Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Drac,

Congratz on ur near completion! Can lose weight ah? Me like no diff, haha... must check weighing scale. But u & wife no nid2 lose anymore, oredi so slim!

Kpo ur hse.. Count me in! Last time our group only kpo Yeoman, Liana's... hses, never see urs. :sport-smiley-003:

Haha... thanks :notti:

Mine nothing too fancy ah..... can come on any weekends after this week. Can let me know early so i can prepare abit ah. Hehehe.... :yamseng:

Haha, I'm not afraid of Winnie cos I have the perfect counter for that => my gf! U should have seen how 'guai' Winnie was when my gf was playing with her. :thumbs up:

Anyway, will be waiting for the big 'tour' of ur hse. :rolleyes:

Haha.. ok ok. Will launch a "Tour of Castlevania" soon ah. :bleah:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi all,

Just came across this promo on city gas products.

http://www.citygas.com.sg/index.php?option...2&Itemid=60

Just want to know a few thing pertaining to gas-run appliances

1) IS it true that they can save cost in terms of electic - run ones?

2) Will it be difficult to change / repair the parts if broken down?

3) Do I need to change the battery in the water heater very often?

4) How is the quality of the Gas dryer as compared to normal ones??

5) Are products from city gas durable? ( As in it can they last for at least 10 years?)

6) Pros and Cons of these 2 products

Hope to seek valuable advices from those who had been using gas dryers and city gas heater.

Many Thanks

glenn

hi new to this forum. me also staying in 79E.

so anyone going to this sunday lunch gathering?

Hi

Welcome to the club.

Some of us. Look back a few pages to identify us in the photo. Will you be going ?

Jacky, like to check should I use "Thinner" - pronouce as "Tina" or "Turpentine" - pronouce as "Tar Pin" ??? I got paint stains on my bedroom door and metal gate

Tks :)

Hey howlupjac,

- u r rite.

- 'tina' & 'tarpin' r contractors' slang.

- 'thinner' is stronger, works better s a paint removal.

- turpentine is less stronger, works s a paint mixer.

- 2 remove paint stain, use 'thinner' lah.

- depends on e severity of e paint stain, u can scrape it off by finger nail or scraper.

- scraper can use 2 scrape off paint & white plaster stain on any smooth surface, such s tile flooring & glass panel.

- scraper beli useful, got few sizes in terms of width, get e medium 1 wil do. Hardware shop got sell, few dollars only.

:idea:

Hi,

Any motorcyclist here who purchase season parking but encounter no parking lots?

Hey,

- tot there r quite a nos. of motorbike lots at e upper decks?

- nobody wil snatch ur favourite lot at e upper decks but its kinda secluded.

:notti:

Jacky, I not so lomantic la. If I ard, shud at least hv flicker of light frm my crystal ball/disco light :dancingqueen: But if Meowie tells me nxt mth bill oso high, 2save elec, I may jus hv my horfun dinner in da dark (copy u-know-who lah)!

:huh::lol::bleah:

Edited by jaCKY777

Hi

Welcome to the club.

Some of us. Look back a few pages to identify us in the photo. Will you be going ?

yesterday afternoon, my father called. they said sold-out....... so fast.....sianzzzzz :curse:

- What Would You Do If You Were Me? -

As we welcome more and more great people into the neighbourhood, and getting to know more neighbours who also become closer friends, do we ever think about whether our daily (inconsiderate) acts will cause inconvenience and even health hazards to our neighbours (aka friends)?

Recently, I have a neighbour who moved in about 2 months ago, staying above my unit. All is fine and well, until I noticed cigarette ash on my floor near the kitchen window as well as the dining area (which happens to be near the small window where the aircon ledge is). The cigarette ash fell onto my kitchen floor and the dining table in a lump size and ash-like particles. It has become almost a daily activity that we had to constantly look out for such ashes and doing our best to wipe them away or end up with dusty floor and table.

We spotted our neighbours (both husband and wife) smoking at the kitchen window and suspected the cigarette ash could come from them as they "conveniently" flicked the cigarette ash out of the window.

