Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
now i guai guai stay at home surf renotalk. = \

babymaro, how early was ur encounter?

Hi tension,

Mine was about 745am. I think i encounter twice, the 1st encounter i cant remember the timing liao, but not 7 month.

When you want drop by to see my beautiful doggy?

Babymaro2003

:yamseng:

see which weekday u are free, i can drop over with Ah-B---- after work, or Sat =)

Hi tension,

I think weekday evening will be the best. Let me know before you pop by.

Babymaro2003

Even u get the lift maintanence guys to check, they will say the lifts are ok.

Certain level of the the block are hxxxxxd during 7th month from 12midnight to 6am. If i were u, i stay at home.

I think it is just the lift's programming logic that is causing the problem.

I can make the lifts (21-40) in blk A open at the lower floors everytime on the way up. I stumbled on this accidentally also. When you press your floor and the lift is on its way up, you press about 5 other floors continuously 1 after another. All the lift buttons lights will go off and the lift door will open at which ever floor that you finish pressing the 5 floors continuously at. :notti:

When it first happened, me and my wife was shocked also... thinking to ourselves what's happening here... :jawdrop:

After it happened, i decided to do the same thing and see if it happens again to prove that it is not the doings of the spirits and voila I'm able to re-produce the result. :notti:

Just to clarify, I was not playing with the lift buttons... :bleah: Too old for that already...

I haven't tried it on the way down though... Wonder if it is the same. :dunno:

On another note, do you know you can change your mind after pressing the lift button? Just press the button 3 times to un-select and the light will go off. I learnt this in Korea when I saw the passengers did this in the lift. :good:

Only the newer lifts have this feature...

:rolleyes:

- i gues u mus b at 21st storey wher both sides e lift doors open.

no lah, i rem it's not 21 - the lift exchange level. think i go to some other floors to kpo as just started my reno then. will try alister's method, think tat may work.

dracula - dun mean to scare pple lah :)

shivan, this is the scientific part which I am waiting to hear.

just that i didn't press anything else except level 1.

anyway, thanks neigbours for the input. =)

Have a good day all.

I think it is just the lift's programming logic that is causing the problem.

I can make the lifts (21-40) in blk A open at the lower floors everytime on the way up. I stumbled on this accidentally also. When you press your floor and the lift is on its way up, you press about 5 other floors continuously 1 after another. All the lift buttons lights will go off and the lift door will open at which ever floor that you finish pressing the 5 floors continuously at. :notti:

When it first happened, me and my wife was shocked also... thinking to ourselves what's happening here... :jawdrop:

After it happened, i decided to do the same thing and see if it happens again to prove that it is not the doings of the spirits and voila I'm able to re-produce the result. :notti:

Just to clarify, I was not playing with the lift buttons... :bleah: Too old for that already...

I haven't tried it on the way down though... Wonder if it is the same. :dunno:

On another note, do you know you can change your mind after pressing the lift button? Just press the button 3 times to un-select and the light will go off. I learnt this in Korea when I saw the passengers did this in the lift. :good:

Only the newer lifts have this feature...

Hi Shivan,

My parent place also have this feature. Press the button for 2 times to un-select and the lights will go off.

Babymaro2003

Hi jacky,

Reno guru, how about my case?

Babymaro2003

- u hangover or monday blues izit?

:lol:

- report BSC lah.

:bleah:

now i guai guai stay at home surf renotalk. = \

babymaro, how early was ur encounter?

- no need b afraid. Jus do ur normal stuff.

- 'nobody' wil 'disturb' u if u dun 'offend' 'anybody'.

- 'they' got e rite 2 roam around, u got e rite 2 move around olso. Urs is a stronger case, u live there, 'they' shd respect u more.

- if there r such 'things' in 79, most likely 'they' r there 2 explore e area since 'they' r out. Jus like those 'youngters' & 'couples' who dun live in 79.

- fyi, during my army days, had slept many a times in Lim Chu Kang cemetery, beside tombstone, peaceful nite til daybreak. Only those who do evil things wil not hav e peaceful nite.

:jammin:

- Shivan is somehow rite.

- there is such thing on e logic part of electronics.

- older lifts which serve 12 sty have only 3-5 buttons.

- during younger days, used 2 press all buttons at e same time wen e lift is moving upwards. After pressing, e buttons lite wil go off, e lift wil somehow stop half-way, u gota press a level so dat e lift wil carry on moving.

