't use vacuum too often la...i used to vacuum often because of the dust from reno nearby...now, i too lazy to take out vacuum cleaner from store room liao...maybe you try the magic clean wiper, got dry and wet versions...can trap hair and dust but of course not as power as vacuum lah...

now i start work, cannot so hardworking already...i plan to vacuum and mop floor once on weekends, and use magic clean wiper on weekdays...so far so good...the floor still clean to touch...

how come all your bills so high??? my latest is $60, 2 people living...and it's sch holidays where i stay at home most of the time...

but i make it a point to switch off main plugs after finish using...the only thing that is 24hrs is the fridge...and sometimes in the daytime, i also need to switch on lights in the kitchen and toilets...

Hi sushibabe,

my first bill from SP is 50bucks.. but i think never include electricity (my guess). That's why my 2nd bill shoot up to 242. :unsure::unsure:

Meowie,

Our hse area abt da same, occupants not much diff I reckon so, if ur not into too many elec appliances..., does tat mean I gonna get a similar bill amount lyk urs in da 1st mth? :jawdrop:

Hi Hana,

not sure leh... was pretty shocked to see the bills too.. am waiting patiently for next mth bill to check if the meter reading was taken wrongly...

hahahaa... :P

Hana, u r so funny. =) in Sg how could i use that kind of heater??

I shall see the 2nd month bill for comparison.

this is scary!

Any more dog gatherings, must call me ok?

tension,

what is ur dog allergic to? that day u mention cannot get out of house right?? Am thinking of organising a dog run 1 weekday evening.. maybe zanie, shivan , babymaro, coco_mybibi etc can join in? hehee...