Imagine such ashes are falling on our dining table when we eat, on our clothes which I hung out for drying overnight and found ash sticking on them the next day morning, and on my kitchen floor after we had done with our vacuuming and mopping, and gosh.... 10-15 mins later, the black cigarette ash particles was spotted on the floor again!!! Argghhhh.....!!!!!

I believe we have come to live in a great neighbourhood and we should all the more spare a thought for each other. What can be "convenient" to us may caused inconvenience to others.

Dear neighbours, what would you do if you were me? :dunno:

Opps...I think I know this family. In fact I just had breakfast with the wife and her daughter this morning at FoodPark. They are really very nice people and I am quite sure they would not have done this if they had known of the consequences. I think it might be good if you can talk to them directly...let me know if I can be of any help too.... :)

Hi Neighbours

How are you??? Been quite some time since i read the thread...didnt realize i missed so much..too many pages to read liao...and new neighbours- hi all!!

we've been so busy with work, future in laws, frenz etc etc coming by on every weekend...and our next headache..wedding prep...

Well..

1. Tis Sunday gathering... i guess no more tickets or coupons...any idea if we could join without the tickets and coupons?? would love to catch up with yall...

2. Almondust: Read abt the smoking issue...for awhile i thought it was us...phew!!!! me and FH are smokers...while reading I was trying to reacap if i did throw ash by the window..but for sure we never throw the cigg butt down the window coz we never do that...... and im not too sure if we cause such inconvenience to our neighbours..

Initially we do not want to smoke in the house but outside the house. When our neighbour start to move in we saw that they have a newborn baby and since our doors are very close to one another we decide to smoke only in the kitchen coz we dun want our rooms to smell of cigg smoke...

from what i could remember we never throw the ashes down the window and if we did we didnt mean it...(if you're a smoker you will understand) sometimes you just 'tap' the cigg ash wherever convenient.

so from my point of view you shld speak to them in a nice way they might not realize that the ash are flying to ur hse...

hmm hopefully we are not causing such things to our neighbours...

3. groovygenie: hope u've resolved ur issues...

4. Jacky: cant wait to see completion of ur reno!!

5. Meepok/babymaro: we are going to laminate our door!! cant stand the color of our main door...e contractor quoted us $350 excluding new door handle and lock (plain matt laminate without design). got the contact from Jacky.

All neighbours ive met before- if you remember me pls do say hi if i didnt when we bump into each other...im bad at remembering faces and when i walk i very blurr one....so pls excuse me..didnt mean to be rude or whatever...hehe

hi liana, how have you been? So reno everything settle already? Flooring settle?

have a great weekend ahead. =)

hi liana, how have you been? So reno everything settle already? Flooring settle?

have a great weekend ahead. =)

1. Tis Sunday gathering... i guess no more tickets or coupons...any idea if we could join without the tickets and coupons?? would love to catch up with yall...

4. Jacky: cant wait to see completion of ur reno!!

5. Meepok/babymaro: we are going to laminate our door!! cant stand the color of our main door...e contractor quoted us $350 excluding new door handle and lock (plain matt laminate without design). got the contact from Jacky.

- Sunday Gathering, of cos can go, jus dat no food 4 u loh. :bleah:

- think u shd go, go check out see how they organize, mayb u wana follow 2. Haha, u noe wat i mean. Olso can find out how 2 go abt booking e desire venue. :notti:

- my reno? => T-Blog : Less Is More, More Is Less

- $350 to laminate e main door which is a fire rated door, is worth it base on my pt of view.

:rolleyes:

hi all,

Just came across this promo on city gas products.

http://www.citygas.com.sg/index.php?option...2&Itemid=60

Just want to know a few thing pertaining to gas-run appliances

1) IS it true that they can save cost in terms of electic - run ones?

2) Will it be difficult to change / repair the parts if broken down?

3) Do I need to change the battery in the water heater very often?

4) How is the quality of the Gas dryer as compared to normal ones??

5) Are products from city gas durable? ( As in it can they last for at least 10 years?)