- kinda fun s teenager mah. who cares.

- mayb gota include dis 'lift' issue in e meeting with e RC & TC & NPC.

This is the best quote so far man.... haha.... super scary ah! :notti:

Then i guess it could be a routine on and off happenings programmed in the lifts to ensure that during emergency, it will really open. It should be nothing to worry about, maybe can get clarifications from HDB or TC in regards to this issue. Given them a friendly ring and maybe can update us too.... Hehe...

:dancingqueen:

But the lift doors did not open right?

:unsure:

The answer is "yes". The door opened. As Shivan says, it is a feature incase you press the wrong floor and decide to "undo" the mistake. Can't remember press how many times, maybe try again later.

Can see that u guys are having fun with the lifts. Will hope to be able to join in the party more often after we moved in. :sport-smiley-004:

On the lift, why cant they make the higher-flr lifts service the 2nd floor too? This will make it easier to access the mscp via the 2nd flr linkway...

Anyway, oc and me checked out the sky-garden for the 1ST TIME on Sat (ya...u heard it right...1st time ever since we got our keys). Must admit that we can find a lot of 'cosy' corners. Especially the benches which are facing the HDB hub. No1 can see u unless they have binos. Haha. Also didnt notice that there are lifts in the mscp...OMG...we are 'suaku'.

Any other things which we have missed out? :thumbs up:

Am really looking forward to moving in.... :D

Edited by Vlanze

Can see that u guys are having fun with the lifts. Will hope to be able to join in the party more often after we moved in. :sport-smiley-004:

On the lift, why cant they make the higher-flr lifts service the 2nd floor too? This will make it easier to access the mscp via the 2nd flr linkway...

Anyway, oc and me checked out the sky-garden for the 1ST TIME on Sat (ya...u heard it right...1st time ever since we got our keys). Must admit that we can find a lot of 'cosy' corners. Especially the benches which are facing the HDB hub. No1 can see u unless they have binos. Haha. Also didnt notice that there are lifts in the mscp...OMG...we are 'suaku'.

Any other things which we have missed out? :thumbs up:

Am really looking forward to moving in.... :D

Hi Vlanze,

The mscp carpark lift very hidden lo, near to block B. Not very useful for resident staying at 79E. I agree with you, nowdays we go home about 10pm, hardly can find any carpark lot at lower level. We have to drive up to deck 4th floor or 5th floor to park, then the linkway only 2nd floor, we have to walk down the staircase to the 2nd floor linkway to access to our block. Not convenience especially for elderly.

Babymaro2003

Hi Vlanze,

The mscp carpark lift very hidden lo, near to block B. Not very useful for resident staying at 79E. I agree with you, nowdays we go home about 10pm, hardly can find any carpark lot at lower level. We have to drive up to deck 4th floor or 5th floor to park, then the linkway only 2nd floor, we have to walk down the staircase to the 2nd floor linkway to access to our block. Not convenience especially for elderly.

Babymaro2003

Ya very true Babymaro, imagine for those staying at the upper floors....

- Walk to 2nd flr of mscp

- Walk via linkway to own block (and risk being 'ambushed')

- Either take lift to 21st flr or 1st flr for TRANSIT

- Change to other lift to go to higher flrs

- Reach own flr FINALLY

OMG! This is rather dumb.... :furious:

Anyway, also noticed the many closed doors at the many stairways....next time can bring doggies there to play hide and seek....haha ;)

Ya very true Babymaro, imagine for those staying at the upper floors....

- Walk to 2nd flr of mscp

- Walk via linkway to own block (and risk being 'ambushed')

- Either take lift to 21st flr or 1st flr for TRANSIT

- Change to other lift to go to higher flrs

- Reach own flr FINALLY

OMG! This is rather dumb.... :furious:

Anyway, also noticed the many closed doors at the many stairways....next time can bring doggies there to play hide and seek....haha ;)

Hi Vlanze,

- Park 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th floor of mscp.

- Walk down to 2nd floor linkway or take lift from block D or C to 12th floor skygarden to access to my unit.

Mine not as complicated as yours, u need to TRANSIT.

My doggy wont play hide and seek, she will play catching with us. Hahaha. You know what i mean.

Babymaro2003