6) Pros and Cons of these 2 products

Hope to seek valuable advices from those who had been using gas dryers and city gas heater.

Many Thanks

glenn

Hi Liana,

So you have shifted in already! My reno finishing soon also hope that can shift in soon. How did you choose the laminate and lock? Did the contractor meet you with the samples?

Liana/Jacky

Can let me have the contact for the door lamination? Do you know if they will laminate the sides? My ID told me that the sides will come off easily and he recommends only laminating the door and painting the sides.

Hey howlupjac,

- u r rite.

- 'tina' & 'tarpin' r contractors' slang.

- 'thinner' is stronger, works better s a paint removal.

- turpentine is less stronger, works s a paint mixer.

- 2 remove paint stain, use 'thinner' lah.

- depends on e severity of e paint stain, u can scrape it off by finger nail or scraper.

- scraper can use 2 scrape off paint & white plaster stain on any smooth surface, such s tile flooring & glass panel.

- scraper beli useful, got few sizes in terms of width, get e medium 1 wil do. Hardware shop got sell, few dollars only.

:idea:

Hey,

- tot there r quite a nos. of motorbike lots at e upper decks?

- nobody wil snatch ur favourite lot at e upper decks but its kinda secluded.

:notti:

Hi Jacky

Cos my ID ask me to use Tar pin to clean the paint stains, then we we went to the pain shop there are tar pin and Tina..dunno which to use lor...My metal gate also got paint splashes, which report to the building services centre, they claim they did the clean up...like real only...Dunno if I scrap will the paint on the gate drop or not. Carpentry pple told me before cannot use too many times to clean else will spoil the glossy laminate on carpentry also. SigHz

Scrapper buy liao..but dun dare to use cos scare will scar the door...every scratch is every cent lost.

motor lot - siGhz..this is the dunno how many complaints I receive from my guests who drive

"Why HDB sunday no free parking de"

"Why don't have floor level lifts de. i gotta carry my baby pram down the steps"

"Why your block so stupid de...MSCP not linked to your block de"

"Why the design so stupid de...gotta take 3 lifts before reaching your storey..why didn't you take block B,C,D instead"

"Why I need to make so many rounds before I find one secluded corner to park my bike? Only ard 60++ lots in the whole MSCP???"

Aiyo, when you hear so many "why....de" you also a bit sian right ??

Anyway just a word of advice to you guys who have guest who drive, you can advice them to park at blk 85's MSCP (sorry arh...selfish singaporean advice) cos your guest will have to walk a long way to put coupon if they intend to stay long at your flat for blk A and E residents...then somemore Sunday NO FREE PARKING...the other side is free...WHY LIKE THAT DE??? :dunno::bangwall::jawdrop:

*btw i wrote to HDB to complain deck 2A, 3A, 4A are quite dark during day time cos we are quite blocked on both sides. If suay suay one day kenna robber dun know i can even see the robber's face or not.

Edited by howlupjac

motor lot - siGhz..this is the dunno how many complaints I receive from my guests who drive

"Why HDB sunday no free parking de"

"Why don't have floor level lifts de. i gotta carry my baby pram down the steps"

"Why your block so stupid de...MSCP not linked to your block de"

"Why the design so stupid de...gotta take 3 lifts before reaching your storey..why didn't you take block B,C,D instead"

Aiyo, when you hear so many "why....de" you also a bit sian right ??

hi jac, ya these are also the questions my hubby and i also asked ourselves :( saw in this forum before that some 79-ers wrote to HDB/Town council request for free parking on sunday, any replies from the authority?

hi jac, ya these are also the questions my hubby and i also asked ourselves :( saw in this forum before that some 79-ers wrote to HDB/Town council request for free parking on sunday, any replies from the authority?

Here's the reply ....

Free parking on Sunday.

The total number of car park lots at the MSCP is 674, but number of household at Blk 79 A to E is 1158 units. HDB will have to wait till more residents move in and see that all season tickets are sold and there is enough car park lots for free parking. It may come to a situation that the whole car park is for Season parking only